Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 5:33 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

lol yes, I know I'm insane and obsessed with watching the movies, and it's finally getting tiring just like LotR did for me... :confused: It's really sad but when you've seen them so many times it's not going to be new and different anymore :(

Yes, there's a book called "On Stranger Tides" that has nothing to do with the movies; the main character is Jack Shandy and it does involve Blackbeard however... you can probably find it at Barnes and Nobles or whatever other bookstores are around you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 5:34 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I know it's never fun to lose interest in your passions. That's why I try to take long breaks between watching the movies, normally I just watch then whenever they are on television.

I'll have to check it out then!

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 5:43 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I think the book is where they are drawing a lot of inspiration from for the movie ::

Quote:
This book follows the exploits of John "Jack Shandy" Chandagnac, who travels to the new world after the death of his puppeteer father to confront his uncle, who apparently has made off with the family inheritance. During the voyage, he gets to know a woman named Beth Hurwood and her father Benjamin Hurwood, an Oxford professor. Before they arrive, their ship is waylaid by pirates and, with the help of the professor and his assistant, the captain is killed and Chandagnac is forced to join the pirate crew. The reader discovers a sinister plot being concocted by the professor involving his dead wife, his living daughter, the Fountain of Youth, and Blackbeard. Chandagnac, now known as "Jack Shandy", must put a stop to these plans and save Beth Hurwood.

I mean, it sounds good and everything, but I'm not sure what PotC is going to do with it, how Ted and Terry are going to put their own twist on it, etc. I would like to at least get my hands on a copy before next year though. It might even provide some plot ideas for our OST RP when that comes about :)

Hm, no new news on OST at this point either... I wish we at least knew the name of Penelope Cruz's character so we'll know what to call her in the RP... :\

And I think mom and I are going out for ice cream and to rent some movies... gonna try to get her to watch Cutthroat Island with me cause I think I just need a different sort of Pirates film is all.... :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 5:47 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I love Cutthroat Island, it was on a few weeks ago on the IFC channel. It's a great way to catch up on old and foreign films! Although I don't see CI as being foreign xD

That does sound very interesting and I am sure Ted and Terry will think of something, they were able to create three pirate films from a simple ride... If they have a book to work with I am sure it will be brilliant. Plus JD and GR are going to make the movie epic no matter what!

Enjoy the ice-cream, I'd really love some right now. My throat is killing me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 5:54 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Dang, I haven't seen it for a few months now, and I had only caught the end-ish part of it, so I've not really even seen the entire movie tbh. I just like seeing the Pirate world from a different perspective, instead of just through the eyes of Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, etc.

As long as they don't mess up the female characters or have a really stupid plot, I'm sure I'll enjoy it - heck I'll enjoy it just for the fact that the three of us are going to be watching it together xD I am definitely looking forward to Ian MacShane as Blackbeard :bones:

I shall send you some virtual ice cream although I could really go for some cherry crisp pie right now with vanilla ice cream on it; I think we're just getting the ice cream by itself though. :P Whatever I'm rambling now and I really need to go get a quick shower xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2010, 6:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

I might go and get the Phish Food out of the freezer with all this talk of ice-cream. And you guys might be interested in this book. I've put it on my massive Birthday list (we've agreed that since it's my 18th I'm either going to get one big expensive present or lots of little presents like lots of books and DVDs). Looks really good.

Quote:
Sold by his father as a child for four guineas, captain’s servant Patrick Devlin knows how cheap a man’s life can be.

But his instinct for survival is strong, and when his master’s ship is sunk by pirates, Devlin makes his choice – to trade his servile existence for a life of dangerous liberty. As he learns to adapt to his brutal new world, he watches men who would once have been his masters fall dead at his feet. Eventually, he finds himself captain of the very ship that took down the vessel of the man he once served – Captain John Coxon – who, disgraced and dissatisfied, hungers to return to the sea and take his revenge.

And when His Majesty’s Government and the East India Company hear of the Pirate Devlin, and that he is in pursuit of a secret French cargo of gold bullion, it is Coxon they send to bring his former dog to heel.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 6:49 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

OH MY GODS THE HEAVENS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!! 30 SECONDS TO MARS IS COMING TO A PLACE THAT'S ONLY 20 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME; AND TICKETS ARE ONLY $25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :swoon:

The only bad thing about this is that it's located in a terrible part of town, and mom's worried about taking me, so she wants her boyfriend to take me but we've also got a family picnic that day... :frust: I WANT TO SEE JARED LETO/EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:explode:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 7:24 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

*beep*!!!!!!!! So unfair!!! I want to go see them so bad and I really hope you get the chance to see them since this opportunity doesn't come around every day!

I wish you luck Ara <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 7:39 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I know, I couldn't stop shaking after I posted that! I really REALLY hope we get to go see them, but I don't think I want to get shot, or mugged, or raped, or any of the above options combined. :no: The only other place they would probably come to around here is the Allentown Fair where people like Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, Papa Roach, Keith Urban have been in the past, and the place where we get to go in free because my mom's boyfriend works there in the summer setting up chairs; actually we sort of sneak in but the way we do it is really crafty so they don't catch us :whistle:

Anywho if they ever come there I will definitely be going 100% - unfortunately this place they're going to be is located right in the center of the city where there are a lot of murders and the like, not very fun at all :no:

TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS. WHAT THE F*#&?! I still can't believe it's only that much to see a band as famous as they are... what the hell I wish it wasn't in such a bad place so that I could definitely go for sure... I mean meeting one of your OC's in person is probably the most freaking epic thing in the entire *beep* world!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 8:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

30 Seconds to Mars are at Radio 1's Big Weekend next week too, along with Paramore, Pendulum, MGMT, Faithless, Cheryl Cole, Marina and the Diamonds, Tinie Tempah and SOOOO many other amazing people. I have absolutely no chance in hell of going as a) I'm going to be nowhere near Bangor (North Wales) next weekend and b) you have to win the tickets.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2010, 8:26 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

It would be so epic if we all got to see 30STM when we meet up; btw, mom has elected to put $500 towards the trip - and no, that isn't a typo - $500 out of her own pocket because she really wants us to get together and have an epic time - ice cream and tickets should be no problem with that much cash. :lol:

Hmm I really want to work on my superhero bios now; I think I'll start working on the ones I already have and then move onto Allure & Indigo - I can't wait to start this RP - maybe in the next week or so (or when school starts to calm down at least).. 22 days to go for me; hopefully they go REALLY fast. :frust:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Wow, that was really awesome of your mother! I simply cannot wait till next year, it really is going to be epic!

I still need to finish half of my bios but I just don't have any creative power left in my mind right now. Probably because I am ill currently.. boo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 9:01 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

As of tomorrow it will be exactly 365 days until "On Stranger Tides".. it doesn't seem like an entire year though - maybe because the excitement is welling up inside of me :P

Ugh I hate being sick, it's such a pain.. :frust: And I'm also sorry I haven't been on Worlds-End for quite a while - school is catching up with me and everyone is making their projects and work due right before the end... only 20 more days or so!!

But anywho, I think I only need to finish Turbozero, Vector, Allure & Indigo's bios - almost done but I don't think I'll work on any more tonight. Just gonna sit back and watch some more Teen Titans - which has been the main inspiration behind my superhero streak :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 11:13 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I am getting a bit better...soon I'll get the rest bios up!

Don't worry about it Ara school always picks up at the end and soon you will have a lot more free time to get back into all the RPs... at least occasionally :P

One more year ladies *hugs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2010, 5:38 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Less than one year.. oi vey! I feel very bad for you Pan, driving all the way from Indiana to Pennsylvania :swoon: The both of you will probably have to get here a day early (Thursday the 19th) so that you both can rest and such... I'll have to book the hotel earlier in which case but it shouldn't be an issue since we're splitting the cost three ways... :no:

19 days left of school for me, not including weekends... I wish it were 11:45AM on the 18th so that I would be officially free from that prison... :annoyed: & next year is going to be amazing - senior babyyy :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2010, 7:54 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

It's alright, I had the pleasure of driving to Florida so going to PA doesn't seem too bad :P I don't mind coming a bit earlier...

Next summer is going to be crazy... my roommate and I are planning a trip to Ireland and to England...sort of like backpacking and then of course to PA to visit my Lothy and Ara and of course the job search for a real life job...crasy crazy and scary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next