Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2006, 8:47 pm 
Vala
Vala

Both my parents have been LotR fans since college. :) I think they have mixed views on how madly obsessed I am, but as long as I don't take it too far (which *coughs* I tend to do) they're alright with it. It's all my friends who think I'm weird...

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2006, 9:07 pm 
Ent
Ent

wow....i feel really good right now because most of my family likes LOTR...wow it makes me happy to say that :-D anyways....most of my friends like it to and others think its ok but i don't think anyone hates it....im the most obsessed one of all of my friends and my sister is right there with me but no one really thinks its weird, the're just like....ok whatever its cool

2nd by arwen
[^%&]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2006, 9:23 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

yeah my friends personally don't like LotR, but they are perfectly fine with me being so obsessed over it, which is why i love my friends so much *huggles them*

like, all of them offered to each buy me a Middle-earth book for my birthday (this November) so that i can have the whole series ... one of them already got me the Hobbit for my bday because i lost my own copy last week :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 19th, 2006, 4:51 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

my parents like it.. but I can't get more than that out of them.. my auntie absolutely adores it, and understands perfectly why I am so obsessive over Tolkiens works, and my grandmother as well..

my friends.. welll..They've read the Hobbit, seen the movies and thats it.. there's no hope in convincing them.. they think I;m strange.. but they cant talk ^^ .

I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a Tolkien-liking/loving family =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2006, 7:04 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

nice story, Tinuviel's tears! :D I'm glad to hear you have a friend who likes lotr, I don't. (except here ina a-u..)

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2006, 8:44 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

My dad likes LOTR, but he always says that the books are better than the movies. My mom isn't that interested and she doesn't really like it when I get TOO obssesed. :P I have a friend and we've just watched the movies with her and she likes it. :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1090576/ be sure to check out my LOTR stories!
Image I'm not obsessed, honest, not obsessed, not obsessed.... I LOVE LOTR!!!!!!!!! Okay, maybe I am obsessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2006, 11:42 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

My dad doesn't even know what LotR is!! well, yes he's heard of it like every1 else , but he wouldn't know what's the main character or the plot if I asked him.. :blush: my mom watched the movies with me, and she liked them, but she doesn't really understand my obsession, just laughs at it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2006, 6:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ya'll are all lucky. Both of my parents hate LotR (literally hate) for reasons I don't feel comfortable with revealing. But it does make it very stressful for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2006, 7:07 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

Eärlinde Elensar wrote:
nice story, Tinuviel's tears! :D I'm glad to hear you have a friend who likes lotr, I don't. (except here ina a-u..)

Yes. Sadly, that friend went and got herself a boyfriend and now she doesn't talk to me much any more. And when we do talk, she never wants to talk about LOTR. She only likes the movies you see. She's not really that obsessed. I do have another friend who really likes LOTR though. We talk about it all the time. I made her a Hobbit pin with my button maker. she wore it today for Frodo's birthday. My other few friends like LOTR enough. I only have one that dislikes it completely. But I still do love coming on A-U where there are people who love it like I do.
*huggles A-U*

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 7:17 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I've got one friend who likes it, (Aranel Elensar) and one who hates it, Rebecca. Rebecca is also my best friend, and she likes Harry Potter incredibly much (which I don't like). That makes our friendship a little complicated.. heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 9:46 am 
Vala
Vala

Yeah. Oddly enough, my best friend is also the one who doesn't like LOTR. So it's kind of weird, I mean, it's not even that she didn't give it a chance. She at least saw the movies. She just didn't like them. Which I don't understand. How could you see LOTR and not love it?
I'm trying to cultivate an early love of it in my brothers though. I made my whole family sing him Happy Birthday last night. :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 12:34 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

^nice! My friend has glimpsed at the back covers of the dvd's (I know her family has the movies) and she just is so... paranoid. She thinks it's stupid without even seeing one scene of the movies.. and she says things like this: "Isn't the whole point that they have to break the stupid ring??" which is, in fact, a big lie. The whole point is not that. it's the main thing of the plot, yes, but if one hasn't read the book or seen the movies, (s)he doesn't know anything about LotR. There's so much more into it than what shows.. normal people just can't realise that, they're blind to it, but Ringers can see all of it. And we, Ringers, can also help our friends fight the blindness..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 9:03 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Fencing Maiden wrote:
Ya'll are all lucky. Both of my parents hate LotR (literally hate) for reasons I don't feel comfortable with revealing. But it does make it very stressful for me.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that! I just find it so strange how somebody could hate such a gorgeous and wonderful story. I think parents should be supportive of whatever interests their children have and encourage it even though they may not personally be too happy about it.

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 9:06 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ringers, lighting the way for all the non Ringers of the world. They'd be so lost without us, woudln't they? :P
I think people in general jusy need to have a greater tolerance for difference in taste. Yes, I love LOTR and they don't. That doesn't mean they have to bash it and say bad things about it. I just don't get people sometimes. *shakes head*

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 4:16 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

yeah. Why can't they just be quiet about it if the don't like it?? It's like they're trying to irritate us, who like LotR. ps. I just became a Dunadan, yay!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 5:36 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The World is divided into two - Those who love LotR, and those who don't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next