Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Characters for "The Fourth Archway"
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 10:20 am 
Vala
Vala

Post your characters here, if you're in "The Fourth Archway" RPG. Please make sure they are in this basic format, though if you want to include more information, you're more than welcome to.

-------

My character:

Name: Feyl'agran, or just Feyl, for short
Race: Kor'daera
Phys. Appearance: At only 5'6", Feyl is average height for his species, with the typical grey eyes and blond hair as well. He is fairly skinny compared to the average human, but not enough that he could be called scrawny. He certainly doesn't look like he works out.
Attire: The Red and Brown robes of the Kael'aghad sect of the Kol'mari clan of the Kor'daera, along with the properly carved staff.
Weapons: A dagger, though he carries his staff everywhere with him, as it helps channel his magic (same with all Kor'daera).
Strong element: Wind, followed by Fire
Background: Feyl'agran was born in the Kor'daeran city of Kol'this, where he was introduced to humans at a young age, instead of meeting one when he was older, as happened to most people. Humans lived in Kol'this in almost as great numbers as the Kor'daera, so they were a common sight for him. He was raised in a typical manner for the Kor'daera--he was admitted to a sect at the age of ten, where he was trained in the use of his magic, and was finally declared a full Mage when he was twenty-two, a little sooner than most in his 'class', though not as soon as others. Shortly after he left the sect's palace to wander the world (also a common thing), he acquired his first Guardian--a human named Dorlan, who seemed to be more skilled than most of his kind in battle, wielding his enormous enchanted warhammer to great effect against bandits or whatever creature they were fighting at the time.

When the first news about the Gohl was released to the Mages of the land, Feyl knew that there would be trouble if the Archway wasn't closed soon. When the Gohl continued to gather their forces of possessed Humans, Belkarans, Laude, various creatures of the land, and weak Kor'daera, it was driven in just how much trouble there would be. He, along with all the other mages of Adaris, was called to a grand convocation at the capitol city of Kor'da'this, where they were informed of the plan that the Archmage of the Kor'daerans, the King of the Humans, the Master Technician (yes, that is the title of the ruler of the Belkarans) of the Belkarans, and the Highlord of the Laude had come up with. From the many possibilities, Feyl was chosen to be the one to close the Archway due to his power, which was both sufficient enough to seal the Archway, and weak enough that he wouldn't prove to be that great of an asset to the Gohl if he should be possessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 11:56 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Alex
Race: Human
Phys. Appearance: Tall, longish dark brown hair, hazel eyes
Attire: Enchanted, full heavy armor. Steel kite-shield, long red cape
Weapons: steel Longsword, enchanted with fire effects (Pretty please, i know humans arent aloud longswords, but they my favourite weapons :P)
Strong element: (for Kor'daerans only. Options are Fire, Wind, Water (ice is included), and Earth)
Background: Nothing much too it, born grew up, became a knight

That ok? :D

~Thank you to Estë Undómë for the Beeeautiful Banners & Avvie <3 ~

Last edited by Azura Undómë on February 6th, 2007, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 12:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Dai'rik (Dai)
Race: Laude
Phys. Appearance: Tall and lean, about 6'3", short cut black hair and brown eyes (looks slightly oriental)
Attire: Usually black leggings, shirt and tunic, but will occationally wears white or grey, but rarely wears any other colors.
Weapons: A longbow and arrows, as well as several daggers.
Strong element: None
Background: (Uh... Sense I don't know all the traditions of the races and everything, I'll just leave this blank for now. Unless, you want me to come back and make something up.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 12:18 pm 
Vala
Vala

Nienna, your bio is okay (you can use a longsword), but if you could make her at least 25, to make this a little more realistic (in real life a 19 year old probably wouldn't even be a knight yet), since they want experienced warriors on this quest.

SG, for your Background, you can make up basically whatever you want. I haven't thought up a big culture for any of the races, so at this point you can mold the Laude to just about anything you want (though they are united under one ruler, titled the Highlord).

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 1:42 pm 
Vala
Vala

Here's my bio.
Name: Nolania
race:kor'daera
Phys. Appearance: Tall but very thin and twig like. She has long dirty blonde hair and pale blue eyes.
Weapons: A small dagger, and her magic (which she channels through a staff.)
Strong element: water followed by earth.
Background: Nothing very interesting

Her Gaurdian:
Name: Thrang
race:Laude
Appearance: Tallish and strongly built. he has shaggy dark bwon hair and green-grey eyes.
Weapons: Bow and arrow, glaive, and his many daggers.

Last edited by Nauriel Rochnur on February 7th, 2007, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 3:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ok! i edited my charrie, he's now 25.

