Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2006, 6:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

*shifty eyes* Are you sure you're not talking about your own writing, Ea? *grins slightly* I must say you have a way with words too, and I thank you for your generous words. *takes a bow*

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2006, 7:50 pm 

Every word I spoke was meant for you. It seems I have become addicted to your work. *smiles wryly* And while I wait for more to come, I will enjoy your new... [insert fitting adjective of own choice here] banner, Yihaa!! *shifty eyes* Nah, just kidding.. beautiful work as always!!

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2006, 9:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

*chuckles and grins* Thanks, though I believe the proper way to say it is... "Yeehaw!" Muwahaha ^^ I'm a well seasoned cowgirl *chuckles* And no, I do not ride a horse dressed like that *points at banner* Too risky for the skin *grins slightly* Anywho... thanks again for the generous words! See you around hopefully

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 9:38 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hmm..yes, if you count journal pages, you do have the longest bio...
Congratulations to you and Aemornion...I wish you peace, love, happiness, and all that jazz. Speaking of Aemornion, I haven't seen him recently. Have you? Of course, only recently have I resumed rping on tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 9:49 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

He's here, alive and kicking for most of his part!

Thank you for the kind wishes my friend, they come from a good person indeed and are one of a kind!

Considering the Tag, I'm rather inactive lately because I'm stuck with work and to be perfectly honest the crowd I see there gives me less and less will to visit it. But when I need to waste time, I'm there, waiting for the normal folk to appear...

Take care mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 12:36 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

*chuckles and smiles* Thank you for your ever kind words, Aedail, it's good to see you again lately and hopefully we can all come together sometime soon!

Take care, and that goes for you as well, Aemornion *smiles*

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2006, 12:59 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I wanted to add upon the story of Silm/Dhod's mother's beginning... Arivain... so here it is... a little something I felt like writing and I shall lengthen the end and give it more story... I was bored, in need of a lift, and I couldn't sleep, so here it is...

In the far north there dwelt a star in the midnight sky, given the name Ruaathiat, when first began the second age, and it became its brightest on the five-hundredth year, when Sauron had begun to stir. In that time there wandered a maiden, secret and cunning, her form light and swift, while her features were fair, and her sea-grey eyes lit with the light of stars. Flaxen hair, trailed and highlighted with a silver hue like that of the moonlight glistening upon the smooth bark of a silver beech, framed the gentle and delicately pale features. She was a sword maiden, wielding a blade fair and strong, yet of what origin, none knew, and by way of her sly manner and crafty ways, the maiden was forgotten by many and her story was lost.

Clasped to the neck of this maiden, there rested a pendant, a blue oblong crystal, with a depth none could see the end of, but to her it was a pool of vision. It was entwined with the lightest and most pure of silver which formed a star of six rays, yet all delicately crafted, as though no flaw could ever exist in such a piece.

An elven lord of that time, Gelmir Helyanwe, a craftsman of sword and a keeper of lore, witnessed the arrival of this fair maiden to newly founded Imladris, during the seventeen-hundredth year of the second age, and her fairness was then noticed, for she bore stronger features than did most elven-kind, and grace was in her step, though strength was seen within her eyes. He came to believe she was of the Valar, or even a star come to dwell among his kindred, and sadness was in him when she parted after only a few years, but determined to know more of this maiden, he followed her step, even though her path took her far.

When his path met with hers, she divulged to him her name, Arivain, which he knew well meant “Silver Spirit”, and Rualanna, a meaning that puzzled and intrigued him, for it translated “Star Daughter” He questioned her of this, and finding trust within the elven lord, she relieved of herself the burdening secret, and thus it was revealed that she was one, born of the stars, coming to dwell among the elven kind, though she knew not the reason, and was ever in search of the truth behind her task unseen. In the days and years to follow, he went ever with her in her search, yet only the dark rumors and the news of discontent growing among the Numenoreans was heard and found.

