Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which is the best?
The Fellowship of the Ring 24%  24%  [ 10 ]
The Two Towers 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
The Return of the King 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
I think of them as one whole!!! 44%  44%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 7:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

The winner for theatrical version for me is ROTK its just got so much action and cool stuff in it!!

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 9:56 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I have to say Return of the King, though I partly think of all 3 as a whole. ROTK just seemed extra powerful and well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 1:45 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I have only the theartrical versions on DVD :'( :'( because the extended ones are REALLY expensive!! :'(

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject: Extended editions
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 3:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

They are worth the extra few quid, they are well mede, not just rehashes of the theatrical versions. 8)

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 4:19 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Eärlinde Elensar wrote:
I have only the theartrical versions on DVD :'( :'( because the extended ones are REALLY expensive!! :'(

the Extended Editions are really dropping in prices though. Maybe you can even rent them at your local video store (my video store has them)?

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 4:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

True, true that is M8 why dont u just rent them and see if theyre worth buying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2006, 10:18 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I have seen them, my friend lent them to me (a while ago, though..) and I can remember something about them, but I don't have them so I can't watch them whenever I want to.. but maybe I can rent them if I have a desperate need to watch them

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2006, 5:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

Rent them then and then see if theyre worth buyin and if you have the means to do so buy them if you can. thats my recommendation lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2006, 6:11 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

They are worth every single penny in my wee humble opinion though. But then again I am HUGE fan of extras (I've seen all total 18 hours of behind the scenes footage several times!). But even though you don't care much for special features, just the large amount of extended scenes and new scenes are worth the money!

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 5:06 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Yeah, I'll have to look for them, but first I have to get some money, I have only 10 euros in my wallet, I just bought a new cellphone ;) My friend lent me the RotK EE!!! I've almost watched the movie now, and then I'll have to start the extra marathon.. lol :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 11:46 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

my favorite would be FotR. you get to see the Shire, Rivendell, Moria and Lothlorien. I love watching the begining where everythings happy adn jolly. its really cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 8:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

Watch all three extended editions one after the other, including extras solidly. That is truly a test of mental endurance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 9:56 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I tend to think of them as one whole film, as Tolkien thought off his books as one. I am hoping for the day when cinemas show them back to back, with no breaks in between.

If I had to choose one though it would be FOTR. Mainly because it is a happier film, and it really shows you what the main characters are fighting for, and as you are watching all the sad scenes in TTT and ROTK, like Frodo and Sam, you think back to Bilbo's party and the happy times, and you really connect with the characters because of this. FOTR also contain some of my favourite scenes, such as the Balrog and the Argonaths and some of the best locations, Hobbiton, Rivendell, Lothlorien.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 2:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Like a senior citizens nite, where we all reminisce about times long gone????

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 5:16 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I don't know what that means, but it sounds nice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 5:33 am 

FotR was my favorite for a long time.. simply because I had seen it so many times. Like Tinuviel says, there is the Shire, Rivendell, Moria, Lothlórien! But now after having recently had a LotR marathon again with the extended editions I might like TTT just as well. I think the lighter and the darker moments are balanced quite well. There are the humorous comments and yet you feel the Shadow from Mordor is growing. And of course Rohan is breathtaking!!

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next