Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: <<Business Wing>> of the Welcoming Team
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 7:27 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Welcome to the Business Wing of the Welcoming Team, fellow members!
This thread was created for important announcements and issues that may arise concerning the Welcoming Team only. This thread is neither for chatting about your day, nor a palce to dish out your random musings, but for discussions strictly based on suggestions, questions and announcements of the Welcoming Team. This is the place to come for important information, not to hang out with your friends. Only relevant and necessary posts here, please.

However, know that your input, opinions, and suggestions are still highly valued and what make the Welcoming Team what it is. If there's anything you feel needs to be changed or added, post it here.
As non-members will probably soon realize, we're not all that experienced with being business-like, so erm...*cough* let's just try our best. ;)

~The Welcoming Team~ <<click for our home thread! [See what we're really like when we lose the breif case and tie :teehee:]

Updates/Announcements

8/26/07
Gwenneth resigned as WT co-leader.

8/26/07
New welcomers of the month!

5/31/07
The dates for the Welcoming Team party are June 30 and August 4! We will meet in the A-U.com chat room at 9:00pm GMT. The chat room won't be reserved for us, so don't worry about a special password to get in -- however, you will be required to create a password-protected name to log-in to the chatroom. We advise that you do this prior to June 30th, just to be sure the password works and everything. PM me or Larael for questions. [Or just ask them here. ;)]

4/25/07
Elenriel Greenleaf and Rose of Rivendell have become our new Buddies!

4/7/07
Buddies: Please check the list to make sure that I have you paired up with the right newbies. If you would like one or two more, PM either me or Larael.

3/19/07
The Welcomer of the Month has been updated for March. [No, it wasn't JUST updated...I just forgot to announce it :P]

2/24/07
A new section on Welcomators has been added to this post, along with the new members that Buddies currently have under their wing.

Here is a complete list of everyone who has ever been a welcomer. If you are considering joining, please PM Larael. Know that while a degree of commitment is expected, we realize that no one's life revolves around the Welcoming Team. :P If you join, you will merely be expected to welcome to some degree. We'd be happy to have you aboard!

A
Aerlinn
alatariel1709
Amoniel
Anariel_the_Ranger
Anduril Nova
Artemis
Arya Arneya
Aslan
~Arya~

B
Beriadanwen
BlackWolf_The_Hunter
Bowgirlwarrior
bow_and_arrow

C
Cadence Grace
Caunion the Frost Lord
Celebriän Lúinwë
Cuilwen

D

E
Edward Elric
Elegost Eruaphadion
Elenmir Miriel
Elenmir Míriel
Elenriel Greenleaf
Elenthari
Elfenwen
Elven Archer
Elenwë Undómë
Estë Undómë
evenstar of mirkwood
Eyalan
*Estel*

F
FaZiovsky
Faithless
Fencing Maiden
Ferya_Kai
Firaeya Laisidhiel
Fíriel_18190
ForeverFrodo

G
Gilraen Ringeril
Gwenneth

H
Haldir o Lórien
hobbit_fan

I

J
Jack the Ripper
Jax Nova
Johnny's Fan

K
Kasou

L
Lady Dark Moon
Lady Erana Éowyn
LadyOfRohan
Lady Rinoa
Leaha
Larael
Legolas15
Lhunardaien
Luthien of Lorien

M
Meltithenniel
Merry & Sam
Miliuel
Miluiel Undomiel
minky
Mornie utúlië
Mrs.Gamgee

N
Naellyra
Nuilanwen
Nurrantiel

O

P
Pandora
Pearl Evenstar
Pigrider
Pippin

Q

R
Rose of Rivendell
Rowan
~RinielAranel~

S
Sangur
smeagollum

T
Tariel
Telpeath
The Lamenter
The Nightingale
Titania
Turwaithiel

U
Undomiel111

V

W
Will
WilliamMoseleyLuver

X

Y
yavanna

Z

Welcomer of the Month [[2007]]
Run by Larael
February: Gilraen Ringeril for her consistency in welcoming and original welcoming posts.
March: Fencing Maiden for her warm and welcoming attitude towards newbies.
April: Rose of Rivendell for her great attitude and enthusiasm when welcoming.
May: Estë Undóme for having an overall "fwee" attitude all day, every day.
June: Turwaithiel Swann for her eagerness to help out the WT in any way she can.
July: Elenthari for welcoming when even she was still learning her way around the forum!
August:
September:
October:
November:
Decemeber:

Buddies List
Luthien of Lorien currently buddying: Lweven and Marduk
Este Undome currently buddying: VairenEstel
Elven Archer currently buddying: Gaara-kun-sama and Ninniach
Riniel Aranel currently buddying: Fantasy Fan and Claire Sedai
Larael currently buddying: Elenthari
Elenriel Greenleaf currently buddying: galadhwen and ~Miriel~
Rose of Rivendell currently buddying: Lolindir Alcarin and Ela
Ms. Gamgee currently buddying: Inkling
Gwenneth currently buddying: no one

Note: All Buddies are hand-picked by Larael, and the moderators. If Buddying looks appealing to you, the best thing to do is keep welcoming, following the rules, and being the good, contributing A-Uer. :)

Click here for more info on the Buddy System!

Buddies: If you are either [1] in need of another newbie or [2] would like to take on more than one newbie please PM Larael and she will be happy to assign you more!

