Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings! I've found my way back....
PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 2:53 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Greets the feets! Feats of greetings! Salutations in the highest degree!

I used to frequent this forum a lot in years past and I stumbled upon it once again recently. It took me a bit to remember my info but it's like a walk down memory lane browsing through these threads! I'm excited to get back on here and get involved in some of the old threads I used to frequent and maybe get back in touch with some old friends.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: Greetings! I've found my way back....
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 9:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Well... the courtesy of these halls seem to be lack as of late.... to quote a famous wizard.

It's sad to see this place so dead....

PostPosted: February 4th, 2015, 3:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

Welcome back! I'm fairly new on here and it is sad to see that this site isn't has busy has what it looks like it used to be. I thought with the Hobbit movies coming out and everything that it would start to pickup again. It might still happen though, I noticed that like you a few of the old members have started visiting again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 4th, 2015, 11:25 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

That's good to see you around the forum! Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yes... for sure! It used to be extremely active around here! A new post might be two pages back next time you check in years past because of all the new posts infront of it!

I would love to be able to get the place up and active again if we could all share the site with friends and family of LOTR and tolkien. Maybe even find LOTR groups on places like google + and facebook and suggest the site to people in a non obtrusive way.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 3:45 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Hey Jax, welcome back! I'm barely on here myself, but I definitely remember you... you used to be my adoptive RP child (my name was Haldir/Haldir o Lórien). Oh the good old days. :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 11:54 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Oh my goodness! I never would have known that you were Haldir O Lorien! It's great to see you mom. ;) I do remember that you were my mother in the family tree now... I was just browsing through there a while back trying to remember all that stuff.

Pandora was your mother correct?

How have things been? It certainly has died down a lot around here. I would love to see things pick back up if some of us oldies get back into the game and maybe pull some others into it... ya never know. ;)

PostPosted: February 9th, 2015, 12:44 am 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Great to see you too my son! :) It's definitely been too long. Pandora was my mother indeed - I haven't heard from her in years, which is a shame! Miluiel was my sister, not sure if you remember her. She "grew out" of LotR though, she mentioned that the last time we spoke several years ago. I still have her on Facebook but we don't talk.

Things have been good with me! Not sure about how it's been around these parts though, it's definitely much quieter - as opposed to the old days when there would be dozens of posts per minute, and waking up to hundreds of new posts overnight. I rarely post because nobody I knew back in the day frequents here anymore so I'm just lingering and inserting random meaningless posts here and there. :P I'd love to see things pick back up here too, but I don't think it's very likely... sadly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 9th, 2015, 11:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Indeed... far too long. I feel bad knowing that so many of us went absent all at once, thus causing such a lull in activity.

I do remember Meluiel now that you mention the name. That's too bad about her growing out of it but I guess it happens sometimes.

Good to know. :) I can see from browsing your Noldor designs that you keep yourself busy.

Yeah... those were the good old days.... I miss that. You have contact with anyone else from the old days? I pretty much lost contact with everyone from the forum. It's too bad, really.

Yeah... it would be hard to pick it back up to it's old self... I just thought if everyone who is active started sharing with all their Lord of the Rings friends about the site. Get a few of them and try to get each person who joins to pull in a few people they know and keep the ripple effect going. Ambitious I guess... *shrugs*

I've actually shared the site several places, but I don't know just a ton of people.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2015, 12:56 am 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

I think we were all just suddenly bombarded with life and forgot about this place. I fear the magic of this place may have died with our younger selves. :(

I have kept somewhat in touch with many oldies via Facebook actually, I don't even remember half of their A-U aliases, but I know they're all from here!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, that does seem to be the common theme. You may be right. I do tend to be suborn so it might take me a while to admit that, though. :P

It would be neat to see who all you have. There were a few other people from here I would love to get back in contact with.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2015, 11:34 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

There is a group on Facebook for this site actually, you'll find a few hundred members from the forum, chat and tagboard there! There is a doc in the group where members who wish to have their identity known have added their own names and aliases. :) Check it out! https://www.facebook.com/groups/arwenundomiel

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 11th, 2015, 12:09 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Sweet! Thanks! (I guess I am signing back into face book... lol )

That's pretty cool.