Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 29th, 2024, 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiiii am back from cyberspace..my 2 years of it :O
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 6:23 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hey guys

I'm back, i joined in Sept 2006, did about 2 posts and disappeared for a while ...now i am back, having discovered it (and my obsession with lotr) again.

Just to remind you all lol, cos i probably havnt meant half of you before

My name's Steph, i'm 17 and i study Travel and tourism at College. I love travelling, and when i finish my 2 yr course this June, i want to work as cabin crew for a few years before settling down into a more secure job (like in one place etc) when i am older.

I love l.o.t.r. because of ther amount of detail thats involved in it, its like history almost (you could believe it was real in a way because of the amount of background info prior to the triology) and am a history geek :laugh:

My fave characters are

(obv) firstly, Aragorn, i love his heritage, and how he overcomes his doubts about himself and his bloodline to achieve his destiny. I love how he accomplishes it though, like he didn't neccesarily want to be High King or anything, but he did it because he wanted to get rid of Sauron forever, to restore peace back to M.E. and also to marry his betrothed, Lady Arwen Udomiel.

I love Viggo in the movies, he really became the character and i dont think Stuart Townsend could have done as good a job tbh, though i am not too familiar with his work, i am a huge fan of Viggo, his art, his sense of humor and his political side :bounce:

Boromir, it always make me cry when i watch FOTR and he dies trying to save the hobbits from the uruk-hai. And even though he originally tried to take the ring from Frodo, he gave up his life to try and protect the others : ) (and oh dear the bit where he says "i would have followed you anywhere, my brother, my captain, my king " (that right? lol) i was like

:'(

I also love Faramir the always overlooked, underestimated, always scorned brother to Boromir. The Scholar to Boromir's Warrior (though he was still pretty handy with a :duel: )
*hugs Faramir*

Pippin and Merry are adorable *hugs them* , they're soo cute (although am more of a fan of these in the movies tbh than in the books)

Sam makes me cry, he's so *loyal*, the perfect friend! the bit in the ROTK movie, where he's like
"I can't carry it Mister Frodo but i can carry yoU" and he's all grimy and sweaty and tearful and i'm like :O *waves Samwise flag* GO SAM!

:D and yeah *Aware of how she is rambling*

If you fancy a natter :D do! i like to make friends with people! especially fans of LOTR (since none and i mean NONE of my friends are :( )

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 6:59 pm 

Hola! :welcome2: to AU! I always love seeing new faces and such here. I love Boromir and Aragorn as well...though I don't think I DON'T love any of the characters. :D Merry, Pip, and Sam, of course. :hug: I love my hobbits. Anyway, nice to see you here again!

Nurr

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 7:22 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hey :D

haha thanks for the welcome *beams*

Defo :D the hobbits are adorable <3 :D

am all hyped up :P watching ROTK now...and the bit where the 3 hunters, theoden, and Gandalf arrive at Isengard to find Pip and Merry 'feasting' and smoking...makes me giggle at Gimli's reaction and how the hobbits tease him about the salted pork being particularly good/...and Gandalf's amazing roll of the eyes and the muttered 'hobbits' makes me crack up everytime.

*is aware she sounds a bit obsessed*

Anyhoo nice to be back, and good to talk to you :D

Speak soon yes ?

Steph xD

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 9:50 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Hullo! My name is Turwaithiel Swann, but you my call me Tur or TS if ya like. I have been on A-U for a while now and I really like it here and I hope you do to. It is really cool here, and there are a lot of amazing people here! :yes:

If you have any questions or need any help at all, please pm me! Hope to see you around the forum!
:bounce:

-Tur-

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 10:05 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Hey, BAL! (mind if I call you that? ;))

It's great to have you back with us! :bye2: and never worry about rambling or obsession... it seems like everyone here has a way of doing both. ;) So you'll get along just fine! Ooo, Aragorn and Faramir are two of my favorites too! :teehee:

anyway, I'm Calloniel.... although you can just call me PD if you want to. (most everyone does... it's the nickname from my old username ;)) if you want to chat or if you need help getting around or whatever I'm only a PM away... :-D hmmm, and reading about your die-hard fanism just reminded me that I should watch LotR again... it's been a while. :blush:

anyway, see you around! :bye2:

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2008, 11:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hello BAL (Thats a really catchy name *_*) Sorry my posts have less smilies (i have yet mastered that witchcraft).

Welcome back to A&U! I don't remember you so:

*whips out a dusty book titled: "1,000,000 things you would like to know in 10 words or less about Telpeath"*

*coughs*

I am 18, male, lotr lover, and loves to welcome!

