Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 22nd, 2024, 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Characters for 'Quest for the Great Ones'
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 1:51 am 
Elf
Elf

Okay here is where you can post all the character bios for my RPG, Quest for the Great Ones.

Bio form:

Name:
Appearance:
Attire:
Weapons:
Personality:
History:
One of the 10 chosen(yes or no):
Powers(only if you are one of the chosen or a Demon; limited to three):

Last edited by Artemis on February 3rd, 2007, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:52 am 
Maia
Maia

Here's my first..I may create a male to go along with her, as I usually do.

Name: Avhráina(known as Ráina)
Race: Elf
Allegiance: Good
Appearance: Tall for one of her race, lithe, slender, yet quite strong from years of physical and weapons training. Her hair, worn down to the small of her back, is straight, thick, and red, and her eyes are silvery-blue.
Attire: Depends..most often wears a well-worn off-white(used to be white) tunic and loose-fitting black pants, as well as a ragged grey vest, a dark cloak that is travelstained and raveled at the ends(if not that, a long, well-worn, form-fitting black coat) soft leather swordbelt, and well-worn, yet sturdy, brown boots. Among other things, she also wears many trinkets of varying degree of worth, as well as several pieces of jewelry(including several earrings in each ear), most symbolic..at least for her.
Weapons: A longsword, etched with runes along the long blood channel down the center of the blade.. The pommelstone is some sort of reflective, opaque, prismatic crystal, and the hilt and crosshilt is wrapped with black leather. She also carries a curved hunting blade, as well as several daggers concealed among her clothes. She also bears a bow and quiver of arrows, but prefers her blades.
Personality: Also unknown..will develop throughout the rp.
History: N/A right now..i.e., I'm working on it.
One of the 10 chosen: Yes
Powers: Telekenesis, Fire manipulation, and Healing(odd combo..oh, well.)

And if I didn't do this right, just let me know.

Last edited by Raven Sparrow on February 3rd, 2007, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:56 am 
Elf
Elf

^That's great. You did it fine :) I should probably get my bio up soon, but I'm a little too tired to think right now. LOL. So it will probably be some time tomorrow afternoon or night before I get mine up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 8:30 am 
Vala
Vala

Name: Damien Orondar
Allegiance(good or evil): Good
Appearance: Height is about 7'2", hair is white-blond, skin is pale, and eyes are grey.
Attire: Brown and Green clothing, mostly.
Weapons: Longsword, dagger, and short spear.
Personality: Um....undetermined. It'll show up, eventually.
History: Damien born in a woodland Elvish settlement to a Warden, who wandered the woods to drive out the evil things that would emerge from the darkest shadows on moonless nights. Naturally, Damien was raised as a Warden himself--after all, children always followed the trade of their parents. His father vanished one night years ago, and since then Damien has redoubled his attempts to slay all predators that would seek to harm his people. Then the Chosen ones came.

Despite the fact that he knows it is for the greater good, Damien is not happy about the fact that he was forced to leave his people--even if it is only for a time--when the shadows and wraiths of the forest seem to have redoubled in number.
One of the 10 chosen(yes or no): Yes
Powers(only if you are one of the chosen or a Demon; limited to three): Healing, Earth Manipulation, and Shapeshifting

So there's my bio. It is subject to change, but I think it's fine for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 11:42 am 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Name: Alythrya
Allegiance(good or evil): good
Appearance: Long black hair, dark purple eyes, tan skin, muscularly built
Attire: A pair of breeches with a skirt over them, a undershirt with a tunic with Elvish degisns inscripted on it, a pair of boots and a necklace
Weapons: Two curved swords, a throwing axe, a bow and arrow, and two daggers
Personality: She is strong-willed and stubborn at times. She has a loyal heart to her friends and is witty, cunning, and brave.
History: Unknown
One of the 10 chosen(yes or no): yes
Powers(only if you are one of the chosen or a Demon; limited to three): Shapeshifting, Fire and water manipulation

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 11:47 am 
Elf
Elf

Great bios guys :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 12:27 pm 
Elf
Elf

Name:Maria
Race: elf
Allegiance(good or evil): good
Appearance: tall,long black hair,pale skin and green eyes
Attire: black pants white shirt and a black vest
Weapons: bow and daggers
Personality: mysterioous,but casual,and non-talkative
History: later
One of the 10 chosen(yes or no): yes
Powers(only if you are one of the chosen or a Demon; limited to three):telekinisis, shapeshifting,and fire

[: ? # = $ ^ ~ +]

Normal is for Muggles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 12:39 pm 
Elf
Elf