Then came a day when the maiden and the lord were forced to part, as his kindred called him, and her search called to her to continue. On that day she gave to him the jewel which dwelt clasped around her neck and it was told to him by Arivain that the gem held her life within it, the life and light of the Ruaathiat, wrought of the stars, and guardian to those who were bound to the stars held within the fair pendant. To him she murmured words of devotion to his heart before she parted, and ever did he long to follow, but he knew his way was of an opposite destiny.

Their paths, however, were not parted forever, and before the thirty-hundredth year of the second age, they met once again, and to his heart such joy was brought, as it was to hers alike, and they were soon wed, for no longer, spoke Gelmir, could he dwell apart from her and she spoke the same to him. Yet before they were bound in marriage, Arivian had taken on a form more akin to an elf-kindred, her hair now dark and eyes of a more umber color, for such was the gift to do so, given to her of the stars, as she forsook her true star-born form.

As they dwelt quietly, little did they know that in Arivain’s search for truth and her destiny, she brought with her a dark shadow to their lives. Yet in a year of bliss, to them were born two sons, whom they named Erthloren, and Lethlorn, but the first of darkness struck when the younger of the twins, Lethlorn, was taken while they were resting through the dark hours of the night.

To Gelmir’s dismay, Arivain grew angered and her long forgotten wanderlust again burned within her as she despaired and went in search of her taken son, but he followed, faithful to his bond. In her travels the star maiden uncovered more truths to what lay behind her task, though it brought her deeper and closer to the darkness which dwelt still beyond her knowledge, a darkness overshadowed by that of Sauron, causing the silent threat to remain unseen. Yet Gelmir convinced Arivain to relinquish her search and take rest, to return to raise their elder son, Erthloren.

The fall of Sauron brought ease to their minds, and it was in the first year of the Third Age that Arivain gave birth to a girl, whom she named Dhodrimme Rualanna, though for reasons only known to her, she insisted that her given name be kept silent, while upon the infant was bestowed the second name Silmarwen Idril. Yet fate struck again, as Arivain was mysteriously slain while returning from a visit to Imladris, leaving Gelmir with a son and a daughter to raise on his own. Sadness was in him, for he had held her as she slipped beyond the life they knew together, but her final words beckoned him to pass to their daughter the destiny of her star-born mother, for such was the fate of that line ever more. He swore to this request that he would fulfill it faithfully, and with a gentle whisper of farewell, he placed a parting kiss against her lips before she faded.

In the years that followed, Gelmir, as an Elven-silversmith, crafted the finest of swords, and as Silmarwen grew, she was ever fascinated by the skill in the crafting of such steel, watching also as her father taught Erthloren, her elder brother, how to master blade and bow. She too insisted on learning these skills, and though Gelmir was reluctant to do so, he began to instruct his young daughter as well. She and her brother would often spar, calling it a match many times, while her eyes glinted with an ember glow to the ring of the steel, as though she were born to such skill.

With pride the father looked on upon his children, his son, strong and tall, much akin to his father, while his daughter held the elven-form of her mother in her features, her hair aflame when the sun danced upon it, and her eyes alive with the life that dwelt there. Still Gelmir carried the Ruaathiat gem close to his heart, and when he knew the time was right, he gave to Silmarwen the pendant, and with it, the truth of the existence and being of her mother.

Curious was she at first, to what still lay behind the story as well as what remained to be discovered, and thus was the first inkling of wanderlust placed upon her spirit, but she did not discover it fully until the death of her father, who was slain as he was journeying to Lorien, and so began her wanderings. For the many years that followed, Silmarwen would not remain in one place for long, ever in search of the truth behind her mother’s slaying, and not knowing the true name which dwelt upon her spirit, nor the destiny she would discover...

During the Third Age she was witness to the rise and fall of many, and the years drew past, wearing heavy upon her, yet still she bore the gem, a keeper of her own life, the deepest secret of the mysteries to her past, her mother’s past, and her destiny to come.

~Cyclist in Training~