~Thank you to Estë Undómë for the Beeeautiful Banners & Avvie <3 ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 8:15 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Karina
Phys. Appearance: shoulder length brown hair, blue eyes, rather petite but very strong and fast
Attire: usually dark colored cut-off leggings with a just-above-the-knee tunic or light dress, wears a belt/hilt around her waist and wears strong leather shoes
Weapons: long sword, bow and arrow
Background: [i'll post it later]

Hello, I'm Amoniel
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 9:02 pm 

Name: Xaviera
Race: Kor'daeran
Phys. Appearance: Long dark brown hair, pale skin, copper eyes
Attire: a brown leather vest and boots, cream colored dress that reaches just above her knees
Weapons: dagger
Strong element: Fire, followed by water
Background: Um, I should read some more... :blush:

Guardian Up Soon!

Name: Miniya
Race: human
Appearance: blone hair tied up in a knot on the back of her head, tanned skin, green eyes
Weapons: will edit...
Background: Xaviera's guardian. End of story.

Last edited by Shadowcat on February 8th, 2007, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 9:09 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Name: Aedhon
Phys. Appearance: lanky; pale blond hair streaked with premature white; startling blue eyes; angular features
Attire: brown robes set apart by tendrils of red flame reaching up its sides
Weapons: dagger, ivory staff topped with a vermilion orb
Strong element: fire, followed by earth

Background: Not overtly potent, but has his bursts of magical puissance when he allows the magic to overtake him. He was chosen to go because he happened to be in the right place at the right time (or wrong place at the wrong time, as referenced by his customary pessimism). He was in the wildnerness outside Kor'da'this when his magic went awry and he inadvertently summoned a demon from the lower planes. In frenzied desperation he battled and banished it. As chance would have it, the leaders of Adaris were just passing through for their summit when they witnessed the spectacle.

He never desired adventure, for he spent most of his life sequestered in his local sect's palace, graduating as a master to teach Kor'daeran initiates.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 11:34 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Marvilan
Race: Bekaran
Physical Appearance: Slightly tall and a bit thin. Dark brown hair. Possesses dianium (an alloy from titanium and carbon) mechanical arms and legs. His arms have solar panels for energy while his legs have a small jetpack in them, allowing Marvilan to move off the ground for several minutes. The generator that powers his limbs are surgically inserted in his body as well as the air tank to his gas mask. Two of his eyes are replaced with mechanical eyes that possess night vision and zoom at objects at will.
Attire: He wears basic clothing over the human parts of his body. His thighs are armoured with dianium plates. His chest is also armoured with a full dianium cuirass. He wears a dianium helmet that covers his neck as well as his head. He also wears a gas mask for hostile environments
Weapons: His mechanical arms possess eighteen inch blades that can spring forward and withdrew at will. He also has a Bekaran gun that is like our MP5 machine guns with a laser sight and expanded magazines. He carries five magazines inside each leg.
Background: Marvillian was born in an age in the Bekaran world where technology was given another burst of energy. The first burst in technology came two thousand years ago (1045 according Bekaran calender (ABC)). At the age, clockwork engines and machines were used as well as gunpowder. Not only did technology was motivated but mathematics and science was also motivated in the burst. Five hundred years after the First Burst, the Second Burst occurred, replacing clockwork with steam engines and increasing the use of steel. In 1600 ABC, the first aeroengine was invented, after many theories and experiments, opening to the air to the Bekarans. In 2000 ABC, the Third Burst took place, leading to the rise of the robotics and cyber-surgery. By the time Marvillian was born, 3045 ABC, half of the Bekarans had robotic implants. When he was fifteen, he had his limbs replaced in favour for robotics. When he was thirty five, everything changed with the news of the Fourth Archway and the Gohls. He decided to help defend the Bekarans from them, despite his pacifism and had the blades inserted to his arms.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2007, 3:30 am 
Vala
Vala

Interesting characters, everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play out. Especially your pessimistic one, LDM. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2007, 7:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Eshtok
Phys. Appearance: Tall and thin, but also muscular. He has sandy brown hair, cut at about chin-length, and brown eyes.
Attire: Brown pants and a tunic, a leather belt, leather shoes.
Weapons: Bow and arrows, a long knife (not a dagger, but not a sword, either), and several smaller knives.
Background: Nothing to unusual

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2007, 9:53 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Gwyria
Phys. Appearance: Tiny and slender, height of 4'6, with strawberry blonde hair that can't decide whether it's curly or straight, and blue-green eyes.
Attire:
Weapons: One larger dagger, as well as various other small ones hidden in convenient places around her person. She's quite adept at whipping one out at the slightest notice.
Strong element: Fire
Background: This is still sort of in the works - basic idea, she's the daughter of a noble and extremely precocious, more advanced magically than many older than her.

Last edited by Meldawen on February 16th, 2007, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 8th, 2007, 4:03 am 
Vala
Vala

Nice bios, Elenya and Meldawen. Lol, Melda--precocious? I never would've guessed that one of your characters would have a personality like that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 12:30 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

What can I say? Predictability happens to be my middle name :P

Profile       WWW