Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How were you introduced to and/or become obsessed with L
PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 2:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

My mom bought the movies when I was... about 10 or 11, and I didn't want to watch them, I thought it was just about orcs and big scary spiders. lol! (really, that's what I saw whenever I walked in and my bro and sis were watching it.) :P
So after a few years, one of my friends saw the movies and was almost obsessed with it... and I was at her house one day, and she was taking quizzes on this site :P, and I took a few... not having a clue what anything meant, but it was still fun. hehe :P
When I got back home, I grabbed the book and started reading it, and finished in a couple weeks. (yeah, it's a long time to read a 1000 or so page book... but come on, it was the first long book I'd ever read! :P) And I found out it was about way more than orcs and spiders. :P Of course then I watched the movies. And read the silmarillion(partly, it's harder to read than lotr!!), the hobbit, and unfinished tales(mostly). I'm not obsessed with it, although for some strange reason, my friends keep insisting that I am... it's just because they don't like it very much. :P

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 4:59 am 

I was so sure I had posted here.. hmm.. well, I saw FotR when it came out and was hooked. Then I read the book, then I read TTT before the movie came out and RotK too. And by that time I had been roleplaying on this site for a while, learned all the Elvish lines by heart and had joined the forum. :P

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 3:29 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Well - this is the second LOTR obsession actually, my first was when I was 7 and and my mum read the hobbit to me and my siblings, i got quite into it and decided I was a hobbit. then it was christmas and I guess I forgot about LOTR for eight years. I discovered the movies this April, as a result of giving up star wars for lent (I had been obsessed with that for 2yrs and decided to see if i could go 6 weeks without...). in lent i finally got round to watching the movies and thought "wow!!" then I read the books again... almost like nothing's changed, except for being 8 yrs older and i now think I'm an elf instead of thinking I'm a hobbit!

PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 11:35 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I very much grew up with LotR. My dad used to read it to my brother and I by candlelight, which I loved, and when I was old enough I read the books for myself. Tolkien has always been an important literary figure in my family!

We will meet again
When the seas and mountains fall
And we come to end of days...

PostPosted: August 5th, 2012, 6:15 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

My older sister read it first, and told me about it. The rest is pretty simple: I read it, I love it, I see the movies, I find the fansites, I get the merchandise....... *sings* The list goes ever on and on.... :)

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 1:22 am 
Elf
Elf

Well when I was seven (2007) my mum read the LOTR trilogy to me and my sister. Halfway the TT my sister said it was very stpid and went off. Well ever since my mum read about Arwen's and Aragorn's tale and told me about it I was sold out. And here we are five years I've been loving and admiring LoTR and Tolkien who did an amazing work.