Name: Radearle of An
Race: Human
Appearance: Long auburn hair, reminiscent of flame. Blue eyes, tall and wiry.
Attire: Cream-colored blouse, brown skirt, brown leather belts, surcoat, etc. Dark blue hooded cloak with a silver brooch of elvish workmanship, symbolic of fire and water.
Weapons: Standard longbow and arrows, utility knife.
Personality: Normally upbeat, open, and a leader, with a finished gift of sarcasm. However, since so many of her companions, the Chosen Ones, are elves, she often feels intimidated by their superior skills and knowledge.
History: The only daughter of a minor lord in the shore region of An, she grew up training among her father's captains and her two elder brothers. As such, she is not accustomed to luxuries, but became gradually more restless at home, especially when she found out about her father's oath at her birth: to give her in marriage to the man who could rid his domain of the mutants and other dark beasts that terrorize it. At heart, she knows that it is her duty to fulfill this promise, yet experiences misgivings about being a political pawn. (The above is assumed known by her companions, since they have been together for awhile.) When the mages gifted her, she went willingly on the quest.
Fire manipulation
Water manipulation
Mind control

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 1:21 pm 
Teh Ladybird Fwee Queen
Teh Ladybird Fwee Queen

Quote:
Name: Annestel

Race: Human

Allegiance: Good

Appearance: Golden blonde, loose curls that fall in between her shoulder blades. She normally wears it in a bun, or half tied back with the rest loose. Her chocolatey brown eyes are a contrast to her pale hair and skin. Roughly 5ft 7"; she's slim and gracile.

Attire: Creams and brown leather. Knee length brown leather boots.

Weapons: Three daggers and a short sword.

Personality: She's somewhat solitary, often quiet and reserved. She has a calm temperament, which is why it's such a contrast when she gets angry. She's kindly and has a strong will to do good.

History: She was born in to a poor family, eldest of 6 children and often called upon to look after her siblings who were quite a bit younger than herself. At the age of 20 she took off, fed up of being overlooked and acting as a nanny to her brother and sisters. She drifted from town to town, doing what she could to earn a living. But she was never completely content, and longed for something she couldn't place. When she became a chosen one, she was only to happy to help.

One of the 10 chosen: Yes

Powers: Fire manipulation, telepathy, mind control.

Tell me if anything needs editing. ;)

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come."

Fwee!

:wary:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 1:43 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Here's mine!

Name: Arianna
Race: Dark Elf
Allegiance(good or evil): Evil
Appearance: Image
Attire: Black and silver armor with two flowers in her hair
Weapons: Bow and Arrow and sword
Personality: Dark, evil, wants evil to reign, very decieving to those who meet her.
History: TBA
One of the 10 chosen(yes or no): No
Powers(only if you are one of the chosen or a Demon; limited to three): None.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:11 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Name: Rothar "Ebonfang"
Race: mutant
Allegiance(good or evil): doesnt know... doesn't care
Appearance: 7 feet tall, with rippling muscles; human head with shaggy gray hair and a clean-shaven chin; fangs; muscular chest; hindquarters and tail of a black wolf
Attire: forest green cloak; loose trousers conceal his furred legs and tail; leather armor with bandolier for throwing knives
Weapons: powerful morning star; crossbow; throwing knives
Personality: borderline between insane and cunningly calculating; feral alter ego; sadistic
History: The product of some freak experimentation by dark elves. Spent most of his childhood in wizard towers and circles before escaping into the wilderness.
One of the 10 chosen(yes or no): no

Last edited by Lady Dark Moon on February 3rd, 2007, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:25 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Ewaviner
Race: Demon
Appearance: Ewaviner once had dark hair but it has turned to blood red. He has two scars across his face and very pale blue eyes. He is quite slim but possess some muscle
Attire: Ewaviner normally wears a dark hooded robe over dark coloured tunics and pants. He also has a snake-skin sword belt. He carries a silver ring with an emerald on it.
Weapons: Ewaviner carries a curved sword. Its hilt is designed like a serpent with an ivory body and emerald eyes.
Personality: Cold, merciless. He has little love for his soldiers or his enemies.
History: Ewaviner was created by the Archfiend himself in the Underworld. He was first merely a being of dark manifestations but after being trained by numerous people including the Archfiend, he became an efficient captain. He is one of the Archfiend's trusted lieutenants.

Ewaviner can manipulate the cold which ranges from turning objects into ice to freezing blood in a being to creating an ice shield. It is rumoured that he can create an ice juggernaut to serve his will

He can also shape shift into animals or mythical beings like dragons or basilisks. While in a form he possesses a fraction of their ability such as flight, fire breath, or petrification.

