Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You know you love Tolkien when...
PostPosted: January 14th, 2010, 3:09 pm 
Maia
Maia

<center> You know you love Tolkien when… </center>

Okay, so here’s my list! <3 There’ll probably be many more lists to come, since I have many, many more points and couldn’t possibly list them all here :lol: All of these are true!
Post your “you know you love Tolkien whens”! :-D
~goldyxxx

1. You’re grown your hair till it’s as long as Eowyn’s – longer, in fact!

2. You have a whole section of your room devoted to Tolkien books

3. Your walls are covered with LOTR posters, print-outs, quotes, etc

4. You have LOTR action figures (and freaked out with excitement when your sister gave you an Eowyn action figure from Amazon for Christmas)

5. You also own a medieval-esque gown and a crown that looks almost just like Eowyn’s coronation circlet

6. Your brother says you should post a thread on AU about which Tolkien character would win in a fight – and you proceed to outline in extreme detail all the reasons why Arwen wouldn’t win, pointing out things from the books.

7. Someone says something to you, and you start smiling like an idiot because they’ve just reminded you of a LOTR quote.

8. You’ve drawn pictures of LOTR characters for your mum for Mother’s Day and they now sit neatly put in glass clipboard things on the bookshelves in the living room.

9. You also drew one of Luthien straight from your imagination and put it in a folder. Afterwards you started to wonder what Melian would look like.

10. You cry reading the books.

11. You cry watching the films.

12. You can quote from both off by heart.

13. You react with disbelief when someone pronounces Eowyn’s name wrong.

14. You want to get T-shirts printed with stuff like “I heart Gandalf”.

15. You search for good Eowyn websites, and are bitterly disappointed when you only find one or two.

16. You search for Alan Lee illustrations online.

17. You own a Tolkien calendar.

18. You desperately want to go to a Tolkien convention.

19. You are seriously considering joining a local medieval re-enactment society.

20. When you go on holiday to the countryside, you envisage Middle Earth.

21. You go for a walk in your local woods and imagine you’re in Lorien.

22. Everyone in your house frequently says “my precious” and imitates Gollum – they must have picked it up from you.

23. You want to move to New Zealand and build a house exactly like Bag End – even though you’ve never been on a plane and you’re scared of flying.

24. Your brother went to Norway and you’re jealous because it looks a lot like New Zealand.

25. You try to replicate hairstyles from LOTR.

26. You invent your own OC/canon pairing and become devotedly obsessed by them.

27. You actually have dreams involving Tolkien characters. These dreams are often weird and slightly mad, but you’re glad you have them all the same.

28. You invent LOTR RPs and plot for them in excessive detail.

29. Your make LOTR graphics (mostly of Eowyn).

30. As well as crying reading the books and watching the films, you also grin like an idiot, laugh, cheer, go wide-eyed with awe and respect, go all solemn and pensive, feel the temptation to stand up and do a Mexican wave – and a huge number of all different kinds of emotions that is too long to list. This is one of the biggest reasons why you love Tolkien so much; it brings out in you the ability to feel so much emotion.

31. You’re so glad you get to talk to people who feel just the same way about Tolkien that you do, and who don’t think you’re the most insane geek ever.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2010, 10:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

lol. I love this thread already. :P

You know you are obsessed with Tolkien when:
1. You start your own LOTR fanfiction complete with an OC/cannon pairing.
2. You build various LOTR locations in The Sims 2.
3. When you create LOTR and fanfic characters in the Sims and pay try to play out your story.
4. You try and make LOTR characters or a LOTR style character in every game you play.
5. You play MMORPG games and are able to point out all the LOTR references in character names or events.
6. You have played every LOTR game (excluding the MMORPG games for the computer).
7. You have bought LOTR action figures.
8. You have various LOTR posters in your room.
9. You own both theatrical and the extended versions of all of the movies.
10. You cry during the movies.
11. You cry reading the books.
12. You can watch all the movies on a long trip... in your head.
13. You can do #8 and you can hear all the actor’s voices vs. your own and the soundtrack.
14. You go to New Zealand and are able to recognize a LOTR shooting location as you drive by.
15. You are the only person on the New Zealand trip who asked if they could stop so you could go into the Hobbit Hole set piece left behind. (They didn't stop. :()
16. Have LOTR style dreams: Either with locations or characters... or both.
17. Your mother constantly compares you to an elf, particularly Arwen.
18. All you have to say is "I am addicted to this series" and everyone you know already knows what you are talking about.
19. Are determined to find a way to Middle-Earth, there has to be a portal right?
20. You own LOTR weapons.
21. You own LOTR trading cards.
22. You are determined to be as great and archer as Legolas. (I will get there!!! Someday!)
23. You create LOTR music videos and put them online.
24. When you go on vacation to Tom's place/Bishop/Mammoth Mountain, you go exploring and envision yourself wandering around Lórien.
25. You are upset if some pronounces character names wrong.
26. You have done detailed analysis for all the characters.
27. You are upset and have to defend characters that most people say evil; perfect example is Boromir.
28. You have searched the net for the best character shrines/sites.
29. You try to have a LOTR calendar each year.
30. You go to the local Renaissance Fair each year and wonder if anyone has ever dressed up as a LOTR character.
31. You desperately want to work at the local Renaissance Fair.
32. You know exactly where to go for all things relating to LOTR near your house. (Action figures, Movie still, movie posters, trading cards, etc.)
33. You have created your own LOTR wallpapers for your computer.