*Closes book*

Again welcome, and if you have any daunting questions, fill free to ask me through the wonderful PM System!!!!

---Telpeath Undomiel

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 6:25 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hey guys :D Thank you for the warm welcome :D

Hey Tur! (loving the bit of Potc name in there) thanks for the welcome and hope to talk to you soon :)

PD! hey :D haha of course i dont mind, i like BAL actually - saves time lol as i (being convenient) chose a bit of a mouthful of a screen name ;D
Whoop, nice to know i am amongt my kind of people :P and yay :D enjoy the films , they're amazing

:bye2: hey Telpeath !

haha, ahhh cool, i'thanks for the welcome and i hope to talk to you soon : D

Thanks guys :) Was a nice thing to come onto the forum this morning :D cheered me up (two little wargs that are my sisters decided to wake me up :explode: )

Anyhoo's speak soooon :D

BAL aka Steph :cool: xoxox

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 9:00 am 
Istari
Istari

Well... I'm a little late on the welcoming bandwagon it seems... :blush:

Anyway, welcome (back) to A-U. Since I wasn't here yet when you were here, I'll go ahead and introduce myself to you.

My name is Freya Baggins, though you can call me Freya. :cool: I'm 15 going on 16, totally obsessed with all things LOTR, and a little bit crazy.

So welcome again and I hope you have fun! :)

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 9:09 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hellooo Freya :D

Its all good, haha your not late! nor are you early, you arrived precisely when you meant to" :P

:-D

Thank you for the welcome :D and i'm crazy too so if you ever wanna be crazy with a fellow crazy person i'm the girl! :bye2:

And am having loadsa fun already :P people are sooo nice here on the forumns :)

:D speak soon hopefully,

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 1:35 pm 

Oh, thank ye, mate! :) I like it too. I was Turwaithiel Shadeslayer before that, but it got kinda long, and I liked TS, so I changed it to Swann right after AWE came out. :P

I like your new nickname as well. :yes:

Talk to you l8ter

-Tur-

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 1:38 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Ahhhh by Shadeslayer would you be an Eragon fan by any chance? *giggles* if so, then snap :D

and yaaay i looved potc :D AWE , i gasped out loud (like a complete tool) when Will got stabbed, and Elizabeth's speech ("Gentlemen, hoist the colours" never fails to make me shiver :D)

Hehe thanks :P

Talk sooon

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 1:50 pm 

Aye, I am a fan too, but the movie disappointed me. (Except as Garrett Hedlund as Murtagh and the graphics on Saphira...stunning!!)

I know! I loved Lizzy's speech! :yes:

:hug: Np.

Hey, just a question, would you like me to make you a banner? I am a beginner in graphic art and such, but I would be more than happy to make you one. ;)

-Tur-

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 1:53 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

yeah i was disappointed at the movie, which was a shame cos the book is like..woaah...*waits impatiently for third book*

I'm not lying but when the book said something about Murtagh's fighting style being nearly identical to Eragons, and then he mentioned his mother going off when he was young, i remember thinking 'imagine if they're half brothers' LOL. xD

:D if you did....that would be pretty awesome, :) yes please, That would be lovely :)

:hug:

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 1:58 pm 

Agreed. Do you know when it is supposed to come out???

Awesome. Then, what would you like? LOTR? POTC? Eragon? Something else? And, like, what would you like it to say and such...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 3:08 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Yeah the third book in the triology is called Brisingir if you don;t already know and is due out on September 20th 2008.

There is a gold dragon on the front cover..which you can see if you search Eragon on wikipedia.org. :)

*is excited now* who do you reckon the last rider shall be? i thought Arya maybe....but you never know.!

Oooh a LOTR related one please! one of Aragorn, if you can get him giving Boromir the kiss on the forehead with maybe the quote

Aragorn: I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.
Boromir: I would have would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king.

something to do with that moment anyway would be nice, *'fesses up* anything with those 2 in is nice :P

Thanks for agreeing to help with this, how do u make banners :S?

Seriously anything you can do would be amazing n very well appreciated :)

Hannon le mellon nin : P

BAL x x x

Bormir
Our people. Our people.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 3:20 pm 

Really? I haven't heard any info at all!!! Thank you so much for letting me know! :yes: Hm...starts with a B, not an E...interesting. Um...no idea, actually! I haven't read the books in so long that I can't remember much...I need to re-read them.

Okay, I should be able to do that. I might not get the whole quote in but I will figure something out. :P

I use GIMP because it is free, but many people use Photoshop, which is an awesome program. I can't explain it, really, how to do it. I actually took a computer graphics class to learn how in school this year, so...:P

*rushes off to work on banner*

-Tur-