Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 6:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

When Kano arrived he saw the others making their way to the stew. He road up along aide Gaelrin. "I trust your ride did you and your horse both good?"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 7:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin was glad to leave the enemy behind, for she didn't understand why the Lady Athilda even desired to be near him or talk to him. She shuddered and forced back the haunting memories of the recent past then smiled as she saw Kano ride up next to her.
"Aye, sir. It felt good to bond with her again. It was as if we were able to give each other the strength to go on when we felt we were lacking. How was your ride?"

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 9:47 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano smiled. "That's good. There is something about a good friend that helps you heal." he patted Sage on the side of the neck as his horse fell into gait with Sandy. "My ride was good," he answered with a smile. "It's nice to be able to move like that... even if it is only on horseback."

PostPosted: May 20th, 2017, 9:17 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"My love, it matters not you have nothing. for you indeed have much. That you give yourself to me is worth more than anything. I love you Athilda, and evermore will I love thee. I will give you what I have when we marry, and all I have will then be yours."

Dunhama beamed with excitement with this time with his beloved. He gave her a long hug that lasted longer than he, she, or anyone realized. When King Theoden, Prince Eomer, and Princess Lady Eowyn arrived, the two were still bound as one in embrace. The westering sun set the two aglow in its long yellow rays. Dunhama ran his fingers through Athilda's beautiful dark hair, and his smile could not be restrained. He sighed and finally said to her,

"My love, our day comes ere tomorrow eve. All hail to the King and Rohan, for thy beauty arises amongst these lands! I love thee Lady Athilda, and I will be the most blessed man in Rohan when I marry thee! Let us forget the darkness of our time this day, for my day is the brightest the day I wed you!"

Dunhama brushed Athilda's hair by her ear, and sighed. He looked aside for a moment, then looked into Lady Athilda's eyes. He said,

"I know not what this strange aura is between you and Wulgov that I sense, and I don't know if it would be right to have Wulgov stand with us at our wedding, but he is the only strand that holds me to my father's heritage. I am Rohirrim, and will serve Rohan to the end of my days. But if you would prefer he not be there on our one day, then say. If it be accepted by you my love, then I would have him stand in our honour when n I take you as wife."

Dunhama took a deep breath as he looked deep in Athilda's eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 20th, 2017, 10:37 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes and savored the feeling of being wrapped in Dunhama's embrace. She longed to be near him always and to forget all of the darkness of the past few days, and indeed, as they stood, her heart began to fill with joy and warmth.
As he began to speak of his uncle, Athilda felt her heart begin to loose it's warmth and she felt her cheeks blush from shame. She shifted her gaze and stared at the collar of his shirt for a few moments in thought.
"Dunhama I....you must forgive me for taking such an interest in your uncle. I know not why I am drawn to him except for the fact that I find him somehow separate from his fellow comrades. He helped me when I was being attacked and...well...perhaps I feel indebted to him. Perhaps."
She paused as this sudden epiphany and sighed, then looked back into Dunhama's eyes.
"Please forgive me for holding such interest in your uncle. Dunhama, my heart belongs to you and it will forevermore. No man will ever hold my heart or have my love, for from the moment I met you, both were yours to keep."
Athilda smiled sincerely and reached up her hand to caress his cheek.
"I love thee, Dunhama."
She rested her other hand on his shoulder and kissed him gently on the lips. When she pulled back, she smiled again and gazed deeply into his eyes.
"The decision of whether or not your uncle stands with us on our wedding day lies solely with you. He is your uncle and the only connection to your family so if you wish to have him there, then you can say so and it will be."

PostPosted: May 21st, 2017, 7:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As the evening drew to a close the people of Edoras began returning to their old lives as best they could. For some, that was not an option, for many had lost loved ones and "normal" ceased to exist for them.

For Kano... he wasn't sure what normal was really. He had never had a normal.

He bid Gaelrin farewell and went to set up in one of the makeshift tents for those who didn't have a house to go to.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 7:02 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama sighed. He leaned to Athilda and gave her a kiss. He said,

"Well, he may be my father's brother, but he is not my father. And maybe with this war with the Dunlandings over now, maybe I should let this be as well."

He brushed away a wayward lock of hair from Athilda's cheek, and smiled. Wulgov was in his own way special to her, so he said,

"Wulgov will be there if he so chooses my Love."

