Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 86  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2007, 4:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

:welcome:, Inkling! :) I love your username; very creative! I remember reading about the Inklings once, when I was doing a project on Tolkien.

I am also a Narnia fan and Believer. It's great to have you with us! :)

See you around the forum!
~Gil :bye2:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2007, 1:58 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

It's always a treat to meet with fellow believers and you all sure know how to make a newbie feel right at home :-D. I'm having a blast poking around all the other discussions going on. Maybe I'll even post about having lunch in the Eagle and Child in Oxford (where Lewis and Tolkien met to discuss their writing). Have a wonderful Monday, one and all :).

~*The road must be trod, but it will be very hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will carry us far upon it. *~ Gandalf the White

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2007, 2:34 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Hello! I'm a Tolkien freak girl from Finland. I found this page last spring, and now I desided to check this forum :) I thought that this a good chance to learn how to speak (or write ) English. If I make terrible mistakes, please tell it :-D

So I love Tolkiens books, and LotR-movies are also very good. I read quite lot ( especially fantasybooks) and I play volleyball sometimes. School (highschool actually) takes a lot of my time, but occasionally I have time for surfing in the Internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2007, 2:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Location: I'm everywhere at once. I am currently lost in the land of quotes.

Hello, Melilot! :welcome:

Welcome to this forum of A-U, the forum full of obsessive LotR freaks. :teehee:
You can always feel free to PM with any questions if you need to - we're not too scary. :P
I hope to see you around and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

~Arya. :-D

"I am he [she =P] that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 2:45 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

i need help... the board is so big im lost :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 3:26 am 
Maia
Maia

^ What do you need help with, Arquenniel?
Just ask, I'll see if I can help you.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 6:31 am 

Welcome to A-U Melilot.
The main page is great and I'm happy you also fond your way to the forum. Your English is already great but you might even feel you're improving when posting around, but don't think about it actually.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns. :angel:

Arguenniel, first of all it might be an idea to randomly browse the forum, skim through a couple of threads to see what the discussions are about and post there if you find it interesting. Then you might get back later to see if people have replied and then you're already a part of a discussion. If you are looking for specific topics or threads you can ask here. There are sections for Lord of the Rings book and movie discussions. RPG's, Graphics, Fanfics and everything about the members daily life!!

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 7:26 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Welcome to the forum, Melilot!
I'm Silme Din, at your service. If you need any help at all, feel free to pm me, and I'll help you as much as I can! :)
I'm sure you'll improve your already very good English when posting here, and you'll make lots of good friends among the other members :D
Well, poke around, and be merry! Never be afraid to ask if you wonder about something!

--SD.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 2:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Melilot wrote:
Hello! I'm a Tolkien freak girl from Finland. I found this page last spring, and now I desided to check this forum :) I thought that this a good chance to learn how to speak (or write ) English. If I make terrible mistakes, please tell it :-D

So I love Tolkiens books, and LotR-movies are also very good. I read quite lot ( especially fantasybooks) and I play volleyball sometimes. School (highschool actually) takes a lot of my time, but occasionally I have time for surfing in the Internet.

:welcome:, Melilot!

I'm Rose of Rivendell, but just call me Rose for short. I'm glad that you've decided to join us and I hope you'll have a wonderful time here at A-U.com!
Don't worry about your English. It's fine. :) And, besides, we have so many members here from all over the world whose first language isn't English, so see the forum as a chance to improve your English while having much fun. :)
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

See you around,
~Rose

Arquenniel wrote:
i need help... the board is so big im lost :(

Just tell us in which points you need help and I'm sure we'll be able to give you some advice then. Don't be afraid to ask. :)
And you may also send me a pm. I'd love to help you. :)

<center>
~thanks to: Johnny's Fan (animated banner)~
~icons made by me~

My site: ~Evenstar Dreams~<center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2007, 12:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Hey Melilot and welcome to the A-U forum :welcome: it's great to have another European joining :-D I'm Fíriel and I'm from Germany. For me A-U also is a great opportunity to improve my English and it does actually help a lot. I hope you're gonna like it here and I hope you're gonna find some nice topics for discussion around here. If you need any help you are always welcome to PM me :bye2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2007, 5:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

:welcome: to the forum Melilot and Arquenniel! :)

Arquenniel - Ask any questions you have here, and I'd be glad to help! :)

See you both around!
~Gil :bye2:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 11:25 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

thx for all ur help guys! i sort of know my way around the lotr sections but im kind of lost with the other ones, i dunno what they are for :confused: specially the fan section and the other section? and thers 2 sections called resources and tutorials ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 1:29 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

The Fan Section is there for posting different kinds of fan ficiton and of course for looking at and commenting on fan fiction. There is a section for fan art, fan poems and so on.
The Other Section is for different kinds of things. In the Club Section you can find all different sorts of clubs which you can join (which also is a good way of making new friends by the way). The Suggestions and Comments Section is there for posting suggestions and comments about the forum, for telling the mods what they could improve and so on. In the Polling Section you can vote at all different kinds of Polls and the Member Awards section is for the time when members are voting at the Member Awards.
I hope I could help you a bit..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 10:55 am 

Fíriel explained the fan section and the 'other' sections quite well.
The two boards called Ressource and Tutorials are under the sub-forum called World Wide Web or Fan section as far as I remember. The first one (Orthanc) is for asking help with making a webiste or anything web-related like html. The other one (Dale, I think) is for help with graphics.
Most of the boards have little descriptions written under them, which should give an impression of the topics, otherwise try to browse the specific forum to see if it topics there fit what you want to post. It can be confusing here, and sometimes it is difficult to find the appropriate place for posting, but you can always ask a moderator to move your thread if you posted the wrong place! :angel:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 3:54 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Hey there!! I just joined this group!!! Love it so far and the music even more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 4:10 pm 

Welcome to A-U Marduk.
We are glad you are here. The main page and the forum is a haven to every Tolkien fan so I'm sure you will have a great time. The forum has a widely known reputation as one of the friendliest and most active around and here is plenty of things to explore and talk about. It may be overwhelming in the beginning, so if you want any tips or need to be pointed in the direction of a particular direction, just post here. You can also PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :angel:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 86  Next