Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LotR Goofs
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 1:14 pm 

Have you noticed any mistakes made in any of the LotR films? Okay........heres one that I noticed.
In RotK, in the scene where Gandalf is standing on the balcony at Minas Tirith, smoking his pipe, and the camera starts to zoom in on him.......if you look into the the room behind Gandalf you see Pippin lying in bed.........but the next time you see him, a few seconds later when the camera has zoomed in on Gandalf, Pip is in the background, standing up, out of bed, looking at his armour and sword that are lying on the bed where Pippin had been before.
I think it mentions in the Cast Commentary that PJ forgot to fix that.........originally Pippin was going to be in bed for the entire scene.
Did anyone notice any other little 'mistakes'?
(I think its kind of funny.)
:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 1:32 pm 

In Minas Tirith, when Gandalf and Pippin talk to Denethor in the hall, Gandalf turns away to leave and when he turns his the ends of cloak is pure white and then it flashes back to Denethor and then back to Gandalf whom now has dirty ends on his cloak.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 2:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The one I always notice is the amazing disappearing horses. Near the end of RotK, Aragorn and Co. ride out to Mordor, chop off Mouthy's head, Ary gives his inspirational speech, and tada! The horses disappear. Always struck me as odd, especially since Shadowfax disappeared as well and it's unlikely Gandalf would let his horse out of his sight.

Then there are the amazing necklaces. When Arwen gives Aragorn the Evenstar, she must have incredible powers or something because she's able to take it off without unclasping it or breaking it. The same thing happens when Frodo rips off the Ring after looking into the Mirror.

Ah well...still great movies of course :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 2:12 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Well I think one that everyone notices is in TTT when Pippin is under the rearing horse and his bonds are already cut, but then when Aragorn is figuring out what happened they're uncut.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 2:16 pm 

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
The one I always notice is the amazing disappearing horses. Near the end of RotK, Aragorn and Co. ride out to Mordor, chop off Mouthy's head, Ary gives his inspirational speech, and tada! The horses disappear. Always struck me as odd, especially since Shadowfax disappeared as well and it's unlikely Gandalf would let his horse out of his sight.

Then there are the amazing necklaces. When Arwen gives Aragorn the Evenstar, she must have incredible powers or something because she's able to take it off without unclasping it or breaking it. The same thing happens when Frodo rips off the Ring after looking into the Mirror.

Ah well...still great movies of course :)

Wow, I never noticed that about the Evenstar! *giggles* Wow!
Well watching the specials in the ROTK DVD, they say they had to get rid of the horses because they were getting worked up with each other. It's quite funny actually.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 2:52 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*laughs* I never really thought about where the horses had gone, but now that you mention that, it's pretty funny. Maybe it's just me, but if I were in a battle I would rather be on a horse. And the necklaces, yeah I have noticed that. It's funny, because one minute Frodo rips off the necklace the ring is on and the next it's fine and dandy and he's putting it back on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 3:11 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

i had always wondered about the horse thing, too. funny.

one that i've heard about is that in the Fellowship, when Aragorn throws Pippin the apple and it hits him on the head, it still has a label on it. i've tried, but never actually seen if for myself.

one that i actually did notice, was when Eowyn is on the way to Helm's Deep her hair is down, and when she walks inside (Helm's Deep) it's up in a simple hair-do. in a magazine article, PJ said that it was really windy that day, and that might have been the case. i only heard that it was really windy at the location of Edoras...hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 3:50 pm 

It is kinda funny that PJ made mistakes like those.........now that you mention these other mistakes.......I don't think I'll be able to watch LotR without noticing. Tee hee......... :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 8:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

There aren't just disappearing horses, but horses that come out of trees! In FotR when all four hobbits are below the tree on the road, the Ringwraith appears not to be coming from the road but to coming out of the tree. It's quite amusing, actually. :P

Also, in FotR, when Aragorn is looking for the athelas, he's carrying a torch. Then he pulls out his dagger, and the torch isn't in his hand anymore. If he put his torch down, wouldn't it start a forest fire? Or did he magically grow a third hand? :confused2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 9:22 pm 
Istari
Istari

wow...i like hardly notice those things...i did notice something probably everyone notices. In the Fellowship when they get to Bree there is a part where you see Peter Jackson in the rain eating his carrot! It makes me laugh!

<center>Proud Member many Clubs (specially the Nazgul Club) Nazgul #3
Image</center>

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 10:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I noticed the Horse thing too!! lol Both the disappearing, and the one coming out of the tree..

Heres one: where did Aragorn's torch come from in Paths of the dead? it kinda just, appears. lol

Thanks to Arwen for the beautiful Darcy banner & Pandora for the amazing Jasper/Alice one!!
~*~Team Jasper~*~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 3:47 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

LaraelGreenleaf wrote:
It is kinda funny that PJ made mistakes like those.........now that you mention these other mistakes.......I don't think I'll be able to watch LotR without noticing. Tee hee......... :-D

same with me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 6:41 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hm... I know there are glitches, but I don't like to pick up on them- it ruins the entire film for me!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 2:21 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hahaha, Ary is such a cute name for Aragorn :D

I noticed in FotR, where Sam wades out to Frodos boat, he should be soaking wet. He's wet for about 2 shots, then his cloaks goes all fluffly again!

^ Thankyou so much everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 2:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

well, um... it was an ELVEN cloak! there's your answer! *hides*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 2:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

:duh:

Never actually thought of that one! :D:D

Good thinking there Ser

(You were Serethiel, right? I can't actually spell your new name!)

^ Thankyou so much everyone!