Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2006, 5:37 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

I am completely jealous. Meldawen, if you weren't my friend, I might have to slaughter you and steal you LOTR DVDs. (Just kidding!!!)

I think I'm just going to do it. I'm going to go see if I can order them right now.

Here I go! Hopefully when i come back I will have ordered them!

~T.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2006, 2:10 pm 
Vala
Vala

I saw a commercial for these a few days ago, and got really sentimental because it was the first LotR-related commercial I'd seen in years. :)

I hope to buy them... I never bought the original extended editions, I didn't have the money... but I really think I'll try to get these new ones.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2006, 3:36 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I was soo looking forward to getting these.. but I've been reading reviews, and they have all been, simply put -bad- . Every review I've read doesn't have a good outlook. Now my parents aren't willing to help out with the money issue and I'm actually doubting getting it now. The reason I would be buying it of course is because of the bonus footage and the hope of owning some of the bloopers that I saw in Sydney '05 because they are worth anything and everything.. but ther reviews aren't helping..

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2006, 5:53 pm 
Vala
Vala

Oh, that's very sad... from what I've heard, I am actually a little doubtful now too...

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2006, 11:39 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well, too late for me - I already bought them! I can give you guys a more glowing review once I get them, if you like :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2006, 11:05 pm 
Vala
Vala

I'd like to hear from someone what they're like, if you don't mind Meldawen. :)

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2006, 3:50 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

hmm.. yes.. I would like to hear more about them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2006, 10:52 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

This is great! Unfortunatly I don't think that my family will ever buy these for me :( I have a lot of thuff already :lol: I have both the original and extended cuts of all three films....I have to get a job, next year :blink: I'm 15 I can't have one yet.

Either that or I can formulate a good plan to get them that doen't involve killing Meldawen. :P What are the dvd's like Meldawen? I would like to know too. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 6:10 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

The release date for the UK was for November, but for some reason the release date has been pushed back until May 2007!! So if anyone has pre-ordered them you are going to be waiting a long time.

I have read that the features have generally been gievn 3/5 which isn't bad really considering a good bulk of the features we have seen on the EE's. I think any LOTR documentary will be good enough to buy, as you can never have enough behind the scenes LOTr footage. :-)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 5:55 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

That pushed-back release date is pretty rough for UK fans! :(
I couldn't find out whether there was going to be a local (NZ) release, so actually bought the Limited Edition set through Amazon.

The discs are worth getting only for the documentaries. If you don't have the movies on disc already you'd be far better off getting the Extended Editions with all their amazing extra features (and better sound).
But for any LOTR completist - you really need these documentaries. Some of the material will be familiar because Costa Botes's 800 hours or so of footage had been plundered for use in various 'making ofs' and bonus features of the other discs. But a lot of it is new, and it's wonderful. The docos are not narrated and loosely follow the chronology of the story. It's like being back among family and loved ones again!

As Johnny's Fan says "you can never have enough behind the scenes LOTr footage" ... too true, too true ... :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 8:43 pm 
Vala
Vala

^Oh good, someone who actually has them and has watched them!

I really want them. Badly. I'm begging my parents for Christmas, though I'm sure they're far too expensive. :( Ah well. I someday want the normal extended too, right now I only have all three non-extended movies. *sighs* When I grow older and have a job, LotR merchandise sellers, look out... :P

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 9:40 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Nulómiel wrote:
That pushed-back release date is pretty rough for UK fans! :(
I couldn't find out whether there was going to be a local (NZ) release, so actually bought the Limited Edition set through Amazon.

The discs are worth getting only for the documentaries. If you don't have the movies on disc already you'd be far better off getting the Extended Editions with all their amazing extra features (and better sound).
But for any LOTR completist - you really need these documentaries. Some of the material will be familiar because Costa Botes's 800 hours or so of footage had been plundered for use in various 'making ofs' and bonus features of the other discs. But a lot of it is new, and it's wonderful. The docos are not narrated and loosely follow the chronology of the story. It's like being back among family and loved ones again!

As Johnny's Fan says "you can never have enough behind the scenes LOTr footage" ... too true, too true ... :P

Yes, I'm really annoyed about it. I don't know if it just us or the rest of the world, but if it's just the Uk why pick on us?

I agree with your comments about being back among family. It will be like seeing old friends again. :-) That's why I was a bit disappointed when the documentaries on ROTK ended without any farewells from the cast. It would have been nice after all the hours we had spent watching them, for them to leave a little message for us fans.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW