NICKNAMES: Tom
ETHNICITY: English and who knows.
DATE OF BIRTH: March 1
SOCIAL STATUS: Pirate
PLAYED BY: Jensen Ackles

[THE LOOKING GLASS]
a p p e a r a n c e

HAIR COLOUR: Brown
HAIR STYLE: Short and messy, slightly spiky.
EYE COLOUR: Bluish green.
HEIGHT: 6’ 1”
WEIGHT: -
BUILD: Average
FASHION: He will wear an undershirt of course under his loose shirt and jacket. The coat itself is a simple coat he had gotten before meeting Anna. He wears loose black pants that he has tucked into his Boots. But if he isn’t in a rush they remain untucked.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: His eyes seem to always be a different color depending on the light.

[THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS]
p e r s o n a l i t y

OVERVIEW: Time living in the streets had hardened Tom, but his sister kept him from becoming too hard. When he met Clay he became an older brother to the boy. He hates his father, just for the reason the man was not around when he and his sister were little (though Jack never knew he had kids until recently). The death of his mother was hard on him and his sister. Even with her profession, his mother still taught him and Caro to be good and decent. And when it comes to Anna, Tom is completely in love with her, he doesn’t know if he has since they met, but he truly does and he would die for her given the chance.
- Using his gun and sword on those he hates.
- Playing cards and any game he can win money.
DISLIKES:
- His Father, Jack Sparrow
- People who insult his family (except Jack) and his friends.
HABITS:
- Gambling, though he always wins.
- Teasing Clay.
- Kissing Anna
STRENGTHS:
- He is good at reading people.
- He is good with weapons.
WEAKNESSES:
- He cares a lot about those close to him.
- He will not listen to anything said by or about Jack Sparrow.
FEARS:
- Losing his twin, Clay, and Anna.
MISCELLANEOUS:
- If he gets really mad, he will make you wish you were dead.

[THAT WHICH LIES BENEATH]
h i s t o r y

PARENTS:
- Jack Sparrow had met Leila Miller on Tortuga and would often be with her, apparently confessing love every time. Eventually he stopped showing up for no reason, and 9 months after his last visit, she gave birth to Tom and Caro. Leila had thought Jack was dead because he never returned, but she had found out he still lived and would visit Tortuga. The twins were 8 when she started going out every night to look for Jack, and after one rainy night she became sick and eventually died.

CHILDHOOD: Tom was born on Tortuga with his twin sister; when he was 8, his mother died of a cold that had grown worse. With no father in their lives, and no one willing to take them in, Tom and his sister ended up growing up in the streets of the place.

ADOLESCENCE: Eventually met Clay, an orphaned by, when he was 15 years of age. The three of them decided to get away and started conning and stealing to buy a ship.

ADULTHOOD: When he was 22 he met Anna, who had a ship and a small crew of ex-navy and such. She invited Him, Caroline and Clay to join the crew, which they did. Tom and Anna has since become an Item.

[THE BLOOD OF A PIRATE]
f a m i l y

ROMANTIC INTERESTS:
- Anna Beckett
FATHER:
- Jack Sparrow
MOTHER:
- Leila Miller
OTHER:
- (Twin sister) Caroline Miller
- (Little brother Figure) Clay

[TO BEGIN OUR TALE]
t h e b a s i c s

NAME: Caroline Miller
NICKNAMES: Caro
ETHNICITY: English and who knows.
DATE OF BIRTH: March 1
SOCIAL STATUS: Pirate
PLAYED BY: Eliza Dusku

[THE LOOKING GLASS]
a p p e a r a n c e

HAIR COLOUR: Brown
HAIR STYLE: Short and messy, slightly spiky.
EYE COLOUR: Brown.
HEIGHT: 5’ 5”
WEIGHT: -
BUILD: Slender
FASHION: She wears a black undershirt, and black pants, black sash. She will sometimes where her black coat (it had belonged to an EITC officer). She has black lace up boots. Sometimes she will wear a grey shirt.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: She has lightly tanned skin, unlike her twin brother.

[THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS]
p e r s o n a l i t y

OVERVIEW: Caro is a wild cat. She is tough, partly due to her life in the streets, but also because she hates to be thought of as a week female. She will use men, kissing, flirting, but she remains pure. She loves to tease Clay like a little brother. She finds it amazing that Tom was able to find love with Anna, and although she would never say it, she is grateful to Anna for loving Tom. She does not like her father Jack for the simple reason there mother still loved him until she died and he was never in their lives. With Anna, not only is she grateful, but she looks to Anna as a sister, and hopes one day Anna and Tom will marry.
- Manipulating men to get what she wants.
DISLIKES:
- Her Father, Jack Sparrow
- People who insult her family (except Jack) and her friends.
- Womanizers.
- Weak women.
HABITS:
- Flirting
- Teasing Clay.
STRENGTHS:
- Her looks.
- She is good with weapons.
- Keen eye.
- She knows how to handle men.
WEAKNESSES:
- She gets angry easily.
- Holds grudges.
FEARS:
- Losing her twin, Clay, and Anna.
- Ending up like her mother.
- Becoming pregnant before she is ready.
MISCELLANEOUS:
- She has flirted with an EITC officer when she was 14. He was kind to her, she wishes to thank him.

[THAT WHICH LIES BENEATH]
h i s t o r y

PARENTS:
- Jack Sparrow had met Leila Miller on Tortuga and would often be with her, apparently confessing love every time. Eventually he stopped showing up for no reason, and 9 months after his last visit, she gave birth to Tom and Caro. Leila had thought Jack was dead because he never returned, but she had found out he still lived and would visit Tortuga. The twins were 8 when she started going out every night to look for Jack, and after one rainy night she became sick and eventually died.

CHILDHOOD: Caro was born on Tortuga with her twin brother; when she was 8, her mother died of a cold that had grown worse. With no father in their lives, and no one willing to take them in, both ended up growing up in the streets of the place.

ADOLESCENCE: When Caro was 15, shortly before meeting Clay, an orphaned, she had flirted with an EITC officer who was stationed in Tortuga. It was raining, he saw she was cold and gave her his coat. But before she could thank him for the first kindness she had in years, he left. She never knew who he was, and she still has the coat, taken very good care of, and she will wear it. Shortly after she and Tom met Clay, the three of them decided to get away and started conning and stealing to buy a ship.

ADULTHOOD: When she was 22 she met Anna, who had a ship and a small crew of ex-navy and such. She invited the three to join the crew, which they did. Tom and Anna has since become an Item.

[THE BLOOD OF A PIRATE]
f a m i l y

ROMANTIC INTERESTS:
- none
FATHER:
- Jack Sparrow
MOTHER:
- Leila Miller
OTHER:
- (Twin brother) Thomas Miller
- (Little brother Figure) Clay

Name: Clay
Appearance: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdmschool/3278792086/ , http://www.flickr.com/photos/16981898@N06/2576952341/ .
Personality: Despite growing up on the streets, Clay is still seeing the bright side. He gets embarrassed easily, teases Tom. But he is sensitive when it comes to being scolded, even teasing scolds. He see’s Tom as an older brother and Anna as a sister who happens to be his captain. He loves steering the ship, and loves it when she says he does a good job on the ship. He has a crush on Caro (which everyone knows about). He seems simple with his grinning, but that’s mostly because Tom looked after him and made sure he didn’t focus on just the bad stuff. There are certain things that make him upset, hurting those close to him in any form. Taking advantage of kids trust (this happened to him when he was 8, a man asked him to do something, and he was framed for a crime), and he does not appritiate any kind of disloyalty.
History: He was born on Tortuga, and was orphaned at a young age, 5 years old; growing up in the streets he eventually met Caroline and Thomas when he was 11. The three of them decided to get away and started conning and stealing to buy a ship. When he was 18, Tom met Anna, she had a ship and a small crew of ex-navy and such. She invited Him, Caroline and Tom to join the crew, which they did.

