Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2006, 4:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

yeah, same here. I am VERY happy with where I am now because I have a christian family, a mostly christian comunity, country, a fairly easy life, and all around I am very blessed to be where I am.

But I still try to make things better, do some things different and so on.

But I think that is how God uses us. Because if we were to always stay where we are now that would more than likely get in the way of His planns.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 4:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

I think the reason God bumps us out of our "comfort zones" is so that we can see Him working, and know that it's not us having an impact, it's Him... He wants to continually change us... I heard this song, the lyrics are really good, especially this bit- "Let it never be a question that I love you as you are/ but I love you far to much to leave you as you are..."
It's pretty awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 7:43 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Agreed, I do belive that is acurate. It hard alot of times to not think inwardly.

*rea song line again* Yeah, that's a nice line. What song is that from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 5:57 pm 
Elf
Elf

*plays song and sings along*
It's called "Stand your Ground" its on this celtic worship cd that i got from somewhere. its a really good song :)
"For to be the overcomer that I want you to become/ means I'm gonna have to give you things to overcome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 6:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Cool. I have one celtic worship cd but I don't see the that often. I like all kinds of musci though....

By the way I was going to tell you about his guy Michael Rood.
He talks about the bible from a jewish prespective and goes back to allot of things that would make sense in those days but owuld not here. There are ALOT of interesting facts and things me and my family ahve learned by watching his tapes.

Allot of theese things I feel are things that all christians should know so I would incourage you to take a look at it. His website is,

http://www.michaelrood.com/ or try http://aroodawakening.org/

Well, I just thought I would let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2006, 10:58 am 
Elf
Elf

Yeah, things can get so muddled when you take them out of context. A friend of mine showed me an article that was based on Romans 2, and it tried to prove that you could get into heaven based on good works. I had to show her that the chapter was part of Paul's argument about why only faith could get you right with God. I'm praying that she really thinks about what I said, because she really needs God in her life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2006, 11:04 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah I have herd people talk about that stuff before. I will try and remmeber to pray for her as well. Let me know what you think of this guy I told you about if you look into it. And feel free to ask any questioins you might have about it and I will do my best to answer them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 12:24 am 
Elf
Elf

*looks at site*
Hmmm... seems kosher (lol). But seriously, I wish they had a bit more bio posted. It's great that he is researching the context of the Bible, and as long as he is scripturally sound, I have no issue with it. In looking at anything, I think we just have to remember that God and his Word are the only real, undisputable Truth, and anything that contradicts them is not.
I would like to go to Israel someday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 3:08 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah I agree with that. The only that can be completly true is God and since the bible was writen by him it's all true. (besides the parts that have been mistranslated in the new testiment)

There are several things that the guy talks about including the origens of christmas and Easter. They are realy not christian holodays and infact started with sun god worship..... most people me and my family have told about this do not believe it.... but I guess that's a choice we all have to make for ourselves.

( I read part of your book off the website I realy liked it! I think you did a great job on it! are you intending to get it published?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 3:33 pm 
Elf
Elf

It is true that the times and possibly the ways in which the secular world celebrates the two holidays are inspired by pagan festivals. I think as long as I keep the true meaning of them in mind, I will celebrate them at those times, because that's when everyone is thinking about it. Easter is easier to place, timewise, than Christmas. Ressurrection Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year.

Kewl that you read the excerpts. I would like to get it published but I don't really have time right now for extensive revision, and I need to make some contacts ... so what did you think? (specifically)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 3:44 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Well, I by no means will try and tell anyone what to do with the information but I will say this. God told the Isrealites to come out of the pegan sun god worship and have nothing to do with it. Allso that's why the people in the land of Cannan were all to be killed because they took part in it. Also the bible gives specific rules as to the feasts of the LORD and how we are suposed to celibrate him and stuff. And trust me there are some things (that I woun't go into) that are REALY sick about LOTS of the traditions with Christmas and easter. And they both have feasts of the LORD to celibrate them alreadys so.... I will not state anything concreat but I would urge you to at least take a look at the matirial and and pray VERY hard about it and make the decision you think God want's you too. *shrugs* I just personaly feel like there is so much evidence to suport it that sometimes it's actualy hard for me to understand why people doupt it but I know it's hard for lots of people to accept those things. I just hope I can do the right thing in the situation. But there is stil alot of stuff that I think is important that he talks about besides that stuff so...

