Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Long Road
PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 3:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel nodded. "Yes, you probably should tell him." her eyes turned thoughtful. "You say you've grown apart...why?" she leaned her chin in her hand.

Lairiel sat down cross legged, facing him. "You love her, right?" she folded her hands and rested them on her legs. "I know you do. You don't need to be the 'romantic' or what I call 'mushy'. You just have to show her that you love her in your own way."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 3:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"We all learned something about me that we did not expect. Lairiel does not know what to make of it and so takes no notice of it. Morohtar does not know how or why I came to have..." she leaned in closer. "Certain powers...There is no reason or rhyme to it. Certainly not from anything I can fathom. Morohtar is scared of the unknown. I guess that's a reason we grew apart. We had been apart for a very long time too...It is hard to pick up where we left off, when we both assumed each-other would be dead."

"I do love her. She is just not so easy to read.." he sighed, laying his head on his knees. "How do I show her how I feel? Do you think we seem out of touch? I am sure we used to be much closer..."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 4:22 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel tilted her head. "It is not easy. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try." she took Holly's hands. "It seems to me that you are almost afraid of trying. Or is it a fear of failing?"

"I'm not really good with those types of things." Lairiel looked away. "You just tell her. And you may both seem out of touch..so to speak. Honestly, you've seemed to clam up on her and her on you ever since her gifts came out."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 4:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly stared at Mariel's hands. "I would not say I have been rejected, but I have lost many people in my life. I do not wish to lose more. I do not wish to fall for them, trust them and then watch them leave. If they are going to leave, I rather they do it swiftly." Holly lowered her eyes. "What if it does not work for us? We were friends before. I do not think we would get that back..."

"Those are no gifts. That is something born and nurtured by evil. She should not have those. I see no reason for her to have them. They are dangerous. She cannot control them." Morohtar sighed heavily.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 4:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

"I think you need to give love a chance." Mariel whispered. "Tell you what. Enjoy the party tonight, and see where that leads."

Lairiel's jaw tensed. "You're a fool to judge her on that. She saved our lives back there with her so called 'evil'. Get out of your own head and see the truth." Lairiel stood and stomped over to the vanity and grabbed her pipe, plus a full bottle of ale.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 5:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly nodded. "I cannot wait. I am not great on the dance floor, mind you. I remember some lessons I was forced into as a child. I daresay Morohtar will know his way round the dance floor though," she giggled excitedly.

"Come now Lairiel. As much as it saved us...It is not normal. I know I am not one to go on about normal." He flashed his claws. "I know these are evil though." He added darkly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 5:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel laughed. "Then we shall have to teach you!" she stood and grabbed their packages. "Let's go find some perfume. I know the perfect store!"

"Morohtar, stop being blind. Your claws are claws. Yes, they were created by evil. But They cannot be evil unless you make them that way, any more so than her powers are evil unless she uses them for evil! Can't you see the blood truth?" she lit her pipe then took a long drink of the ale.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 5:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly finished her soup and practically jumped off her seat. "You really are spoiling me Mariel. I will pay you back...eventually." Holly followed Mariel to the perfume shop.

"I just cannot work my head around it. I never met her parents. I do not know anything about them...Maybe her powers came from them. I just don't like it...I don't know what her powers are or why she has them. Will the get stronger? Will they take over her?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 6:23 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel make a shushing sound. "None of that talk! I don't want you to pay me back." she found the shop and ushered Holly inside. "Find what you like while I find some other things." she whispered. The store had a feminine feel to it, decorated in pinks and purples.

"And until that happens, do you need to know?" Lairiel slammed her hand down on the vanity. "You're just like the rest of them. Ready to betray the girl you supposedly love just because of one stupid complication." she snapped and stomped out of the door, slamming it closed.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 6:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly chuckled faintly and began to peruse the shelves. The shop assistant offered her some sheets of card to test the perfumes. She sprayed a couple. They were all so lovely. She wasn't sure what one to choose. There was a black bottle, with an intricate silver design. Holly spritzed it onto the card. "Found the one I like!" she called to Mariel.

Morohtar sighed heavily and drew himself up off the floor. He slumped into his own room and gathered some things. His mind was a mess, he needed some air. He needed some time. He placed a few of his belongings into a bag and left for the door.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Good! Place it on the counter! I am almost done..." she soon appeared with armfuls of perfume, shampoos, lotions, and bath supplies. "There!"

Lairiel heard his door, and could guess what was going on. She opened her window as she saw him leave. "You better be back for that bloody dance! I swear to the gods I will hunt you down of you don't!" she yelled after him, loud enough that she figured all of Rohan could hear her.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 7:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly crossed over to the counter and placed her perfume on top of it. "Thanks again Mariel. I think I have been needing this, more than I thought." She smiled warmly, placing her arm around Mariel. She hugged her gently.

Morohtar stared ahead, ignoring Lairiel's calls. He turned corner after corner until he was out of her sight. Once he was alone he stopped and sighed. What am I doing? He looked around the area idly. He began walking, with no intention of returning until his mind was clear.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 7:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel beamed and hugged her back before paying for the items. "Now. "Let's get you ready."

Lairiel cursed. "Bloody..." this was her fault. And Holly would probably hate her even more now. "Bloody hell!" she slammed the window shut.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 4:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly beamed excitedly. "We're home," she announced as they walked through the door. "Come see the wonderful things we found." She grinned at Mariel warmly. "Tea dear?" She asked as she pottered into the kitchen. She was light on her feet with the excitement.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 2:17 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel nodded graciously. "That would be fantastic! Thanks you! Let me go find Morohtar for you..." she smiled and headed up the stairs to his room. It was empty. Instantly she scowled and headed into Lairiel's room. More like stormed into it.

"What have you done?! Chased Morohtar off too?!" she seethed at Lairiel. Lairiel flinched. "It wasn't like that! I was trying to talk some sense into the boy! Trying to convince him that--!" Mariel interrupted. "I don't want to hear your excuses! I was going to invite you to the dance tonight, I even bought a dress for you! But no longer. You are not welcome in this house! Get out. Now."

Mariel turned on her heel and left, pasting a smile on her face as she came down the stairs. "Holly? I think Morohtar went for a walk..."

Soon Lairiel came down, her expression blank. She was carrying her belongings, and was dressed for the road. Without a word, she headed for the door.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 4:17 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly had set a tray, carrying the tea onto a table. "There was something about the way Mariel hesitated that rose Holly's suspicions. "Is everything alright?" Her eyes moved to Lairiel, who was heading for the door with all her belongings. "What is going on here?" Holly crossed the room and barred Lairiel's exit. "She stared at Mariel and Lairiel. "What's wrong?"

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next