Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Passion
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 4:14 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

I'm thinking of leavin the forum for a while, I'm just sick of feeling unwanted, and left out here. All you guys have these special bonds with one another, and I just feel left out.

I used to love coming on here, but now there is no passion, no spark. I used to think that I could start forming some real strong friendships here, but I dont think I have.

I feel pathetic and useless in discussions, I'm always getting shot down, nobody seems to talk to me. I feel like i'm just clogging up the system, that I'm dead weight and that you guys just put up with me because your nice people.

Instead of having fun on here, i feel an obligation to post, to continue talking and posting and trying not to slip away.

I'll come back occasionally, to post in Calypo's Fury when I'm needed and other threads that I feel attached to.

I feel sick sometimes, when i see all these groups that are so close, with their inside jokes, and special names and little parties. Now I know that I'll probably never be a part of them. I know that most of these bonds were formed a long time ago, but I wished I could be part of them. I kept trying and trying, but I guess I came off as rude or annoying.

I dont feel like I'll ever be really, truly accepted on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 4:29 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Darky! What are you talking about? It was nobody's intention to have you feel left out! :(
I always feel that way when I look at the WT, but really... this forum wouldn't feel right without you! I left for a little while and now I'm sort of a loner here, but hey... it's all part of the fun (okay, not really... but I got used to it). I don't really have any special bonds with anyone here, either... not anymore.
Don't leave, Darky... :confused: :(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 11:49 pm 

Oh dear. Please don't leave. I can't say I know how you feel, because that would be lying, but I want you to know that I've never thought of you as rude or annoying. When I think of AU, you stick out. You're a cornerstone of this community and although we may not be close I can not imagine having our Darky gone from this forum. We'd miss you terribly if you left. :hug:

Post subject: Re: No Passion
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 1:11 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:
I'm thinking of leavin the forum for a while, I'm just sick of feeling unwanted, and left out here. All you guys have these special bonds with one another, and I just feel left out.

I used to love coming on here, but now there is no passion, no spark. I used to think that I could start forming some real strong friendships here, but I dont think I have.

I feel pathetic and useless in discussions, I'm always getting shot down, nobody seems to talk to me. I feel like i'm just clogging up the system, that I'm dead weight and that you guys just put up with me because your nice people.

Instead of having fun on here, i feel an obligation to post, to continue talking and posting and trying not to slip away.

I'll come back occasionally, to post in Calypo's Fury when I'm needed and other threads that I feel attached to.

I feel sick sometimes, when i see all these groups that are so close, with their inside jokes, and special names and little parties. Now I know that I'll probably never be a part of them. I know that most of these bonds were formed a long time ago, but I wished I could be part of them. I kept trying and trying, but I guess I came off as rude or annoying.

I dont feel like I'll ever be really, truly accepted on the forum.

Duuudee.. what the?! :blink:

How can you possibly be saying all that?! You are our Darky!! You are our Davy Jones obsessed personage... you're one of my little balls of randomness that make this forum so special to me. *cries* I love talking to you and hearing what you have to say. I know we don't get to talk a lot because of the different topics we're a part of, so I am going to make sure that I post a lot in the POTC threads, so I can get to talk to you and to make sure no-one ignores you or anything. And I apologise if I ever ignored you, I do try my best to include everyone in a conversation and reply to people's posts hence all the long @ - snoogle head @ - muffunmole type posts I make.

And can I be truthful? Yes, I know how you feel. I felt like that a lot in the first year of being on AU. I felt like I was a part of nothing, that nobody really knew me. So I went about posting more, joining clubs that I should have joined previously but I was just too lazy to do so.

And I'm sorry that you feel that way about the groups. I only really know of two - the WT and NC and they have been going around for a long, long time but they are not badge wearers only ya know! We have had members new to the forum joining the WT and fitting in, so why you should think someone like you shouldn't I don't know.

And believe it or not, I get very depressed about AU sometimes. And I'm just about to celebrate my 2 years here. And believe or not, I very often feel like I'm being shot down and that my opinions don't matter and that I don't count.

And sometimes I also feel jealous of friendships on here. The bonds that have been formed between people and the things everyone knows about each other. I think that it is my fault really, for not really allowing people to know me. Like I hide the real me, behind my username and that I don't allow people to know more about me, and what I like, what makes me tick. And that the people I do know, it's my fault for not taking the time to get to know them better.

Ok, that was the long way round to say.... I do know how you feel, and I am truly sorry you feel that way. And I would be truly, truly sorry if you left AU because of this, as another part of the forum would be slipping away.

It's people like you that make this forum F-U-N.

So please, give us a second chance. And don't go. :guilty:

If you want to rant at me, or talk to me, you can PM me, email me or MSN me johnnys_fan@hotmail.co.uk

Huggles and snuggles to ya. ♥

:hug: :hug: :hug:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 2:01 am 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

*looks at Gimli's post* I... I second that!!!!11

C'mon Darky.. I still can't believe you're saying all this! You are one of the few members here that I look up to the most. Honest and truly! When I first joined this forum, I was totally intimidated by the powerfulisnessly confident you. Like, I seriously thought (and I told you this about half a year ago in another thread!) "argh, there's one person I'll never ever fit in with, no matter how hard I try." And guess what? I did! When I finally started talking to you, I really liked you and I sorta regretted not talking to you earlier.