Name: Anna Beckett
Appearance: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stacykae/3511491459/
Family: She is cousin to Cutler Beckett, her mother was his Aunt but never married.
Personality: Anna is a strict captain; she loves her cousin, Cutler Beckett. She still feels guilty for stealing a ship and leaving. She loved her mother, and always wondered who her father was. She loves being free and sailing, and hates the noble life (it made her feel imprisoned). She adores Caro as a woman she can speak with as a sister and equal (another reason she hates society, all the women there were too posh and wimpy), she see’s Clay as the little brother of Tom, or even herself. And Tom, she loves him so much, she always knew if he died, she would not be the same.
History: Anna never had a father, her mother had never spoken as too why, and was always fascinated by the idea of pirates sailing free. When she was 20 she found some men who were interested in becoming pirates, and they stole a ship called the Highlander. Soon she landed at Tortuga and met Tom, Caroline and Clay and invited them to join her. They agreed, and since she and Tom have become an item.

I have now created the Family Tree's:

Tom and Caro's
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa6/ ... yTree1.png

Anna Beckett's
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa6/ ... yTree2.png

Other:

Name: Eldora
Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/cote ... -3.jpg?o=7 , http://media.photobucket.com/image/cote ... o.jpg?o=34
Family: None but her adopted father, Edmund.
History: She was found as an infant by Edmund, a gypsy, and he raised her as such calling her Eldora, his gift from the sun. As years went the 2 traveled with the other gypsy’s. That is until Eldora was 20, they came to a village when she was met by an older woman who claimed she knew Eldora. Eldora then found out her father wasn’t her real father. Even though she had been abandoned, she was still made he never told her. So she ran off for 6 years before meeting with him again. But he was sick and dying. She stayed with him until he died, now she travels with the same wagon and items but alone, no longer part of a group.

FANTASY

Name: Falene ‘Fal’ Hayward
Race: Elven
Appearance: http://dallasdoeshollywood.com/wp-conte ... aper-1.jpg
Personality: Falene is brave, trusting only after a while, otherwise she is wary. She is stubborn and can have a temper. If you earn her friendship she is loyal.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: Archery with her bow, she also knows how to fight with a dagger and knife for she has one of each with her bow. She has magic but does not use it unless she must.
History: Falene was found in a cave that had collapsed by human hunters. She wore rages and claimed she didn’t remember who she was. They took her in and in time found out she knew how to fight. This was 250 years ago. It isn’t sure if she truly has forgotten, or choses to act like she doesn’t remember because she named herself and it’s not sure if it’s her real name or not. She stayed with the humans for 10 years before leaving and wondering on her own.
Other: 40 years after she left the humans Falene found a cub, a white tiger. It had been caught in a human trap. She freed it and he has stayed with her since. And the tiger is no plain tiger, besides not ageing past its prime; it has wings that are not noticed when folded to the body. http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Prints ... ns_big.jpg

Last edited by Misa_Amane on June 26th, 2011, 10:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm 
Maia
Maia

Groupings of pics that inspire these Pirates:

Anna and Tom:
http://nuriko12.deviantart.com/art/Mr-a ... +dean&qo=4

http://jinrocks.deviantart.com/art/SPN- ... dean&qo=10

http://winchestervampire.deviantart.com ... ean&qo=115

http://lucingga.deviantart.com/art/SPN- ... ean&qo=405

http://visoroly.deviantart.com/art/Good ... ean&qo=446

Tom and Caro:
http://anyatudor.deviantart.com/art/Fai ... faith&qo=0

http://faith5starz.deviantart.com/art/F ... faith&qo=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 5:01 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

If you'd like some constructive criticism... I would say that you have good bones. Now... it just needs to be enhanced. Make your charries have flesh, blood, etc. Give them fears, give them thoughts, bring them to life so a person can reach out and touch 'em. This takes a lot of time, thought and effort, I know, but it'll make realistic and personable Ocs in the end. Think of the majority of movies, books and tv shows... the writers/authors of all of those things put hours and hours and probably even years into some of their charries. It's an on going process for sure but in the end you'll have a charrie rich with history and non-mary-sueishness. :)

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2010, 9:33 pm 
Maia
Maia

I have added a new character, Take a look.

and thanks PD, but its hard to word personalities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2010, 9:49 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Note: Personalities are the most important thing to give your characters. It is what gives them life and makes them different from another character, it also makes characters seem less Mary-Sue...

This may be part of the reason that it is hard to get people to interact with your characters, they lack depth and interest. Really think about your characters and their lives. How did they become the way they are? What about their families.

That's another thing as well, try not to make all of your characters related to canon characters. That takes away from the originality that your characters could have...

These are just some pointers to help you out :) I started where you were and through practice and criticism I have been ale to shape my characters into what they are today... it wasn't easy but the journey is what it's all about anyways :pirate:

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2010, 9:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thanks for the advice. Its hard to do personalities because when ever I used too, i found I wasn't sticking to it. I was making them different then I intended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2010, 10:04 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Change isn't bad, you start your character one way and when you learn more about them they start to change. That is when you start to edit your bio. It is a never-ending process, ask any one of the RP players.

We've all changed our bios multiple times because our characters begin to change. Don't worry if your characters do the same, it's a good thing :)

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2010, 10:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thanks, I never thought of it that way. Ok, I will start making them better. Let me know how i do with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2010, 7:54 am 
Istari
Istari

As a example of what the others have said above Misa, I have a(n embarrassing) treat for you: Andrea's original bio.

Quote:
<center> Andrea (Arhn-dreh-arh) Nightingale
(Andy, Ria)</center>

Pictures:
Andrea 1
Andrea 2
Andrea 3
Andrea 4
Andrea 5

Siblings:
None

Parents: Mercy Phillips [Mother], Diederick Nightingale [Father][Both Deceased]

Date of Birth: November 17th

Hair: Long golden blonde.

Eyes: Grey-Green

Apparel: Black pants and boots, white puffed shirt, black underbust corset.

Personality: Andrea is very hard-headed and argumentative. She will go to any lengths to accomplish her own ends. Things will go her way, or else. She dislikes any person of authority and isn’t afraid to show it. Andrea does have a softer side, but it is rarely seen.

Weapons: Although her mind and mouth are her best weapons, she carries with her a broadsword, small dagger and a pair of pistols.