That’s all that comes to mind right now. :lol: I really should take some in game shots of my Imladris in the Sims 2 for you guys... it took three days to build. XD

Post subject: Re: You know you love Tolkien when...
PostPosted: August 26th, 2011, 6:03 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

1. You have Gandalf quotes from the movies as your ringtones
2. You ask your dad to make frames for maps of Arda so you can hang them in your room (been about 2 years, got 1 frame and none on the wall yet -_-)
3. It is not 6 A.M. and you have been on these forums for a couple hours (haven't slept tonight)
4. You have made it a personal goal to make "Escape from goblins to be caught by wolves" an everyday phrase in your life
5. Your only goal in life is to have the most uber collection of Tolkien paraphernalia (Rings of power [both from the movie and based on the books], replica swords, brooches, a $400-$500 dollar chess set with figures carved in the likeness and approved by the movie actors [they look amazing], etc.)
6. Your profile picture on facebook is a picture of Tolkien with his pipe.
7. You post quotes from Tolkien as your facebook statuses.

"What? In riddles? No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to." -Gandalf

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 12:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

1. You’re grown your hair till it’s as long as Arwen’s.

2. You have a whole section of your room devoted to Tolkien books

3. Your walls are covered with LOTR posters, print-outs, quotes, etc

6. Your brother says you should post a thread on AU about which Tolkien character would win in a fight – and you proceed to outline in extreme detail all the reasons why Éomer wouldn’t win, pointing out things from the books.

7. Someone says something to you, and you start smiling like an idiot because they’ve just reminded you of a LOTR quote.

8. You’ve drawn pictures of LOTR characters for your mum for Mother’s Day and they now sit neatly put in glass clipboard things on the bookshelves in the living room.

9. You also drew one of Luthien straight from your imagination and put it in a folder. Afterwards you started to wonder what Melian would look like.

10. You cry reading the books.

11. You cry watching the films.

12. You can quote from both off by heart.

13. You react with disbelief when someone pronounces Aragorn’s name wrong.

14. You want to get T-shirts printed with stuff like “I heart Gandalf”.

20. When you go on holiday to the countryside, you envisage Middle Earth.

21. You go for a walk in your local woods and imagine you’re in Lórien.

23. You want to move to New Zealand and build a house exactly like Bag End.
27. You actually have dreams involving Tolkien characters. These dreams are often weird and slightly mad, but you’re glad you have them all the same.

28. You invent LOTR RPs and plot for them in excessive detail.

30. As well as crying reading the books and watching the films, you also grin like an idiot, laugh, cheer, go wide-eyed with awe and respect, go all solemn and pensive, feel the temptation to stand up and do a Mexican wave – and a huge number of all different kinds of emotions that is too long to list. This is one of the biggest reasons why you love Tolkien so much; it brings out in you the ability to feel so much emotion.

31. You’re so glad you get to talk to people who feel just the same way about Tolkien that you do, and who don’t think you’re the most insane geek ever.

I changed some of those.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 6:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

1. You get told "You embody so much of Middle Earth I'm suprised you don't explode."
2. You volunteer with the D*Con Tolkien Track, not because of the people associated with it, but because it helps build a love of Tolkien with others.
3.You will own a hobbit hole someday.
4. You will own multiple hobbit holes someday.
5. You shun people who ask who Tolkien is.
6. You throw a gigantic party on September 22.
7. You go to the grocery store dressed as a Hobbit the rest of that week...
8. People look at you weirdly if you aren't wearing something referencing Tolkien.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM