Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Long Road
PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 10:03 am 
Istari
Istari

"Why don't you let Lairiel explain how she chased Morohtar off?" Mariel snapped, glaring at Lairiel, who openly flinched. "It wasn't like that...I swear, Holly, I-" Mariel huffed. "Save your excuses." she interrupted. "Holly, Lairiel is no longer welcome in this home."

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 4:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Mariel! Don't be hasty." Holly coaxed Lairiel to the soda. "Explain what happened. Please." Holly could hardly hear her own voice over her hammering heart. Morohtar was gone. He left. He doesn't love me. Probably never did. She swallowed heavily, waiting for Lairiel's explanation.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 12:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel took a deep breath. "Morohtar was confused. He is afraid your powers will corrupt you to evil. I told him that was not true, that unless you start using your powers for evil, it will not become evil, anymore than his claws that were created by evil make him evil. He left...I didn't mean for that to happen..I told him he should just give you a chance..." she shook her head. Again, she had ruined somebody else's life.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 2:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"That wasn't your fault Lairiel. Do not blame yourself." Holly stood and paced over to the window. "I knew he was having doubts. I did not know they were that bad...I did not know he feared me." Her fists clenched in anger. "He knows me. He should know that I could do no harm. How could he think I was capable of evil? Does our past together not count for anything?" Holly fought back her tears and stared out into the town.

Morohtar came round the path and let himself in to Mariel's home through the back door. He tucked keys into his pocket and lay the deeds to the new home he had purchased on the kitchen table. He walked into the living room and could instantly sense the tense atmosphere. He looked from Mariel, to Lairiel and finally his eyes came to rest on Holly.

Holly stared back, her eyes piercing his very being. If looks could kill, Morohtar would be a dead man.

"What have you told her?" Morohtar demanded of Lairiel.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 9:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

"The truth. No if you'll excuse me, I have just been kicked out for good." Lairiel brushed past everyone and strode out the door.

Mariel sighed. "She tried to do good, Holly.."

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 6:14 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar allowed his head to fall. His shoulders slumped in shame. "Lairiel!" He called, running after her and grabbing her arm. "Please don't leave. I have a feeling Holly will need your support right now."

Holly watched their interaction from the window. "I give Lairiel no fault in this. She was trying to help. Tried to make Morohtar see sense. You should not kick her out. Morohtar should be the one to leave."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 9:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel pulled her arm away. "If anything she needs your support! Tell her! Tell her you love her and put all her doubts and fears to rest. Don't you think that she'll be doubting it right about now? Get over yourself and actually grow some to tell her." Lairiel's eyes flashed.

Mariel shook her head. "I think you and Morohtar need to have a sit down conversation together. Do not make any rash decisions in your mind because of this. You don't know the full story, only what Lairiel has told you."

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 4:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar stepped back, looking as though he had been slapped across the face. "None of this easy Lairiel. You should know that." With a sigh he retreated into the house.

Holly looked to Mariel. "I will make no rash decisions about Morohtar, if you fix things with Lairiel. She is your friend. She needs your support."

Morohtar walked across to Holly and laid a hand on her shoulder. "I think we need to talk..."

Holly looked from his hand, along his arm to his shoulder and finally his eyes. She stepped back from his reach. "We do, but don't you dare touch me." Holly moved swiftly and took a seat.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 12:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel sighed, then walked out to Lairiel.

"You are far too quickly wearing your welcome thin, Lairiel." she hissed. "You're lucky. Holly has asked me not to throw you out like I should."

Lairiel crossed her arms. "Right."

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 5:23 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Out with it!" Holly snapped, glaring at Morohtar.

Morohtar flinched. "I'm sorry, Holly. I've been extremely foolish. I guess I was scared. Scared of the unknown." He scratched his neck nervously. "I have seen the error of my ways though. I went and bought us a home here. I have the keys and the deeds to it. We can move in straight away." His eyes were pleading. As soon as the conversation started he wanted it to end. He wanted more than anything to take back all that he said.

"Unknown?" Holly almost shrieked. "You know me. You have known me since I was a child. Have I ever exhibited evil in all that time? No! How can you not trust me?" Holly sighed heavily. "A house?! How do we go from you nearly leaving me to moving in together? We cannot brush this problem under the rug so easily. It's going to take work Morohtar. I thought you were gone. I thought you didn't love me."

Morohtar frowned deeply. "Holly what do you want me to say? I was a fool to think the way I was. I should know that you could never be evil. You're so loving." He crossed over to her and kneeled before her. "So caring," he took her hand. "So forgiving," he kissed her cheek softly. Hope was evident in his eyes.

Holly looked down at her hand. "A house is too soon. Let's start with a dance." There was a small smile on her lips.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 9:17 am 
Istari
Istari

Mariel glared at Lairiel still. "I'm giving you some money. You can stay in the local inn." she stormed back inside and walked to her purse and began digging into it for coins. Once she had the money, she went back out and held it out to Lairiel. "It'll get you one might. Then you're gone."

"I don't want your money." Lairiel shook her head and turned away.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 4:39 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"A...a dance? Oh the masked ball. Sure. Certainly." Morohtar pushed himself to his feet. He looked stiff and nervous as he held his hand out to Holly. "Let's go and see how Mariel and Lairiel are getting on." He walked Holly to the door and opened it.

"What's going on here?" Holly gasped. "Are you still throwing her out? Why?" Holly looked at Mariel with wide eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 12:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel turned. "She is staying at the local inn. She has interfered enough in your life and Morohtar's life."

Lairiel shook her head as she began to walk away. Funny how Mariel's temper could flare up sometimes.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Mariel iris your home and I do not wish to tell you how to run it. However I beg you to reconsider. The problem's in my relationship with Holly are down to us alone. If anything Lairiel has tried to help us. She has caused us no harm. I do not want her thrown out on our account." Morohtar pleaded softly.

"Yes," Holly agreed. "Lairiel bears no fault in any of this mess. Don't let us come between your friendship. Besides we all have a dance to go to tonight."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 12:33 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel's lips tightened into a thin line as she reguarded first Lairiel, and then the couple in front of her. She took a deep breath. "Fine. She can stay."

Lairiel blinked in shock and turned to stare at first Mariel, then Holly and Morohtar.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 1:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Come," Holly clapped her hands together and a smile spread across her lips. "I think we all need a good night out and right old laugh. Come on ladies, lets go and get ready." Holly made to move back into the house.

Morohtar frowned deeply, knowing such fun would not be so easy to come by considering the mess that was surrounding them. However, he did think a night out together would help ease some of the tension. He wondered at the tension between Mariel and Lairiel. What could cause such a friendship to be on such a knife edge?

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next