Background/History: Andrea’s parents moved to Port Royal from Ireland when she was two. She was brought up to have good manners and a sense of propriety. As a girl she loved to ride and spent most her days with her horse Briah. One day, at the age of 12, an argument broke out between her and her parents. Angry and upset, Andrea rode off into the forest on Briah to help clear her head and calm down. When she returned 3 hours later, she could see dense black smoke billowing from her house. Her parents both perished in the fire which was caused by one small knocked over candle. Andrea was then sent back to Ireland to live with her father’s brother. On the journey there she learnt how to sail. After living with her uncle for 8 years, she decided to return to the Caribbean to visit her parent’s graves. However, on her return to Ireland, the ship she was on hit a storm and was broken apart. Andrea drifted for 2 days before being rescued by Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew. Although she hated authority, she made a deal with the Captain to work of her debt aboard his ship. A few months later the Black Pearl set out to find the dreaded Isla de Muerta and there was a mutiny. Captain Sparrow’s first mate, Hector, left Jack to die on an island and went after the treasure of the Isla de Muerta himself. Andrea secretly admired his daring and could see he was once a decent gentleman. The treasure, as it turned out, was cursed and for 10 years the crew of the Black Pearl could not revel in the pleasures of life, nor did they age. After pillaging her old home of Port Royal, they discovered who they thought was the child of Bootstrap Bill Turner, one of the crewmen they sent to Davy Jones’ Locker after he protested the mutiny of Jack, however, they turned out to need Bootstrap’s blood to lift the curse. After a series of whirlwind events, Andrea found herself once again mortal, laying face up and unconscious in a shallow pool inside a treasure ridden cave on Muerta and lying slightly away from her was Barbossa, dead. He had told her and Master Ragetti of how he had become a Pirate Lord one night and she had been enthralled by the tale. She knew he had not been able to pass on his Piece of Eight for she knew that Ragetti had it safe (most of the time) in his eye socket. She lamented for her captain as they had grown quite close during the long 10 years they were cursed. Suddenly she was struck with an idea; she would take Barbossa to Tia Dalma, an Obeah witch who lived on the Pantano River. After just about managing to half drag, half carry him to an abandoned longboat, she rowed the pair of them to the Pelegosto Island and up the river to Tia Dalma’s hut. Tia seemed quite happy to restore Barbossa to the land of the living but she still demanded payment from both Andrea and Barbossa himself. Andrea agreed, but because she didn’t have anything she could physically bargain with, she was forced to give something of much more worth: she forfeit the ability to bare children. At the time, she didn’t think of it as such a big sacrifice; however, it was enough for the Obeah witch. She brought Barbossa back to the living and revealed herself to be the Sea Goddess, Calypso. The Captain’s payment was to make sure she was released from her human form in which she had been imprisoned by the Brethren Court. Together the three set out to World’s End to save Jack with the rest of the crew of the Black Pearl.

Other Notes: Shortly before Barbossa was brought back from the dead, Andrea realised she was in love with him, hence her awful sacrifice.
She refuses to tell him what her payment was.
Andrea and Hector's relationship is often a stormy one, full of debates and power battles. He admires her strength, passion and her spirit and is secretly very fond of her, that fondness later becomes a strange sort of love. He has made it no secret that his eye admires her - Barbea (Barh-beh-arh).
She has a strong Irish accent.
[color=wheat]

Personally looking back at that I'm badly cringing, but if you compare this to her current bio on my thread then you'll see just how much has changed.

The best way to build a bio (personality and all) is to use a template like this one:

Code:
<center> [b][size=22][color=wheat][Full Name][/color][/size][/b]
(Nicknames)</center>

[b]Pictures:[/b]
[url=]1[/url]
[url=]2[/url]
[url=]3[/url]
[url=]4[/url]
[url=]5[/url]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Siblings:[/b]

[b]Parents:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Date of Birth:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Apparel:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Weapons:[/b]

[b]Background/History:[/b]

[b]Other Notes:[/b]  [i][/i][

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2010, 10:38 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

^I must say it was a treat to read that. :P and it honestly wasn't that bad in the slightest. You guys should read Lotty's original bio. :blink: Talk about MS. :hide:

Also, Misa, along with the advice they've given I'd like to say that as you play them generally the characters will tell you where they want to go and who they want to be. It sounds absurd but I've found that they generally shape their own personalities and past. Like, they wake up, slap you, and say "no! I want to be like this!" so it is hard work but at the same time... the charries sort of become who they want to be and you cannot force them to be what they aren't (sorta like real people, I guess). :yes:

but, yeah, charries grow... just like people. :happy:

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2010, 1:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thank you so much guys. I will take it all into advise. I guess it was a bad idea to have them based almost completly off the characters I use to picture the, and have Anna act like I would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 1:34 am 
Maia
Maia

Improved my first two bios, take a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 11:28 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Misa, your bios look pretty good - I read over them and they look great - over time you'll find yourself adding more info and whatnot and revising like crazy. :P I like that Leila went out looking for Jack and died like that - it's sooo tragic. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 11:35 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thanks Ara. I'm Glad you like the bios, and the fate of the mother.

Post subject: Re: My Characters ((UPDATED))
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 10:54 pm 
Maia
Maia

Have a new bio up