In his many experiments and discoveries, Ewaviner discovered that disease was caused by extremely small organisms. He learned to control them and can manipulate them to infect the enemies' food, drink, or bodies or lift disease from his allies.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

Just fyi, LDM--for Rothar, you said he "wears leather armor with" and left it at that. What does he wear with leather armor?

And, it might just be me, but I was always under the impression that Telepathy and Mind control were almost the same thing (Mind control is a more specific area of telepathy).

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 3:41 pm 
Elf
Elf

Okay, finally here's my bio:

Name: Erillyn

Age: Unknown, probably somewhere around 2050, she looks to be about 20-25

Appearance: Average height maybe a bit on the short side for an elf, slender, pale skin, waist length chestnut brown wavy hair usually worn flowing freely or pulled back loosely, large blue-green eyes, soft and delicate facial features

Attire: Loose cream colored blouse most often worn with a forest green vest, matching forest green skirt, lace up black boots, often accompanied with a black cloak pinned at the throat with a silver rose pendant given to her by her mother many years ago

Weapons: Bow and arrows, two twin elaborately made elven daggers passed down to her by her father

Personality: My characters usually develop a personality throughout the RPG, and it's only occasionally what I originally had planned, but I'm thinking of her being a little quiet and shy but likeable, curious about things that she doesn't know, protective of those she is close to (which aren't many due to her shy nature). But this is subject to change.

History: For centuries Erillyn had lived in the forest that borders the western edge of Riveria. When the Mutants, Wraiths, and occasionally Demons began to prowl the forest, she could not bring herself to leave her loved woodland home. She remained there, never going out at night and keeping her doors locked securely. But one night, a band of Mutants raided many homes in and on the borders of the forest. Her home was one of the ones targeted. Erillyn hid in the shadows of the trees and watched as her home for so long went up in flames. The Mutants searched for her, but she managed to evade them and finally reached the borders of the forest and passed into the land of Riveria. She took up life there, working for what she needed, traveling from place to place, and mostly keeping to herself. One day, a few mages happened to be in the city that she was staying in for the time being. As she passed them, she noticed that their eyes lingered on her. Feeling uncomfortable, she made to leave, but they caught her. They asked her many questions which she reluctantly answered, and then they finally explained what they wanted. Erillyn knew she didn't really have a choice in the matter, so she agreed. She went with them back to the capital city, and when all the other chosen ones had arrived, the three mages that remained gave them their magic. She finds her new powers fascinating, but the purpose for which they are there, takes the joy out of them for her.

Powers(only if you are one of the chosen or a Demon; limited to three): Telepathy, Weather manipulation, and Healing

And, Aerandir, mind control and telepathy are related, but they're not the same. Mind control is basically self explanatory. It's like the ability to enter someone's mind and control it. Telepathy is just communicating with someone else through your minds. So they're close but they're not exactly the same.

Last edited by Artemis on February 4th, 2007, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 4:33 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(One inquery.... do wraiths have powers? I´ll add them later if they have some)

Name: Tarion
Race: Wraith
Appearance: His body is entirely covered in black robes and a helmet covers his face, http://www.sden.org/jdr/add/add2/soth.gif
Attire: He wears long dark robes, he has an armour covering his torso and hands and a helmet on his head hiding away his face.
Weapons: A two handed sword
Personality: Most of the time he is cold, merciless and emotionless, but from time to time oddly enough shows human emotions as his human past gets the better of him instead of his hatred for the living.
History:

Long ago Tarion was a demon hunter, he was around when the first demons came to be in the realm and he as a wealthy son of a merchant organized hunting parties to kill them. Yet with time it seemed madnessas the number of demons only grew, his money depleted and his own sanity suffered. Thus one day when he could no longer afford to hire anyone to help him, he set out into the forest alone to do his final hunt on, which he would kill at least 3 demons on his own until facing his better.

As he died his souls went to the archfiend whom had taken notice of his actions and thus as a punishment he turned Tarion into a wraith to do his biding. From that day on Tarion was bound to his master and to hate all the living, but still he never lost touch of human emotions that might be his salvation... perhaps

- Shadow Meld (Tarion become one with shadows and hide in them or in the darkness, invisibility, but light will force him to come out of this form if there are no shadows nearby)

- Etheral Form (can pass trough objects and walls and cannot be harmed except with magic yet he cannot grab hold of solid items etc)

- Dark Magic

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Last edited by Curunìr on February 4th, 2007, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2007, 4:36 pm 
Elf
Elf

Cool I was wondering if anyone would want to be a wraith.

Hmm as far as powers go, I guess some but not the typical powers of the chosen or the archfiend's demons. Think like a ghost or something, stuff like invisibility, ability to walk through walls, things like that. If you have an idea or a suggestion, don't hesitate to tell me though.