With the sound of a horn The King approached. Already he was ordering his realm in preparation of a celebration. It would be a wonderful evening!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 26th, 2017, 12:17 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda could tell that her words weighed heavily on him and even as there lips met, she felt as though something was on his mind. When she pulled away, she gazed into his eyes and saw what she feared, but before she could say anything, the King approached. As he passed by, she dipped her head and curtsied, then smiled and looked at Dunhama.
"Soon, milord, you shall call me wife."

PostPosted: May 26th, 2017, 3:08 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

It would indeed be soon! Dunhama smiled and all thought and care about anything else slipped away as he embraced Athilda. He said,

"Come m'lady! There is much to do in Meduseld, for it was left pretty quickly and is in need of some tending."

He took her hand and they walked toward the Golden Hall in hopes of getting there before the King, Marshal Eomer, and Lady Eowyn. When they got to the back of the hall, Dunhama stopped and turned to Athilda and gave her a long slow kiss. He let himself slip away in the moment when he heard someone coming. He sighed. Soon enough he thought as he smiled at Athilda. They started in to the great hall through the back kitchen door.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 28th, 2017, 3:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Once Kano was settled in to his tent he lay back his head for a moment of rest. Though it came it seemed troubled once more. After a brief and un restful nap he got up, certain he would not get more sleep.

Sage stood out side his tent contentedly and greeted him as he crawled out the low flap of the small one man tent. He fed the horse a few oats and then climbed on and walked about the place seeing what was to see.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 4:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda follows her husband-to-be to the Golden Hall; soon they are in one of the back halls and she is melting as he kisses her long and deep. Her eyes open at the sound of the King's voice and she sighs as he releases her. She doesn't want to be apart from him, for she feels herself longing for him, but she smiles, knowing that he feels this way too.
As they walked through the kitchen and out into the main hall, Athilda curtsies and dips her head as the King and his party walks in. Eowyn sees her and walks up to her, smiling, but with many instructions. "And we must see to your wedding dress." The Lady whispered quietly.
Athilda nodded and followed her into the inner chambers, where she began to work on tidying up and finding clean sheets and blankets.
----------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin had been helping unpack things for the other townspeople and watched over her younger brother when she looked up to see Kano riding around. She smiled fondly at him, but calmed herself before she rode over to him.
"Good day, Kano. You seem...." she paused as she noticed the dark circles under his eyes, then she looked sadly into his eyes.
"Could you not sleep? I....ever since my parents....fell...I haven't been able to sleep a wink."

PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 11:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked to his right as a rider approached and he soon recognized it as Gaelrin. He smiled and greeted her, but as her words changed to a mood that closer matched his than his expression and smile... his smile fell. He shook his head softly. "No... I have only had a single night since the battle that I could sleep." He gave a sorrowful yet sympathetic look as she mentioned her parents. "I'm sorry... I know what it's like to loose one's parents... just in a different way. It's not easy and I," he paused and shrugged. "I'm afraid I have little consolation to offer, though I wish I could offer comfort or reassurance of some kind. Your brother and you did not deserve such a fate."

PostPosted: May 31st, 2017, 9:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin looked at him with gratitude and sorrow in her eyes.
"I thank you for your kind words. I know you don't think they help, but...I assure you, the sentiment that you give does." A sigh escapes her lips and she pushes back a piece of her hair.
"I am sorry to hear that you lost you parents....and that you haven't been able to sleep."
She paused for a moment as if wondering whether she should tell him her thoughts or not. She does.
"I...I'm not sure if it would help, but...you are always welcome to me and my brother's tent. "

PostPosted: May 31st, 2017, 10:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked over at Gaelrin with genuine surprise but a well pleased expression. "I thank you very kindly, Gaelrin... but there is much about me that is not all that it seems. I have a... troubled past that still effects my present and perhaps my future."

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 8:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin searched his expression for any sort of clue as to what his 'past' might be, but she decided to forego the search. Perhaps all would be revealed in due time.
"We all have a past, Kano. It is only the decisions we make today that shapes our future."
She smiled kindly then nodded towards their camp.
"Come, perhaps you could show me more of those leg exercises and...maybe even how to wield a sword?"

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 11:51 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked up from his hands that grasped the reins and gazed into Gaelrin's eyes for a long moment. She seemes sincere and trustworthy...something he rarely saw in the few eyes he dared to peer deeply into.

"Thank you," he said with a nod. "I would be honored." He moved Sage alongside Sandy and road with her back to camp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 45  Next