Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 6:29 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

Maneth Eruvadhril wrote:
she didn't go with the intention of dying..but women werent allowed to fight and she just couldn't stand to lose everyone around her and see everything she hold dear destroyed and just stand there and do nothing...she did it because she COULD...she went with the intention of fighting, I don't think she even cared if she lived ot not, but at least her fighting would make a difference, is one more soldier..how things were going, she thought she was probably going to die anyway, so is better to die fighting...that's just my wiev in it, I was supposed to die lots of times cuz of surgeries and stuff, but I'm still here cuz I fought for it

Exactly what I think, too. I don't belive she was going to die, because, why should she? She had so much to live for! She went because she wanted to help her brother and her uncle, she wanted to do something against all this evil in the world! She also wanted to be remembered, and I do not think she wanted to be remembered as the lady, who rode to war and died there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:01 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I totaly agrea!\
Eowyn is really cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 12:12 pm 

Lady Erana Éowyn wrote:
Exactly what I think, too. I don't belive she was going to die, because, why should she? She had so much to live for! She went because she wanted to help her brother and her uncle, she wanted to do something against all this evil in the world! She also wanted to be remembered, and I do not think she wanted to be remembered as the lady, who rode to war and died there...

For a while she wanted to be remembered as a warrior of Rohan and to be remembered as a queen. But after her close brush with death and her meeting with Faramir she realised that wanting something that was associated so closely to death and so out of reach was not what she wanted. She wanted to be someone who could be remembered for her love of healing and helping people not going out in war and killing people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2006, 10:05 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Yea, its cool that eowyn has a fighting side, i like her better than Arwen at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2006, 9:49 pm 

[font=Arial, sans-serif][/font]
she actually does something to help other people in Middle Earth too, not just hang out in a pretty building her whole life (like Arwen)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2006, 11:13 pm 

Psst everyone... just because we're in an Eowyn appreciation thread it still doesn't give us the right to bash Arwen. She's one of Tolkien's creations too. By bashing her [or any character] we're being disresectful to others and to the Professor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 7:20 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

^ You're completely right! I don't dislike Arwen, I just like Éowyn slightly more! And this is just because her story is very similar to my own... otherwise I might be a huge Arwen fan!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 7:13 pm 

Eowyn is my fav. lotr charatcer ever...i love her personality, and her courage to fight, and she's very pretty too :)

my fav. lotr woman

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2006, 8:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yavanna Kementari wrote:
[font=Arial, sans-serif][/font]
she actually does something to help other people in Middle Earth too, not just hang out in a pretty building her whole life (like Arwen)

*cough* sorry but, thats not all Arwen did. She is a princess anywho. And if the moment arose, whose to say Arwen wouldnt have gone into battle?

What do you think Eowyn did her entire life until the war of the ring broke out. She prolly did sit around a pretty building all day! They are royalty thats what they do.

But In her own way, Arwen faught a battle. Trust me Battling your family can be alot harder then fighting a war!

Arwen and Eowyn are amazing Creations of Tolkien. And are so alike, but yet so opposit. Arwen was Spiritually and mentally strong. But yet, not as physical as Eowyn.
Eowyn on the other hand, Is Physically strong, but not as mentally strong as Arwen. The way they are so differant, but are going through the same thing is amazing. Tolkien was a true genious to even imagine some thing that amazing!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2006, 10:55 am 
Maia
Maia

Back to Eowyn, everyone...

Actually, from what I could tell, Eowyn actually did wish for death in Pellenor fields. She was seriously depressed, and the man that she loved had just gone off into what she was sure was certain death. If she could not be a queen or a warrior, she could at least be remembered as one - she wanted a valiant death and to be thought of as a hero.

After she was spared death, she even shared that she wished she had died to Faramir. And, on top of that, everyone else had already gone to battle in Mordor and she was being left behind. There went her chance for glory! Eowyn was, at this point, angry at fate and angry with herself. But, when she met Faramir, he too was dealing with many losses in his life and the two enjoyed talking together. Alright, I'm just preaching what we all know now. :) Point is, Eowyn was able to realize she didn't have to go to war or have her praises sung in halls to be loved.

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 11:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I havnt seen this threa in a long time, but it was a good discussion so i am going to bump it ;)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 9:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

Eowyn is a really awesome character and one of my favorites! I'm never sure whether I like her or Arwen better...but anyway...yeah, I think it's fascinating how Eowyn tries to push away all her pain and be a strong warrior even though she's a woman. And then she finds healing with Faramir... :) uh, anyway, yeah, Eowyn rocks! I want to be like her.

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!