Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just things you or me missed while watching the films!
PostPosted: April 11th, 2011, 3:34 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

While reading The Rough Guide To Lord Of The Rings (something my parents brought me), I came a across a section about people cameo's in the films, so I posted them here to see if anyone else noticed them!
Director's Cameos-
Peter appeared a number of times, so the first one I have is in The Fellowship Of The Ring, there are portraits above the fireplace at Bag End of him and his wife?
He is seen in the same film belching outside the Prancing Pony Inn, as a peasant. :confused2:
Then in The Tow Towers he can be glimpsed at Helm's Deep wearing chain mail, throwing either a rock or spear! :goofy:
The his children are in the credits as 'cute Rohan Refugee Children.'

Other Cameos-
The art director Dan Hennah getting put into armour at Helm's Deep in The Two Towers.
Designer Alan Lee also appear here as well collecting Rohan wepons?? It said he was a concept designer, please explain!

It is said here Viggo's son Henry is said to have appeared in some of the battle scenes in Helm's Deep, Tow Towers.

It says here when Shadowfax first appearers Gandalf appears to wearing sport shoes, as the logo etc can be seen? Can they??? :-D

Post subject: Re: Just things you or me missed while watching the films!
PostPosted: April 11th, 2011, 3:41 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

LadyLónannûniel wrote:

Designer Alan Lee also appear here as well collecting Rohan wepons?? It said he was a concept designer, please explain!

He was a concept designer for the movies because he'd done so many drawings of Tolkien's world, him and John Howe are the most famous. He probably just thought it would be fun to be in the movie for a few seconds, that's mainly the reason for all of the crew who were in the movie. There's a bunch of them on the ships that Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas overthrow with the dead army, but they're so heavily made up it's kind of hard to recognize them :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Just things you or me missed while watching the films!
PostPosted: April 11th, 2011, 3:57 pm 
Maia
Maia

yes, in the extended edition of RotK its actually peter jackson that Legolas ends up shooting on the boats when they try to enter Gondor