About Welcomators
What is their job?: To answer questions, organize events, and maintain the Welcoming Team as a whole.
Who came up with the idea?: The Moderators.
Why?: So that members can easily tell who recruits, organizes events, etc. The rank and silver stars are not a reward for outstanding welcoming, but a simple way to tell who to go to with questions about the Welcoming Team.
Well, what kind of powers do they have?: Unlike Moderators, Welcomators do NOT have nifty little buttons to push, nor do they have any special powers or priveleges. They are regular members.
Where can I apply to become one?: Sorry, but no one will be added as a new Welcomator right now. The best way to be of service to the Welcoming Team is to keep welcoming and participating in the Team. :)

Thanks to Este we have our own banner! Here is the URL:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1853/wt5vb.jpg

Here are what we call our "Welcome Mats", which are a great tool to jazz up your welcomes. ;)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2065/name15hn.gif

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/281/name21sd.gif

(These two were granted to us by Elberethsq and made by eowynfaramir4eva)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/ ... lcome1.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/ ... lcome2.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/ ... lcome3.gif

(These were kindly made by Nazgulette)

Last edited by Gwenneth on August 26th, 2007, 9:25 pm, edited 92 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 10:33 pm 

Quick question- are you planning to post the memberlist, Newbie Buddy list, and Welcomer of the Month here too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 11:43 pm 
Maia
Maia

Larael wrote:
Quick question- are you planning to post the memberlist, Newbie Buddy list, and Welcomer of the Month here too?

Good point. I think that would be a good idea :)

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 12:33 am 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Yeah, I think anything major should go in the first post. :yes:

...which includes the member list and the like. I'll get on that sort of thing as soon as I can. Thanks for bearing with me, guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 1:59 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Question: Why did the Welcomer of the Month stop? Is it because of the Buddies list?

Question: Will the Mods be stickying this post? It would be nice to think so, otherwise it will just be pushed further down and be like the WT in the MR section - lost.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 5:50 pm 

...clutzy mod of the year here... ahem, anyway, I just saw the move threads and accompanying posts...You're right JF, so I'll sticky Gwen's post so you lovely welcoming members can stay at the top. Please, I know I'm not an official member, but I would like to help out once I'm back and healthy, if you need anything.. I do really wish you all the best in both aspects of your welcoming... see you in a few days. ..goes to ice the wrist and grumble more about my luck... :hug:

~tin

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 5:50 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Welcomer of the Month should be up soon. I wasn't going to continue it this year, just because it seemed to have lost some interest, but Larael and I are talking about it.

There's still a lot that will go up in the first post, it's not going to be left just how it is now. ;)

EDIT: Thanks tin! And yeah, we'd love to have you around. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 8:24 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Thanks Tin. Hope ypu get better soon. *slaps self for off topicness*

Question: Would it be possible for members to have an input in the welcomer of the month thing?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 8:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

Location: I'm everywhere at once. I am currently lost in the land of quotes.

@tin: Who said you had to be a member of the WT to post here? Feel free to join the convorsations, we don't mind. :happy: :teehee:

"I am he [she =P] that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 10:10 pm 

Hmm.. interesting idea JF. Actually, as of right now, Gwen has put me in charge of finding our WotM and submitting the name and reason each month to her. It would be nice to have member input, but I'm just afraid that people will begin to see it as a popularity contest. :confused: Maybe you can talk me into it though... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 11:11 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Larael wrote:
Hmm.. interesting idea JF. Actually, as of right now, Gwen has put me in charge of finding our WotM and submitting the name and reason each month to her. It would be nice to have member input, but I'm just afraid that people will begin to see it as a popularity contest. :confused: Maybe you can talk me into it though... ;)

No, I actually meant could we have an input whether we continue with TWOTM? I just got the impression from Gwen at the moment it wasn't going ahead but I'm so glad it is, so you can scrap my idea. :P I understand why the WT members can't take part in choosing who to go for, so I don't think I'm going to even try and convince you on this one. *le gasp* Yes, I know, 'tis a shame. ;)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 11:56 pm 

*double le gasp* I was hoping for a very convincing speech. Ah well.. I shall be content anyway. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 11:59 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Lol, well I'll put my convincing box away and save it for another day. :teehee:

*on the on topic... err topic*

Is there any chance past welcomers of the month could be posted again? it was nice to see who was the welcomer of the month and when...[on second thoughts it might not be a good idea is someone who was awarded it 4 months ago is awarded it again]. Another JF idea to scrap. :eyeroll:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 2:57 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Ah, found the business thread :P I have a question, I was going to PM it, but then thought that others might appreciate it as well. As a Buddy, I have one newbie to look after for three weeks. But what if I was quite willing to take on another newbie at the same time? Considering that my lovely newbie #1 is doing well, and doesn't take up much of my time :) Would this be possible? Thanks! :bye:

"You said: I know that this will hurt, but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 11:47 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Yes, that is a good question Luth. Alas, I fear I shall never have two on the go as my buddy...doesn't seem to ever want to post....:-(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 1:58 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

That's a really good idea, Luth. I'll talk about it with Larael and the mods. But I really can't see why not if you're totally up to it. We definitely have more than enough newbies.

JF, if your member continues to be inactive, please let Larael or I know and we can give you someone new.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next