Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 3rd, 2024, 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: From Night to the Edge of Day
PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 1:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna opened her eyes. Dark circles had appeared under them, and her skin was abnormally pale. She grimaced as she stood, the pain kicking her in the side again.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 3:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn took hold of one of Luna's arms. "Easy," she whispered softly, in attempt to not startle her. "If you have the energy for it...I would very much like to talk with you. Would join me for a walk? Or perhaps you would like to sit..." Marylyn added, taking in Luna's posture, the way she held herself, screamed that she was in agony. "Perhaps even a trip to the healing ward? Just a check over..." she added hastily.

Markus walked over to the window, and rested his head against the pane. "Things were so simple, mere weeks ago. What a mess it all is now..." He sighed heavily.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 3:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna was too tired and too in pain to argue. She simply nodded. She walked slowly beside Marylyn. "I'm so..sorry." she whispered. "I couldn't...help."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 3:44 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn was thinkful that the healing wing was not far from the library. She feared that Luna would not be able to stand much longer. Once in the healing wing, Marylyn led her to a bed and helped her to get comfortable. "I will accept no apology from you Luna. You owe me no such apology." Marylyn sank into a chair beside Luna's bed. "You have nothing to make up to me and nothing to fix. Haldir died by his own actions and his alone. He knew what he was doing. I need to make my peace with the consequences of those actions. You will find no help or solace in those books, Luna. I have already tried. There is no quick way to get through this. We just have to do the best we can and move on bit by painful bit. I do appreciate what you have done though. It means very much to me." Marylyn looked up from her hands.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 4:36 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna nodded. "But I am...sorry...that it happened.." her eyes began to glaze over. "I wish...I could have done..more." she whispered. She turned her head to look at Marylyn. "Whatever I can do...just tell me."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 5:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Thank you," she smiled faintly. "I guess I will have to get used to the apologies," she sighed. "Thank you for your offer too. You have certainly done enough though. There is one thing that I want though. I want for you to get better. Heal. I will try and do the same." Her arms folded over her stomach protectively.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 6:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Of course..." she murmured, relaxing back against the pillows. Now she just felt foolish. She fisted her hands into the sheets out of frustration.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 6:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Hey now..." Marylyn reached up and drew her Luna's hands from her face. "What's the matter?" Her eyes were wide with concern.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 7:33 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna shook her head and relaxed her hands. "Nothing." she swallowed. "It's nothing."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 10:55 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sirel joined Markus at the window. "There are some things we can't change, no matter how much we want to. We can't go back to those simple times. But we can hold on to those memories to carry us through the complicated times."

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 4:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"It can't be nothing." Marylyn said raising from her chair. "Are you running a fever?" She asked, placing her cold palm against her forehead. "Are you in pain?" Her own forehead creased with worry. "I'll go and fetch a healer. Just you relax." Marylyn walked of swiftly and soon returned with a healer.

The healer scrutinised Luna. "I daresay you are in a great deal of pain. That's what happens when you run yourself ragged little lady." He frowned slightly as he tended to some of Luna's would. "I recommend bed rest...At least until some of these heal up." The healer stood and administered some herbal medicine. "Do you need something to help you sleep?" He asked, glancing to Luna.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 4:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I don't know why I keep doing that. Grr...)

Markus tore his eyes from the landscape and looked to Sirel. "Those are wise words, my friend." He frowned again. "We will need many great memories to pull us out of this sorrow. I only hope we have enough." Markus fell silent for a few moments, his eyes roaming the forest idly. "I meant to apologis for your loss. Did you know Haldir well?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2012, 9:13 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[i could have sworn I posted again ages ago :| ]

Sirel nodded slowly, talking past the lump in her throat. "Yes... He was a good friend to all of us in Imladris. When he would visit Imladris, Elladan, Elrohir, and I would always go down to the river with him and have a picnic that usually involved one of us getting shoved into the river. I like to think of us as being close friends, despite the distance between us."

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 12:26 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna's eyes wouldn't focus. She felt disoriented, confused, and helpless to the pain and heat that ravaged her body. Sleep. He had said something about sleep. "Yes." she croaked. "Markus?" she whispered next, not even knowing why.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 4:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I only knew of him, I was never privileged enough to have known him. I only learned that he and my sister were an item when we arrived here," he spoke with some regret. "I wish I had known him. At least then I could tell my niece or nephew all about their father. Keep the memory of him alive." He sighed heavily.

Marylyn grasped Luna's hand. "I'm here, Luna. You're going to be okay," she promised watching her body writhe in pain. "Is there nothing you can give her? A sedative at least?" She asked the healer, who in turn, looked frantically through his pouch. It only then registered with Marylyn then that Luna had asked for Markus. "I'll go get him. Hold on!" she called hurtling herself out of the door and back to Markus's room.
On arrival, her chest was heaving trying to find breath. She walked into the room without knocking. She composed herself enough to say: " Healing wing...Luna...Wants you," she stared at Markus until he high-tailed it to Luna.

Markus arrived in moments. Clasping Luna's hand, he stated into her pain stricken eyes. "I'm here. I'm here now." He spoke soothingly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 10:00 am 
Istari
Istari

She gripped his hand tightly, choking air into her lungs as she tried to speak. "Don't...go." the pain was taking over. If she were a betting kind of she elf she would bet there was an infection. She brought Markus' hand to her fevered cheek and held his cool skin against hers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next