Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOTR Home Decorating
PostPosted: August 20th, 2017, 9:23 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

So, I posted back a long, long time ago about wanting to decorate my living space in the theme of LOTR. I love all of the characters and the descriptions that Tolkien developed because they were so rich in imagination.

I would want to do my own room in an Elven theme, of sorts. I think lots of wood, lots of green and gold, and lots of gauzy, flowing fabrics..........as Lothlorien as possible. Strictly aside, here, the first time that I read the description of that realm took my breath away - I couldn't render what I visualized in my head onto canvas or on paper, and it's something that has always, always touched my heart.

I would want the common room or family room to be Bag End-ish - lots of books and ink wells, etc.

THEN......if I did have several rooms (which I likely won't), I would do one room with the idea of Moria, but without the gloom and doom. Moria was, before Durin's Bane was disturbed, a place of glittering opulence, underground. So.......that would be a real challenge.

Kitchen - dunno.

I'd love to read some members' own descriptions and thoughts on this subject. If you can't create your own home in a Tolkien style, what would you choose to do if there were no limits? Colors and themes?

Post subject: Re: LOTR Home Decorating
PostPosted: August 21st, 2017, 1:37 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Oh boy... the possibilities! LOL

This is probably not quite the style you are thinking towards but I always thought it would be amazing to have tiles on your floor that made up the map of middle earth!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: August 21st, 2017, 9:52 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Jax Nova.......what a GREAT idea!!!!!!!! I do mosaic installations along with other stuff, and that would be an EXCELLENT thing to do in a kitchen! WOW.........good idea!!!!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 11:04 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

If you do that I definitely NEED to see pictures!! :D

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 13th, 2023, 3:46 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Moving can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, and it can get even more complicated if you need to store your belongings for a period of time before moving into your new home. Fortunately, many moving companies offer storage options to help make the process easier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWf1oZOiFEI

PostPosted: July 24th, 2023, 11:48 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

that's interesting! I was looking for some cool ideas for interior design

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2024, 2:12 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Bringing Middle-earth into your home decor requires a blend of creativity and reverence for the informed pregnancy project Tolkien's world. From elven-inspired aesthetics to cozy Hobbit vibes, tailor your space to reflect the essence of LOTR. Immerse yourself in the lore, allowing your home to become a haven for fellow fans and a testament to your love for the epic saga.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2024, 11:49 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

before starting decorating the house I want to clean it first. Here is useful article with Arizona's windows cleaning service at https://ipsnews.net/business/2024/02/23/arizonas-finest-window-cleaners-shine-bright-with-prestigious-recognition/. They are known for their exceptional customer service and professionalism whether working with residential clients or commercial property. I often use their services too, I think nothing could be better clean house and windows.