Honestly I loved it very much! For me it is very hard to find a book that I can actualy "get into" Infact there has only been one other one I have read that I could which was "Daybreak-
2250 A.D" I doupt you have red it but it was cool.

It sounds like a book that I coudl actualy read more than 4-7 pages at a time in. (which can be alot for me sometimes... lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 2:05 am 
Elf
Elf

I think one thing you should keep in mind is that the feasts and the rules were celebrated under the Old Covenant, with sacrifices and offerings. The Old Covenant was a foreshadowing, a symbol, of what God would do through His perfect sacrifice. Now that sacrifice has been made, once and for all, and we are no longer under the Old Covenant, but under the New Covenant of grace. Paul wrote about this when he dealt with legalism in the early church, when ppl paid too much attention to the rules, instead of focusing on the love and forgiveness of Christ. So I'm not worried about whether it's a sin to celebrate Christmas on Dec. 25, or whatever, because I am honoring God first and foremost.

Awesome that you liked the novel excerpts. Hmmm... I wonder if you'd like to take a look at the whole thing, since I need some feedback. The last person I sent it to never got back to me :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2006, 7:05 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah I know. It's not something that is required and he (Michael Rood) goes into that somewhere. But I do think it is important to sever our conections to the pegan holidays. Since only God can sactify anything man can't sanctify the pasts that the holidays are tied to. So in a sense they are still a shadow of what once was and are conected. And it says not to do as the heathen and say you are doig it to God. And while the feasts are shadowpictures of things past they are also of things to come when Jesus returns. Although whether you want to selibrate the Jewish estivals or not I think there is some very important stuff there. At leasts that's the way I see it so... (granted no one will ever have ALL the right views)

I talked to a guy that had publisheda few things and he said you should NEVER let anyone (even family) see your stories without making them sign a contract that says they will not ask for money if you get it published. (his example) Sister Jane= "I told him to kill this guy and he did it. Give me money!"

Although I know I can trust may family and am sure you can trust people as well but just something for you to thin about when showing your matirial to others.

I would be glad to read it and tell you what I think of it. (even if you do want me to sign a contract. lol) But I will warn you.... If you send it to me I am a slow reader (very slow) so it might be a while before I finish it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 2:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

No matter what we do, we can never completely throw off the leftovers of paganism and sin, because we live in a fallen world. (for example, we'd have to stop calling the days monday, tuesday, etc, and then nobody would know what we were talking about - so one has basic communication issues as well) It's important to remember that we are "in the world, but not of it"

Yeah, legal rights are definately something to think about :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 5:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah I know. But I have quit calling the days by there names except when I am talking to people outside my family. (most of the time sometimes I still call them the names out of habit) I don't think everyone should do that it's just something I decided to do individualy. To me if you can.... why not? But the more I learn of other people the more different than other people I find I am so....

And as far as christmas goes I was just fine with not doing it but my mom had lots of problems with it. And at first looking at it from my point of view I could not understand why she had problems with it. But I have a history of have really depressing and unlikeable christmases.... but that's a long story that I woun't bore you with. lol

That guy I told you about gave a bunch of advice and steps and stuff for if you want to publish a book... I read them through like 5 times and still didn't get everything... So yeah, there is alot to that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2006, 9:33 pm 
Elf
Elf

Personally, I love Christmas. It's a wonderful time to sit back and be refreshed, and realize just how much love God had to take on human form. What really gets me is how everyone is trying to be politically correct and call it "winter break". I remember going around saying "Merry Christmas" as often as possible :D

Hmmm... does this guy have the stuff posted on the net anywhere?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next