So don't leave, Darky! This forum wouldn't be right without your funnily sarcastically chattily happyfully...... ness. You mean so much to us... you just don't realise it!
:'( :hug: :guilty:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 2:10 am 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Aww, Dark do not say that. Of course, I guess I can understand where you're coming from. No one really talks to me either, that is unless I speak to them first. It's always been that way for me. Online and in the real world. No matter where I go I seem to be off in the background somewhere. Maybe that's just because I am not a very social person and not to fond of being around people. But seriously, I feel the same way, if you need someone to talk to I am here but you do not have if you don't wish to. Honestly, I have left this board once or twice but I always ended up coming back. Why? Because I really feel like I have no where else to go. I am that isolated from the world. It's a sad fact. But do not leave, it may not look it, but when one person leaves, a lot of others seem to follow.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 3:44 am 

*nods in agreement to the above posts*
Darky-dahling I'm really sorry if you feel that way, but it makes me sad to see you go. We haven't got to talk so much since I post-exiled myself from the NC but I always knew you were around. I loved to come in the A-U Common room because you were always keeping the conversation going (by the way, who ate the Common Room... perhaps the thread needs serious CPR...). You are one of the people who always make meaningful posts in reply to a topic and it makes your posts worth reading even if I'm just browsing through a thread and not really have anything to say, but I'll still read over yours.
And then... well, I don't know about tight-knitted groups and bonds here... I may or may not be a part of them because I'm so 'floaty', but I feel I could talk to most people here if I had the need for it - and I hope people know they can always come to me! :-)

I hope these posts make you re-consider your decision and help you realising what a valued member you are, but if you still need to take a break I wish you all the best. :hug:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 2:29 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

NOOOOO!!! Darky-you can't leave. The forum just would not be the same without your presence-nor your wonderful username. I'm sorry that I have never really been a part of the discussion threads, but I do know that this forum will not be the same without you. I really hope you will come back Darky, but if you still feel this is not the place for you, I truly wish you the best. Take care. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 3:39 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I'm new around here and I haven't really gotten to know you but I really had hoped I could... I've never met someone who's such a big fan of Davy Jones and I think it's so unique and cool... and since I'm new too I do understand that it's hard to fit in... but I really hope you'll give it another chance and stay, Dark, Queen of Angmar!

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 3:55 pm 

*reads previous posts*

Look at all these people who love you Darky! I'm just like Pirates' Destiny in all this. Although I'm not very new I do want to get to know you better. If you left, how'd I be able to do that. You've such an interesting persona that makes you so fun to be around! If you left we wouldn't have our Davy Jones lovin', Nazgul ridin', ball of light; we wouldn't have our Darky anymore. We'd miss you muchly dearest.

And since we're giving out MSN's I'll give you mine too. I don't think I have yours yet.. I've got an awful memory for such things. ;) --> lady_larael[at]hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 6:58 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Darky! Oh no, Darky, you cannot be serious! I am your friend! We have talked! We talked about your amazing drawing and we have inside jokes?! Remember, the post count? lol :)

Darky, please don't leave. This forum would not be the same without you! :) If I have done anything to ever make you feel left out, tell me and I am so sorry if I have done so! :(

You are a good friend, Dark and I will miss you if you go!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 8:21 am 

Aw, Dark! Let me tell you, I was always jealous of you because you knew everybody and everybody knew you! I mean, I'm pushing on three years on here and yet, because I'm not talkative or "out there" or able to keep a conversation going, people still don't know me very well. Sometimes I feel a little awkward seeing that people who have been a member half as long as me have five times more posts, and already great relationships with everyone. (Such as yourself :teehee:)

I'm sorry if you feel like we're annoyed by you. :( Personally I can't remember a single thing you've said that has been annoying or rude in any way at all! And I'm also sorry if you felt like we've shot you down. :guilty: I'm sure no one ever meant to! You maybe a little more random and eccentric than the rest of us, but that's why everyone loves you so much and wants you to stay so badly!

Please give us another chance and stay around! :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 4:45 pm 

Heey Darky,

I kinda know how you feel. I feel the same way about the friendships and bonds here on AU. And since I have a busy life with school, work and friends AU isn't my first priority so I'm not on that often as I would like. Sometimes feel kind of ignored too, but on the other hand, this is such a nice community with such nice people. I think that if you would join clubs or something like the WT you have the chance to get to know people 'better'.

Anyway, I don't know where my rambling is going, I just hope you'll stick around :) You are really loved here :happy:

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 8:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

darky! please don't leave!!! I know how it feels to be left out sometimes....I was gone for 13 weeks but please don't leave!! it won't be the same!!!

[: ? # = $ ^ ~ +]

Normal is for Muggles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 11:38 am 
Maia
Maia

Aww Darky! don't leave!

I sometimes know how you feel. I always feel like i'm not very noticeable around here, and don't have a group of close friends. I still am here though because I really like the people that our on here, even though we aren't close.

And don't feel unwanted! you are always welcome here. You always have interesting posts and you keep the AU Gentlewomen's club going!

Don't leave... we would miss you terribly :(

<center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 11:42 am 

Don't leave! Nooooooooooooooooo! :'( Things just wouldn't be the same without you!