Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silmarillion game?
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 5:01 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I love the Silmarillion and I love Lotro game. Do you think there should be a choice to play in the first/second age? I would do it in a heart beat. If it was done any ideas on what could be in it.

Post subject: Re: Silmarillion game?
PostPosted: April 30th, 2011, 2:52 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Well mostly you need a movie of a book first and then there is a game made. It goes mostly in this way. I think you can expect some games about The Hobbit though. :) Something to look forward to. :)

With love, by Lembas.

'The rewards of flirting are more greater than the risks, be sexy and provocative.'

PostPosted: May 30th, 2011, 11:35 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Timelord wrote:
I love the Silmarillion and I love Lotro game. Do you think there should be a choice to play in the first/second age? I would do it in a heart beat. If it was done any ideas on what could be in it.

If there ever was any chance for there to be a game, it would probably have to be made into a movie first, so they can create a crappy video game based on the movie. It's very unusual for them to create a game based on a book instead of a movie. It just dosen't work that way in modern society... :annoyed:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 6:17 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

It would be quite epic. It would have to be an RPG that takes you through different stories over the years. They could call it ' Days of the Eldar' or something. Either that or just take one of the books/chapters and make it into a game. Children of Hurin for example. Perhaps an 'Istari' game where they land on middle earth and take it from there until the end of LOTRs. You could get a lot of cool ideas though. THE PROBLEM IS: Getting the rights to use tolkiens stuff. Would the Tolkien estate let a game company come and try and make that into one solid form? If it was a disappointment it would be a large scale one.

OR:

It would be an 'in control of armies' type strategy game of some kind. War in the north is a good ideas to work off of, they have taken the idea of something you know happened but wasn't exactly explained in full - granted none of it is actually cannon- but thats a cool part of it. Thats why I think the Istari idea is a good one. Okay it doesn't show much before that but you could have it 'briefly' tell of Melkor and his fall and the rise of Sauron and the years leading up to everything. Chapters in the game would be set to take control of the different Istari throughout that time period. When Saruman was learning all about middle earth and wandering, Radagast befriending creatures and help defending their lands etc. Or take control of him while the war for the ring was going on in the south etc. You could take control of Gandalf and see Aragorn growing up etc. And when Aragorn faught in Rohan when he was younger etc. Sending Dunedain on missions/aiding them etc. How he met butterbur, and other characters, bombadil, etc. I really like the concept!

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 8:09 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I would love it to be just like the current online RPG. My biggest thing would be wanting to walk around in Berleriand.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2024, 6:11 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Something to look forward to.
basketball stars