Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 9:44 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Aww, I think just more experienced, is all... you're great with ideas, and I've been here long enough to know what works and what doesn't.. together we are unstoppable! Like Anne Bonny and Mary Reed. :pirate:

There's always Tortuga, but that's becoming really overdone... perhaps we could come up with another little island that is much like Tortuga, but perhaps Spanish-ruled. :yes: Since Vari's mother's side was Spanish, and I think it would be interesting to do something other than British or French, or Chinese/Singapore. You know?

Aside from that, what I was getting at is we should come up with a small Spanish town and a tavern the pirates could meet at to discuss what they're going to do. Perhaps discuss gathering the Brethren Court and whatnot.

And I was thinking we could possibly have rules to this, i.e., no posts shorter than 5 sentences. Like if someone wrote "Rufis McDaggersword smiled", that would be unacceptable. But nothing too outrageous as so people are turned off of the roleplay. Just simple things, no godmodding, etc. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 9:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

Awwww thank you! You really are a diamond <3 And I absolutely love the sound of that, it's so going in my sig when I'm back on my compy (whom I've called Alex).

Spanish sounds good, the island could be what becomes Ibiza or something. Holdup, is Ibiza off Spain? I have no idea to be honest :lol: Either that or Barbados. I agree about the rules too, especially the one about length :yes: When do you guys break up for summer anyhow?

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 6:50 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I'm terrible with geographical location... Barbados sounds good - I'll just have to look at a map when I get home from school. Only 9 days left!!! Our last day is June 12, and we don't have to come back until Sept. 8th, I believe. So it's a nice length to be honest. Good for pirating. :pirate:

I figured maybe each of our OC's could be representing a different country or something of the like... Vari would obviously be Spain, yours could be British, etc. IDK, it was just a thought I had - we don't have to do it. Also, I figured VP could be known on said island, as her mother's original last name, Degaldo... the natives would be calling Vari that pretty often instead of her real name, just so you don't get confused. :P

Okay, so we've got Rebellion, PRR's sneak onto pirate ship for passage out of Port Royal, pirates gather to discuss Brethren Court, battle ensues... sounds really good to me - action-filled and exciting! Perhaps also they could be planning to kill Beckett or something similar. :yes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 6:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

I love the idea of our OCs representing different countries or regions (Reminds me of the Pirate Lords). I think I roughly know already who I'm going to be bringing into this RP, so Antoinette (I'm starting to curse myself for my lack of original names now, perhaps I should change it) could represent France, Cameron and Carlist could represent Britain ect.

Also, I am so relieved I managed to get my OCs into my sig without abandoning RotR. I wanted them in there soooooo bad xD

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 9:41 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Aye, that's exactly what I was getting at... like the Pirate Lords, but less creepy [Mistress Ching for example :hide: ] In fact, I was thinking about this roleplay during school today - it's gonna be really exciting!! I love your sig, btw, and the name change! Brilliant <3

Hm, so should we make up our own town in Barbados, or something...? I've got a few tavern names prepared if you want to choose from those. Or we can come up with new ones - I'm really flexible with that sort of stuff. :yes:

Anyway, here's what I have:

The Red Gate Tavern
The Black Dragon Inn
The Blind Hawk Inn
The Golden Rose Tavern
The Tipsy Wench Inn
The Dead Moon Tavern
The Crow's Nest Inn

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 10:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hehe, thankies. I know, I'm getting really excited too actually xD

I think Barbados yeah and I LOVE The Crow's Nest Inn. I would write a longer post but at 4am my brain has given up completely.

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 4:56 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

That's all right, I totally know what it's like to have your brain go AWOL on you... especially in the last few days of school. Today it really hit me that we're coming to a close, because all of the seniors were gone [they get out earlier, which is NOT fair!!] and there were only 11 people in my Creative Writing class... it felt so empty. But I can't concentrate with thoughts of AU and PotC on my mind 24/7! I'm constantly distracted. :lol:

Aye, <i>The Crow's Nest Inn</i> it shall be... I think we should start coming up with some of the rules now, since we've basically gotten the plot down. And we'll need a title for it, too. Something unique and original, but drawing people in at the same time... hmm.

For the rules, I was thinking something along the lines of only enter if you're sure you're going to be around and remain faithful to the RP... or if you know you're going to be leaving constantly, then take a minor character so if you disappear we can keep going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 8:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

OCs Updated: Andrea Nightingale... one half of Barbea xD

So rules:

- No God-modding.
- No posts less than 5 lines long.
- To enter you must be committed to the RP.
- Keep it roughly 12a/PG-13.
- OCs are most deffinately welcome.

can you think of anything else to add?

And for names, maybe quoting from the movies? For instance 'Dying is a day worth living for'?

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2009, 7:55 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Either that, or we could call it "Never Shall We Die", "What Shall We Die For?" or something along those lines... I do like "Dying Is A Day Worth Living For" I really don't mind any of them. :no:

Other than the title, I think we're good to go!! This one is going to be exciting, but perhaps we should wait a little before posting this one, since you just put a new one up... wouldn't want to overwhelm everyone with such awesomeness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2009, 7:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

Nice one xD And nay, wouldn't want to do that would we ;) Maybe later this weekend :yes: Oooh I'm all excited now!

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 10:47 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Maybe we should let IYHSTS calm down first, since it's going rather good right now, before we start the new roleplay. I'm glad so many people are into this one, and I only hope I can play Jack well... don't want to let all of ye down. :no:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 11:17 am 
Istari
Istari

I agree, I'm actually quite suprised at how well it's taken off xD And don't worry, your doing awesomely with Jack.

I'm finding Andrea really fun to play too :-P

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2009, 11:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

I've had the idea in my mind to expand on Andrea's family for a while now and I've FINALLY done it. I'll update with the other 8 bios later, when I'm not about to pass out from exhaustion ;)

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 7:03 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Lothy, darling, you're taking all the good faces for OCs! :teehee:

I really am quite impressed with this... I think I need you guys to teach me how to get back into the fine art of OCs. :erm:

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

NEW CHARACTER: Hunter Costello-Nightingale
UPDATED: Andrea Costello-Nightingale

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2010, 6:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

*Peeks in*
Great charries! :-D You’ve got so many great faces for them! <3 James Marsters… Hugh Jackman… David Boreanaz… need I go on? :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next