Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which is the best?
The Fellowship of the Ring 24%  24%  [ 10 ]
The Two Towers 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
The Return of the King 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
I think of them as one whole!!! 44%  44%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2006, 3:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

I see all of them as 1 movie...which is why I enjoy watching it that way :P But if I had to choose, I'd say RotK. Of course, then I start arguing with myself, and I decide I cannot choose between them.
:yes:
You have now witnessed a small portion of my schitzophrenia!

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2006, 3:30 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

okay, so generally here's two opinions; thinking them as one whole, and liking one of them best.

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2006, 6:50 pm 
Elf
Elf

i think of them as a whole, but i like the fellowship of the ring the best. i dunno y, but in The Two Towers, there are really cool battle scenes, and rohan, and gandalf turning to a white wizard, but the RotK has an awesome end battle, and cool scenes of Minas Tirith.....ok i don't really want to go on. i think of them as a whole! :)

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 8:16 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I like them all, because they all have their share in adding to the big story.

FOTR: The introduction to everyone and the begining of the journey, and the display of friendships established.

TTT: More focused on Rohan and introducing Gondorians. New friends met, old friends discovered.

ROTK: The climax of everything that happened in the two previous movies. Friends are separated and some die. But there is no shortage of courage and strength in different ways.

So, each of the movies have their qualities for me.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1090576/ be sure to check out my LOTR stories!
Image I'm not obsessed, honest, not obsessed, not obsessed.... I LOVE LOTR!!!!!!!!! Okay, maybe I am obsessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2006, 2:09 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I don't know which I like best, but FotR I like because that's the beginning. Frodo doesn't know anything about the Ring, and they're living a quiet life in Hobbiton. And I loooove the scenes/chapters of Mines of Moria (and the bridge thingy) and Lothlorien and the breaking of the fellowship. the breaking of the fellowship is an emotional climax (personally) for me. It's just SO sad. when Boromir dies, but also because Frodo has to make a hard decision and the Ring already affects him so that he doesn't trust even Aragorn! and Aragorn's like his nr 1 helper, second best friend, best friend if Sam's excluded! And then he leaves, and then the little bit btwn Sam&Frodo. and then ttt has new characters, and it opens many new doors, and the plot gets more complex. but RotK is the climax of the whole thing, so much emotion in it. so that are the main reasons, but if I told you all of them, you'd be reading this post for years ;)

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2006, 3:23 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

FOTR Extended Edition. No Contest.
Truest to the books and was the most Tolkien-feeling of the all three. They got more and more PJified as they went on. Nothing wrong with that, but I didn't LOVE the others like I did and do Fellowship.

<br>
Banners by Elven Archer.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2006, 8:21 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I think of them as one whole - one film, but The Two Towers was my favorite... chapter [if you will] of the film! Even though it differed quite a lot from the book, it's still my favorite. FotR is second and RotK is third!

And I'm talking Extended Editions now. For me there is no alternative way of seeing the films!

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 5:17 pm 
Elf
Elf

Child of Óðinn wrote:
And I'm talking Extended Editions now. For me there is no alternative way of seeing the films!

i know! i've only seen the extended. i can't imagine watching the non-extended. it just wouldn't be the same thing! :)

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 6:54 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Lady of Taniquetil wrote:
Child of Óðinn wrote:

i know! i've only seen the extended. i can't imagine watching the non-extended. it just wouldn't be the same thing! :)

I agree, there's no other way to watch them.

Lady how have you ONLY seen the extendeds?! You didn't see them on the big screen?!?! :blink: :-o :surprise: :swoon:

<br>
Banners by Elven Archer.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 7:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

The return of the king was my fave as it I think was the best made of all three, but thats just my opinion

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2006, 5:01 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Lady of Taniquetil wrote:
Child of Óðinn wrote:

I've seen all the theatrical editions since I saw them all in the theater, but as soon as I could afford it I went and bought the Extended Editions and haven't looked back since ;) When watching the [EE] films now I can't even remember what's extended and what was in the original theatrical cut :teehee:

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2006, 5:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

All three are great Extended, But I thing TTT is the most improved in the extended version. Oh and I cant remember all the differences between thaetricals and the extended editions.
Any opinions? please post or Email!!
Namarie!

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2006, 5:49 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I definitely agree. TTT is my favorite movie regardless of whatever cut we're talking about, but the changes were definitely more justified in the EE and there were so many great scenes put back into the film. Gotta love the Flotsam & Jetsam scene with Merry & Pip finding Saruman's secret storage :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 1:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

I like the scene where Eomer goes to the fords of Isen and his soldier says " mordor will pay for this " and Eomer says "these orcs are not fom Mordor "and tips over a helm. He just sounds super cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 4:56 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

Eomer (or Karl Urban) always sounds super cool :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2006, 5:04 pm 
Vala
Vala

I like to think of the movies as a whole, but if I had to choose, it would be Return of the King. Of course, I ADORE all the movies though.

Fellowship was amazing, I loved it when the whole Fellowship was together. And of course, there were the most elves in Fellowship, which makes anything better IMHO.

Two Towers, I love everything with Rohan, and Eowyn and Theoden. Two Towers is, however, my least favorite, because I think that followed the book least (I miss the real Faramir!).

Return of the King... well, LotR as a whole is a beautiful story of love, hope, courage, friendship, and sacrifice that inspires and brings out the best in me, which is why I like it. And for me, RotK was the most like that.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next