Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you think that movie Frodo is a whimp?
Poll ended at November 29th, 2006, 1:08 pm
Yes (movie Frodo was a whimp) 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
No (movie Frodo was not a whimp) 61%  61%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2006, 4:44 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

:lol: :lol: What? Sorry, laughing at my own joke. I do that a lot.

In some aspects, I do believe that Frodo is a bit of a wimp, because he keeps falling over and complaining and stuff like that. When me and my brother watch the movies, my brother ALWAYS complains about how Frodo falls over at the most crucial moment (i.e. right before he is stabbed by the Witch King, whose face looks like it was caught in a vaccuum cleaner) and all that other stuff I was going to say but completely forgot what it was.

On the other hand, Frodo is really strong for not submitting to the ring until like the very end. I mean, you saw... darn, it happened again. I have a really short term memory. Please wait for a second.....or two............... Oh, now I've got it!!! I mean, you saw how quickly it ensnared Isildur, and he didn't really sucumb to it. I guess the reason people.....think that Frodo is such a wimp is because they don't know what he is really going through (I'm not insulting anyone!). You know, the ring messing with him, and all that other stuff.

So thats my opinion. (Wow, that was long :blink: )

I smell molasses.

this is me::boing::roflmao::psycho::comppunch2::throw:
Thnx to sidhion and Gilraen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2006, 8:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

You're funny. Anyway, I think Frodo was pretty strong in the movies because he did his best to resist the One Ring, but he failed on Mount Doom, for about a minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2006, 5:47 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

whos funny?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that too. He's not a wimp is what I have to say. (yes I know I said that already, I don't have that bad of a short-term memory.)

this is me::boing::roflmao::psycho::comppunch2::throw:
Thnx to sidhion and Gilraen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2006, 6:30 am 
Ent
Ent

I don't think that Frodo was a whimp. He had never been out of Shire and suddenly the Ring had come to him. I think, he was just being a simple Hobbit who never in his life would have thought that he would have to go through so much.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2006, 9:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

frodo does fall about how many times in the LOTR? Let's see... one when he's tackled by pippin, two when he's pushed down a hill with sam and merry and pippin, three at the Inn when he slips and the ring gets on his finger, Four when Aragorn chucks him into the inn room, five when he stumbles away from a ringwraith, six when he's facing the troll, seven when he gets speared by the troll... oh i give up.... and that's just one movie in lord of the rings. Elijah Wood himself seems to almost have at least one fall in each movie... in 'the faculty' he falls a few times...
-BUT back to the main idea.... FRODO does carry the fate and burden of middle earth on a ring around his neck, so it does make sense that he would fall a few times from a heavy burden...
I didn't vote because I belive Frodo is neither a complete whimp or a complete macho hero.

Last edited by Rilgadith on January 11th, 2007, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2006, 12:31 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Yep Frodo's a Whimp. all he does is gasp and trip and walk

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2006, 8:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

^No No no!!! Frodo is not a wimp! If he was a wimp he would not have went on the journey in the first place. Im guessing your not a fan of Frodo :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2006, 3:17 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I don't think Frodo is a whimp. He is helped a lot by the others indeed, but you shouldn't forget that he carries the heaviest burden in the whole world. And who on earth fulfills such a great quest like his on their own? I think the fact that Frodo needs other people's help only makes the story more realistic and also we shouldn't forget that he's a hobbit, so naturally he's not a macho or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2006, 3:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

^ :yes: Also if he didnt have Sam with him he would have probably died and the ring would have been taken from him or something. Thats not saying that hes a wimp though. Sam was always there to help him out and remind him of what was really going on. If Frodo wasnt the one who had the ring I think he would have probably acted different, because he wouldnt be possesed. But he is not a wimp. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2007, 8:26 pm 
Vala
Vala

*elemmire* wrote:
In my opinion, he was a hero. Isildur succumbed to the rings power so quickly, and he was supposed to be this big powerful guy who defeated Sauron. Nobody expected Frodo to do anything, he was just a little hobbit, and he made it when no body else could.

Frodo wasn't some big sword-wielding macho hero. He was a normal guy trying to do the impossible. He was human. Sometimes he felt like he couldn't do it.

"Sometimes he felt like he couldn't do it." That's a very good way to describe it. Let me ask you all this: what would you do? Could you even do half as well? In our life, we face far smaller problems than that, and sometimes I know I feel like I can't do it! Sometimes I feel like the world's crumbling, and I can do nothing but sit alone in the dark and cry. Think how much worse it must be for Frodo!

I will admit, him falling over on Weathertop was kind of dumb. But I always attribute that to PJ, not Frodo. Frodo has always influenced me; sometimes when I have to do something I'm afraid of, I think "would Frodo be afraid?" and then I realize that what I'm facing is actually really tiny after all.

Also, do you think it's just coincidence that a lot of the inspirational lines in LotR are Frodo connected? He goes through so much, and I think many of us identify with him. Basically, if he's a wimp, then we all are major wimps!

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 10:47 am 
Elf
Elf

I liked the book Frodo a lot more, but the movie frodo's not what I'd call a wimp. He's just too pretty looking (sorry fangirls!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 11:00 pm 
Istari
Istari

*attacks elvishjedipirate* :lol: Thats ok you can have your own opinion :P But I loooove the movie Frodo!! And I still dont think hes a wimp :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 4:02 am 
Ent
Ent

*joins HF* :P I know everyone is entitled to his own opinions but I, too love movie Frodo. :-D

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 2:00 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Yea I like the movie Frodo more. :) Elijah Wood's pretty awesome.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 8:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lothiriel wrote:
*joins HF* :P I know everyone is entitled to his own opinions but I, too love movie Frodo. :-D

Thankies Lothiriel!! :hug: :P And yes Elijah Wood is amazing as Frodo!!! :happy: