Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kith Darkeyes
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 11:03 pm 
Vala
Vala

This is the first bio I've posted here! Enjoy.
~Just a note: I tend to tweak my characters a little bit every time I RP to adjust to the scenario. This character I'm posting here is the one I originally thought up. So, just as a warning, if you see another Kith played by me, it may not be exactly the same as the one here. (Though I am pretty sure the only RP that is running that Has my character in it is The flight of the Chosen one, and this is his character.....

Name: Kith

Race: Half shapeshifter.

Appearance: Dark completion, dark brown eyes, dark, dark brown hair. Very tall and muscular.

Weapons: Daggers, but he'll use anything he can get his hands on.

Other: Grew in the desert. If ever there was an award for moodiness and an bleak out look on life, he would win

(This is a bit long, but you can make it through! I know you can!)
My name is Kith Darkeyes. My life began pleasantly enough, but took a change for the worse, so turn away if you cannot handle misfortune. As a young little eight year old, I was sold into slavery by my own father, who was horrified and disgusted by the fact I showed the shifting skills of my mother. I remember the clack of chains as they closed around my ankles, and the rusty smell of the metal collar. I wanted to cry out to some one and have them rescue me, but there was no one. My father had betrayed me, and my mother was not to be seen. The slavers laughed, jeering at my scrawniness, saying I would not make and they better just kill me now. Oh, how I puffed out my chest at that. But soon that changed. There was a long grueling journey we had to live through. I once had loved the sun and all her warmth, but with my protective clothing torn off and sold for money, my friend became harsh and cruel. She bit at my back and head, heated the sand beneath me to unbearable temperatures. Along the way I remember seeing bleached white bones of other humans who had not been so fortunate as I. We had to keep up. Horrible things happened to those who couldn't They couldn't just fall down, not with those collars around their necks that kept them connected on the long chain, the same one the tied us together. No, if the couldn't keep up, that collar was emptied, the easiest way being decapitation.
I do not know how long that trek took. Days melded together until my whole body cried for relief that could not be given. The man in back of me egged me on. "You're a strong boy, you'll do fine" He would mutter. I turned around and saw his face.His skin was lighter than any I had seen, and a fey smile shone through cracked and bleeding lips. Most surprising, however, were his eyes. They were the clearest shade of blue I had ever seen. A guard shouted at me, so I quickly turned away. I heard the man behind me chuckle slightly and curse, but whenever I stumbled he was there to offer support.

We reached our destination, but our group was severely cut down. I don't remember much more, except the hard work and hot, cruel sun. I made one friend, only to have him ripped away from me by death. Years passed as a slave, laboring and toiling for things of which we were not told. 15 years passed like this, until I was 23. A new group was to work with us, so our job would be completed sooner. "Very well" I thought. "More vultures." I was not fond of people. I did not speak to them, or them to me. There was too much to think about. But the day came when we were introduced to our new crew, and one man stuck out. His skin was light, a fey smile on his face, and the clearest blue eyes I had ever seen. He stared at me, remembering who I was. "My name is Brengh." He said. "And mine Kith." My underused voice cracked, and I cleared my voice.

Our job went quickly, and we had accomplished a lot by sun down. I was on my blanket, trying to sleep when Brengh sat down beside me. "Kith, my kin, how do you fare?" Kin? Were we kin? "I am not related to you." I murmured. "No," he replied, "But we are both of shapeshifter blood" "What?" I half shouted. "Shapeshifter?" My voice was quiet again. Repressed memories flickered in my mind I felt something new, an alien part of myself. I explored it, touched it, smelled it. Lights flickered, bones creaked. My shape had changed. I was a black panther, tall and strong. Again, I sought that part of me, found another entrance, and I was a bat, and the darkest dark did not scare me. My father.......my father saw me, yelled he- I snapped out of it. "Am I?" I wondered. I never knew much about that part of me. "Yes, you are." He replied. "I can see it in you." His tine of voice changed as he added. "You need a true shifter name, something that means something. My real name is Swiftlegs. I was the fastest of my kind, at least until I was captured, and my shifting ability magically repressed, as is yours. No, your eyes, they are the deepest shade I have ever seen. You name shall be Darkeyes. Darkeyes, I have a plan for escape."

All went to plan. The next week we hurried through the night. Day came, but we ran on. "As soon as we get far enough away the spell will wear off, and we will be able to shift and fly as fast as the animals. This was his favorite remark, the one that would keep us going when we thought we couldn't go any further. The final day, I saw a village on the horizon. Our hopes were raised, until we saw we were being pursued. We were close to the village, but it was clear it would be a very narrow escape. by sundown we were a mere hour away, but so were our pursuers. A mile before the villiage, they caught up with us. They cursed us and tried to bind our hands and feet, but we would not alow them even to touch us. As weary from travel as we were, we knew captivity was worse. But our tiredness had taken its toll. I stumbled, and immediatly I was on my stomach, and men on my back. I heard Brengh growld and hurdle himself towards me. I heard the shrill sound of metal pulled from a sheath, and a sickening impact. Brengh fell to the ground beside my head, a sword run through his throat. I howled. A rage built up in me. All sounds were blocked off. I would not go back to capitivy, were the cruel sun bit, the whip stung, the food hollow my belly, the water crack my lips. I would be free, be alive, live how I wanted to live. Somthing in me ripped, and I felt that alien part of me that I had felt as a boy. I dived in, reveled in it, let it take me. Again I was the black panther, with a rage to match it's terrible size. I tore those men apart, letft thier bleeding remains for the sun, and cruel sand. Brengh I burried, and said a short prayer I made up. From there I decided i would live my own life, free from slavery and oppression. I would be Kith Darkeyes, a man scarred from both pain and suffering, and no one would stop me.

That is my story. Did I tell you all? Probably not. That is somthing you will have to learn. Gain my trust and I may tell you, but my trust is not somthing I give out unless earned by sweat and blood and tears.
----------------------------------------------------
How did I do for my first time? Do you have any comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 2:52 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Wow...that is amazing...your charactor, he is so complex, I have never seen anything like this...very good job to you, very good, very good *claps very loudly for a short amount of time* I will pm you with a um...with something, so check your pm! Again, amazing job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 5:41 pm 
Vala
Vala

Thank you. And yes, I did check my PM.

I wasn't quite sure if the relationship between Kith and Brengh was clear. Did it make enough sence, or do you think I need to revise it a bit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 12:15 pm 

I think it was quite clear...and detailed...I don't think you need to change it a bit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 5:29 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

This was very good! I really like your character!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 8:40 pm 
Vala
Vala

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2006, 9:09 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

I love it Nauriel! It's been a pleasure to RP with him, hes so intricate and hard to figure out and predict, i love it!