Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 7:55 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

:blink: He never watched them? Ever? That's terrible! How could you not? Even if you know nothing about it, if you look at the cases, they look so interesting. how could you leave that lying around and never watch it? It more amazes than sickens me. I personally could never resist, but everyone's not me. I guess it's the person's loss really, but it's hard not to feel bad that they're missing out on something so wonderful, and that you can't have good discussions with them about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 8:24 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Tin,
If I had my way I'd bolt my father to a chair and watch them with him!!
Problem...I'm in NY, he's in AZ. Some distance thing... :explode:

Translation of the blade.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 8:28 pm 
Vala
Vala

:lol: Bolting your father to a chair. I believe that's generally frowned uon in most societies. I think you could plead fandom though and get away with that one. :P And it would do your father so much good. That too. The distance thing is hard. Maybe if you ever go visit him......? Traveling's getting difficult though. And it's exepensive. (At least it is if you're poor like me.) So it's understandable. Maybe one day he'll watch it on his own though. You can only hope. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 8:31 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Travel is ridiculously expensive, but I'm gonna start hounding him.
You know, "What the heck did I buy those for you, if you're not gonna watch..."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 8:40 pm 
Vala
Vala

Guilt trip. Not quite as effective as bolting someone to a chair, but effective nevertheless. And much less expensive than the regular kind of trip. :P I hope it works out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 9:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

dude, welcome to my life. and its not only my mom, its my dad too. they dont support LotR at all. They'd rather i pay more attentions to things that really count ie. studies, adn other stuff. and all my cousins liked it when the movies were new. now.. they get annoyed when i bring it up. so... basically i have to sneak in LotR books from teh library, read them in school, and obsess about it online on this site.
i love this place :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2006, 8:49 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Tinuviel wrote:
dude, welcome to my life. and its not only my mom, its my dad too. they dont support LotR at all. They'd rather i pay more attentions to things that really count ie. studies, adn other stuff. and all my cousins liked it when the movies were new. now.. they get annoyed when i bring it up. so... basically i have to sneak in LotR books from teh library, read them in school, and obsess about it online on this site.
i love this place :)

I'm sorry it's so tough for you. I'm long past that stage (as I'll be 42 in a week), but you have the rest of your life to devote to your favorite place in middle earth, and when the time comes, introduce your children to it, and they won't have to suffer the same fate as you.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 1:42 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

hehe! :D:D you have a cool sword!! is that you on the picture with the horse?

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2006, 3:39 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Aww, thanks Dumanyu.
its ok. im dealing with it. i'll live.
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2006, 3:27 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Aww..my case is not as bad, but if I bring up LotR (which I hardly ever do at home), my family just goes like: she's doing it again. and if I watch LotR, my sister goes around the house and shouts: Satu's watching LotR again so annoying, and childish!! my sister's 5 years older than me. And if I like it, so what? :D glad you like this place, cause I love it too! :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 9:13 am 
Elf
Elf

*Sigh, sniff* I don't even dare to ask to watch the movies, because I don't want to look obsessed. I'm also trying to look like I'm not obsessed with anything right now, but my mom knows better. It makes me so sad, because I'm dying to see the movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 11:27 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

elvishjedipirate wrote:
*Sigh, sniff* I don't even dare to ask to watch the movies, because I don't want to look obsessed. I'm also trying to look like I'm not obsessed with anything right now, but my mom knows better. It makes me so sad, because I'm dying to see the movies.

aww. i feel so bad for u. hope u do get to watch it. i had to watch em at my cousins houses long after the movies came out. and then my friend, bless her, she would borrow the extended versions from her library adn we both would sit in school and watch em when we didnt have clases. she also threw a LotR party for me and gave me awesome stuff. (she actually had her mom sew an elvish cloak for the both of us) my mom kinda frowned upon the whole thing. yesterday my friend actually bought the dvds for me but i cant take em cuz of my parents. grrrr
and yea, i try to act like im not obsessed about it any more too. i guess maybe u can stay over a freinds house and try to watch it? its hard since not many people are wililng to sit and watch LotR after so many years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 6:23 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

But if you watch the movies, you don't look obsessed! :) just watch them and don't care about what other ppl think! that's my advice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 2:36 pm 
Elf
Elf

Good advice,Eärlinde Elensar. i agree with you, i watch the movies all the time and put LotR backrounds on the computer i use for school. and by the way, other ppl use it! :) hehehe. i am obsessed with LotR and most of my teachers think it's crazy. but one teacher said she wanted to see the movies again. my mom doesn't really care. i asked her a couple of times if she liked LotR but she said she doesn't really remember most of it anyway. BUT i have a TWIN sister (Firiel of Gondor) and she is obsessed with LotR 2! :bounce: but not as obessed as me. my uncle thinks it's just wierd, my dad likes it, i think he's read the books, but he's prolly not considered a fan. i have a friend who i go over to their house all the time(like a second family thing) and her and her dad are definantely fans. we had a EE weekend party. it was awesome.
Most people don't understand my obsession. i come here becuase it's fun and i love it! so many cool people with that same interests as me! :) i love it. :)

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 7:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

My mom loved all the movies of LotR, it got so ridiculous she got angry with me when I told her she'd had to wait for another year for the sequel two times!
:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 10:19 pm 
Vala
Vala

LOL. That's awesome Eyalan. I think it's great when parents are invilved in LOTR too.
And you definitely shouldn't care if people think you're obsessed. You should be proud! I mean, if you were obsessed with something bad, ok, I could see why that would be a bad thing, but LOTR is a very healthy thing to be obsessed with. Of course, I'm slightly biased, so..................:P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next