Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Annie Lennox, Annoying or Inspiring?
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 12:40 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

"Into the West", by Annie Lennox is a great song. However, I do not like Annie's Vocals in the song. The lyrics are good, but every time I watch the credits of LOTR-ROTK, I have to turn down the volume. How do you feel about her?

~~Lady Aramel 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 9:36 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I'll tell you, the first time I heard "Into the West", I thought the same thing exactly. But after listening to the song a few times, I noticed that her vocals really matched the song and went well with the music. As I heard it more and more, it really grew on me, and now I think it's a very nice song that I enjoy (even though I don't think the vocals are absolutely beautiful).

^made by yours truly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 10:03 pm 

Lady Aramel; Ironically I felt the same way with "Gollum's Song" at the end of TTT --- and I go to plays, musicals, and several of my friends have voice lessons, so, I'd have to say I have a bit of musical ear. Though Gollum's Song was VERY sad by the lyrics alone, the vocalist wasn't exactly my favorite cup of tea. But to his or her own.

I thought Annie Lennox has a beautiful voice and I love Into the West which is probably why it won an Oscar. Unfortunately that night, Annie Lennox had a slight cold and her voice was a bit off, but she would've done beautifully!

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 10:46 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I never really liked it and I thought her voice didn't suit it. But after listening to it I found I liked the song and her voice. I think it's a very nice song. Although I disagree with what Howard Shore said about it being how he would imagine Galadriel to sound if she sang!

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 6:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

Personally, I like her voice, and the song! I also think she has a Galadriel-ish voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 7:27 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I agree with most of you in saying that the song has grown on me too. I couldnt stand it to begin with....i didnt really like much of the soundtrack either, if im honest. Now the whole lot has grown on me big time and i cant stop listening to the soundtrack :-D

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 5:23 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

The first time I heard the song I must admit that I was disappointed, my first reaction was "this is no 'may it be'". but the more i listened to it, the more i fell in love with it and annie's voice and now i think it's the best out of all the end credit songs!!! annie's voice is very haunting and is therefore perfect for the song.

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 10:26 pm 

I really like Annie Lennox, she has a beautiful voice! The first time I heard the song I thought her voice was a tad bit 'rough' in a way, but after hearing it over and over again I don't really notice it. Usually I just pay attention to the words. Ya, anyway, Annie's got a great voice! As some of you said the song has kind of grown on me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 10:38 pm 

i think annie lennox lent a lot of passion and feeling into the song, even if her voice is a bit different from what people like...and like everybody has said, i didn't care for it at first, but now i love the song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 11:11 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Initially I wondered why on earth they had her sing it because the style of her voice is so unlike the rest of the songs (except maybe "Gollum's Song"). But it has grown on me. I would still like to hear someone else sing it, just to compare.

My blog
My graphics journal

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 6:02 pm 

indeed, into the west i a song that has to grow on you.I think it fits in with the movie and her voice is :) . only annoying because of the volume..

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 6:06 pm 

I think... Into the West and Annie Lennox is the perfect match. The music, the lyrics, her voice, I think it all fits as one piece. One beautiful piece of music... From the first time I heard it I completely fell in love with it. That, of course, is just me...

Quote:
Unfortunately that night, Annie Lennox had a slight cold and her voice was a bit off, but she would've done beautifully!

Thanks for the info! :) Did wonder about that... And I so agree, she'd've done it great.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2005, 10:05 pm 

I think it fit perfectly. Her voice is a bit like Bjork's...Somelike it, some do not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 9:57 pm 
Maia
Maia

I personally loved Annoie Lennox's voice! The first time I heard Into the west, I really loved it! Her voice is just so exotic, so...inspirational. It was beautiful and it took me away. There was a lot of feeling an emotion that was put into the song, and she made it powerful and sad....I LOVE ANNIE!! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 11:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

I was a little surprised with how her voice sounded the first time I heard the song but in the end I grew to like it.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 12:47 am 

I don't care for her "Into the West," but I don't hate it either. Personally I don't think it quite works with the feel of the other songs in the movie...I would've prefered repeating Enya, to tie in the 1st and 3rd movies.

Profile       WWW