Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which character do you identify the most with?
PostPosted: October 4th, 2006, 10:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Personally, I identify with Boromir. I see my weakness in him. I see my mistakes, my wrong doings... the same as him. And I also can understand his reckless passion, his rash and consuming desire for restoring that which is fallen.

When Boromir dies in the end of FotR, and he's so repentant... it reminds me so much of myself.

Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 12:21 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Eowyn. I tend to be just as strong-willed and stubborn, perhaps even determined and defiant to a fault. I too go by the phrase "where will finds not, a way opens" and do try to find gaps in most situations where I can do what I see as right even though it often goes against the norms. My biggest fear is not able to make a choice and being trapped with what somebody else has chosen for me. I guess that can be very much like a cage since it gives me the feeling of being trapped.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 8:33 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Probably Eowyn, since I'm actually a girl and all that. That's probably what I would do, too. I love swords! So.. yea. I'm also quite stubborn and when I want to do something I want to do it.

I'm also a bit like Pippin... doing rather foolish things at the wrong time. My feelings can get hurt rather easily if someone yells at me, too. :closedeyes:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1090576/ be sure to check out my LOTR stories!
Image I'm not obsessed, honest, not obsessed, not obsessed.... I LOVE LOTR!!!!!!!!! Okay, maybe I am obsessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2006, 8:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

Fencing Maiden, way cool thread. :-D It's nice to get to tell something a little more personal and to have the chance to do something as fun as trying to compare yourself with one of the LotR characters. :happy:
Um probably Faramir, even though I'm not a boy. I understood the whole "not the favorite" thing. My parents don't have favorites in that way (which I'm very, very thankful of). However alot of other people that I know do and I'm never the favorite. I also have a tendency to try to do what I can to make particular people think better of me even if it's not the smartest way to go about it. I have a hard time dealing with and accepting rejection. The way Faramir bit his lip, fought back tears, made his little comment to Denthor (not sure I spelled that right) and then walked off to battle seemed alot like something that I would do. I can be brave and have a natural leadership. However I'm realy bad to get eat up with jealousy and to do very stupid things.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2006, 11:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'd definately have to say Eowyn... There are so many instances in my life where I feel just like her. And I HATE being a girl sometimes. :-) I'm quite a tomboy.
But I'm also a lot like Aragorn - as people tell me I am a leader. I also agree with what Drew's Destiny just said about dealing with rejection... There are a ton of people that I can identify with in different ways, but those 3 mainly.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 2:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Drew's Destiny wrote:
Fencing Maiden, way cool thread. :-D It's nice to get to tell something a little more personal and to have the chance to do something as fun as trying to compare yourself with one of the LotR characters. :happy:

Thank you!

In a way, I can understand Boromir in that way too, because in our extended family (NOT with my parents) I'm usually the more popular/well liked. This isn't always easy, in fact, sometimes I HATE being the one always forced into the lime light, the one that is always expected to set the standard for everyone else, the one whom so much is expected of.

I guess that's why I'm always defending Boromir... *lol*

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 7:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

I think I can associate to Eomer the most as I am pretty faithful to my friends and also very reliable and have some charisma but also I can,like fencing maiden associate with Boromir and the weaknesses he experiences. I like his determination to restore his honour after he messes up and I can see this a bit in myslef as well as the general fearlessness and strength of both of these. Il shut up now
Namarie!

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 9:05 pm 
Vala
Vala

I identify with all the LotR characters in different ways, but if I had to choose just a few (I could never choose just one) I would have to say Frodo, Galadriel or Faramir.

Frodo, I understand having this burden, knowing you have to do what's right but having a hard time finding the way... and just feeling so small and alone.

Galadriel, it's really the sadness of watching what happens to the world... seeing it change, and grow darker... I mean, I'm only a teenager, but even what I've seen in my life time is enough. And also, I identify with all elves, because I have this sadness that is always there. Everyone who knows me notices it.

And Faramir, because I... don't always get along with my dad the best. I struggle, I fight to be good enough, but it's not always enough. And also, I very often feel lost in the shadow of my older siblings.

But I identify with so, so many other characters too. I think that's one of the reasons we love the LotR characters so much, because we find ourselves in them.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 11:15 am 

I Think I indetify good with Eowyn. I mean, I love to fight and ride....and yeah..many more other things ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 1:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Quote:
And Faramir, because I... don't always get along with my dad the best. I struggle, I fight to be good enough, but it's not always enough. And also, I very often feel lost in the shadow of my older siblings.

I feel like that a bit too altariel Frodo about My dad, like nothing is good enough. 8)

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 8:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

i'd say im like faramir and sam. i try to please people even when if it doesnt work. and im kinda loyal like sam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2006, 6:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Cool combo there, both loyal and fearless, devoted to the task at hand and far less corruptible than others of their race. Tinuviel, u joined on my B'day

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2006, 3:47 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

oh really!
Happy Belated Birthday!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2006, 5:06 pm 
Vala
Vala

Another person I identify with is Eowyn... cold and hard, sad but strong.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2006, 6:36 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I think I indentify with Boromir the most. I am a pretty proud and stubborn, but I know when I've met my match. It takes me a while to acctually warm up to people, to where I can tell them things that I try to keep hiddin and actually feel comfortable around them. Also once I warm up to you, I try to be a loyal and helpful friend (sword practice anyone :P). I'm also more than willing to give my life to help those that need me or to protect something I care for or believe in. I'm also a good leader given the chance. I'm repentant as well.

I salute you Fencing Maiden, I guess we are not that different personality wise.