Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 29th, 2024, 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2007, 10:10 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Good questions Rin. :D

I have another question, how did y'all become Mods? I mean were you just members first or were some of you invited by Arwen to be Mods right from the start?

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2007, 10:39 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

~RinielAranel~ wrote:
Here's a question for the Mods - have you ever changed your name, and why or why not, what was it before? do you think Mods change their names less than normal members? (okay, that's a couple questions)

I personally never changed my name since joining AU. I think it's mainly because everyone always referred to me as MoT, and if I changed my name, that wouldn't really make sense anymore. Also, I think I'm just traditional. Once I select something, I stand by it. :P
And whether mods change names less... I think they might actually, considering we're supposed to be recognizable. But I don't know if I'm the right person to answer that.

Johnny's Fan wrote:
Good questions Rin. :D

I have another question, how did y'all become Mods? I mean were you just members first or were some of you invited by Arwen to be Mods right from the start?

I was a regular member, just like you guys, for about a year before I was invited by Arwen to be a mod. Which I accepted. But believe me, I was surprised. I had not expected it at all. To tell you the truth, I'm still not entirely used to those fancy stars under my name. :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 19th, 2007, 2:30 pm 

Location: West of the Moon, East of the Sun, and Several Miles from Anywhere

Mashiara wrote:
Maetharanel wrote:
36. I also went backpacking in the Cascade mountain range in Washington state.

That place is beautiful, isn't it? I really want to live there someday.
Maetharanel wrote:
48. My favorite Star Wars characters are Han, R2-D2, Thrawn, and Mara Jade. (I don't really like Luke or Leia that much)

Yes, another Thrawn lover! I think he is one of the awesomest characters out there (besides Boba Fett). Have you read the Heir to the Empire books?
I own them :P *hugs e-bay* I've also made it my personal business to read every book that he's in. So far I'm up to seven (eight, if you count Vision of the Future).

And yes, the Cascades were one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life :) I have some of the pictures I took there on my DeviantArt, if you'd like to see - [link]. (only two right now, but there's more coming, don't worry)
[/shamelessadvertising]

My answers to JF and Riniel Anariel's questions are the same as MoT's, but another reason that I've never changed my name is because I like it so much, and I've just never found another one that I like better xD
I almost had a heart attack when Arwen asked me, since the first thing I noticed was who the sender was, not the subject. ("What? I didn't do anything, I swear!" :swoon:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2007, 5:40 pm 

~RinielAranel~ wrote:
Here's a question for the Mods - have you ever changed your name, and why or why not, what was it before? do you think Mods change their names less than normal members? (okay, that's a couple questions)

I think I mentioned at some point in my 100 Facts, is the translation of my middle name. A while back I'd persuaded Miremiel to go ahead and change her name while considering changing mine, but Arwen'd freaked when she saw a "new" mod in the forum whom she thought she hadn't appointed. So I knew better than to out and out change my name. Keeping this in mind, I decided to tack on the translation of my first name, Eruve. Thus for a few weeks I became Eruve Ivreniel. But folks started calling me Eruve, I was used to and loved Ivy, so I sadly removed Eruve. THe only thing left from that era is the occasional nn Evie, which Mire gave me and yes, I do love that name, too.
So I think that answers both your questions.

Last edited by Ivreniel on February 26th, 2007, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2007, 6:04 pm 

To answer the questions; I've never changed my name since joining the forum all so long ago :P For one, only recently did I discover how to change it :teehee:

And the second question, Yeah, I was a regular member and then I got the PM inviting me to be a mod, at first I thought it was a joke, I kept thinking, "Nah, this isn't from Arweb....but then again there is the little 'Administrator' thing beneath her name" So, after convincing myself that it was indeed not a joke, I accepted. :p

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2007, 6:16 pm 

I was so surprised when I got the PM, but I didn't doubt it was true 'cause I knew very well who she was, being friends with some of the mods (looks at Ali and Arsa). The thing I struggled with was making friends with Arweb. I was so much in awe of her!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 8:50 am 

~RinielAranel~ wrote:

Not since I joined the forum, no. (before I joined the forum, I lived on the tag and I didn't have a name. It was a bit stupid but it amused me at the time). I've never felt a need to change my name. I just like it - it's the Elvish translation of my real name. It's now my user name for most things that require a user name, so it's really part of my identity. Last year I think all the birthday cards I got from friends were addressed to Herenya. :P

Johnny's Fan wrote:

I was a member of the forum for almost a year before I became a mod. I was just PMed. I think I had to read it three times before I, um, believed it. :blink:

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2007, 2:13 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hmm, I probably should have introduced myself here huh?

As for becoming a Mod, I bribed people :D (jk)

Na-chaered palan-diriel
O galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 1:46 am 

Here's some more facts about me:

I've had two days of summer vacation so far
I'm teaching 2nd grade next year, this year it was a comb. 2/3rd
I've got to go to an education conference in Georgia laster this month
During the ball so I'll miss it :(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 4:57 am 
Teh Ladybird Fwee Queen
Teh Ladybird Fwee Queen

Ooo, I don't know if we've had this question, but here goes...

Is being a moddie hard? Do y'all find it a difficul job?

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come."

Fwee!

:wary:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 4:25 pm 

You know, Este, it can be a hard job on some days. It all depends on what's going on. Other times you just have to spend a few minutes checking things out before having fun yourself. Ever since we started the rotation schedule that's helped the workload, but easy? Never.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 11:45 pm 

Just noticed that the thread had all but disappeared, and there have got to be more questions. Feel free to ask!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 12:27 am 

The moddies live! Sorry, but I think a few of us members were getting a bit worried about all of you. I know many of you have been busy with real life though, so I can understand. :)

I dunno if this has been asked, but I was wondering how long all of you have been mods? Obviously it's been more than 2 years for all of you, but I'm sure some of you were made mods before others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 5:16 pm 

[blank face]

A very long time ago. Probably not as long as I think but it certainly feels like it.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 9:35 am 

I was wondering how many mods are still around and active? And by active I mean still chilling here once in a while. And do you know what the rest of them are doing now? Does anyone hear from Tindomerel? How about Miremiel? She hasn't been here for years now, but didn't Nienor go to see her last summer? And how about the rest? How about Arwen? Does she ever visit here, even though she doesn't post? I miss her. :angel:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 12:09 am 

I've got news on Arwen, surprisingly. By a happy decision to check the main site for a certain banner made by our dear webmistress I stumbled across TWO[!!] new posts made by Arweb. She's been busy with college, but with the news about The Hobbit I think it's safe to say she's ready to get the site active again. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next