Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Long Road
PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 7:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel glanced at Lairiel, then followed Holly. Lairiel could get herself ready. "Holly? How would you like your hair done?"

Lairiel sank to the bench that sat near the path to the door, and she was silent. She lit her pipe, her eyes fixed on the road. She puffed away, thoughts distant.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 4:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar hovered by the door. "Lairiel I want to apologise to you. I acted like a child before. You were right." Morohtar sighed softly. "I put you in a position that jeopardised your relationship with Holly and Mariel. I shouldn't have involved you in such a matter." He shuffled his feet nervously. "I do see the error of my ways. I am going to try harder with...Holly." He swallowed nervously. He was never surprised at the unease that settled over him when he spoke to Lairiel. In a way he expected the flip in his stomach, the urge to smile and the racing heart. He wondered, however, what it meant. He used to be the same when he looked at Holly.

Holly smiled faintly, the nights events still a strain on her mind. "That would be great Mariel...That is if you don't mind?" She glanced over her shoulder at Mariel as she headed up the stairs to get changed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 15th, 2012, 12:48 am 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel puffed patiently on her pipe, quiet for a time. "You have nothing to apologize to me for." she replied, softly. "At least you have seen why I spoke to you as such." she straightened her back. "Apology accepted, though." her voice returned to its natural gruffness. "There is something you should know...Mariel and I are friends, yes. But our relationship is...strained, because we are half sisters." she fell silent, waiting for an outburst or some form of a reply.

Mariel smiled up at her. "Of course I do not mind! What styles do you prefer?" she hurried behind her up the stairs, then rushed around gathering brushes, pins, and all sorts of things to help Holly get ready.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 8:14 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I figured there was some form of connection between you too. For the fact you are sisters you do not make much space for each others feelings though. You are both so tense around each other. You should love and care for each other. You need those bonds to get you through everyday life." Morohtar rolled his eyes slightly. "Listen to me...What do I know? I nearly threw all that I had away because I could not understand it...maybe even didn't want to understand it. The things we nearly do for an easy life." He shrugged his shoulders. "Come on...we better get ready for this dance," his tone was far from enthusiastic.

Holly's eyes danced as she watched Mariel gathering hair products. "Maybe pin half up and let the rest free. Maybe some curls? Something simple. Or what do you think would suit?" She bit her lip nervously.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 12:10 pm 
Istari
Istari

"It's not that simple. I try, I really do..." Lairiel shook her head. "Ah, well...yes. Go get ready." she took another deep drag from her pipe.

Mariel pulled put a stool for Holly to sit on in front of the mirror. "Perhaps we should curl it, then pin it Sp it falls over one shoulder?" Mariel suggested, running her fingers through Holly's hair.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 1:10 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I said we...and I meant it," his voice turned mockingly stern. "You cannot expect me to do this on my own. I'm going to need some support." He chuckled faintly. "Lets agree to both try harder, maybe the people we love and care about won't be so disappointed in us." He shuffled his feet slightly. "Besides i'm going to need someone to tell me the truth. I know Holly is going to say I look handsome in this suit...I think i'll look like an idiot."

Holly beamed at Mariel's reflection. "That sounds brilliant, Mariel." She scrutinized her own complexion in the mirror. "You do my hair and make-up and i'll help you with yours. We'll be ready in no time. Then we can help Lairiel and Morohtar."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 10:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

"You're pre-judging. Let's actually take a look at the suit before you decide." she quirked an eyebrow at him in her light teasing, then finished one last drag on her pipe. She dumped the used tobacco out and stood. "C'mon. Let's get the torture over with."

Mariel's fingers paused. "I am sure Lairiel can get ready on her own." she picked up the brush and began parting Holly's hair. She set the iron in the coals to heat while she worked.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 6:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar raised his brows, chuckling faintly. "Lets just see shall we?" He stepped inside and picked up the two bags hanging over the back of the sofa. "This one is yours," he handed Lairiel the dress. "The torture begins," he winked playfully.

"I guess she can." Holly watched as Mariel worked. "I was just thinking it would be nice for the two of you to spend some time together. Reconnect you know? I can't imagine how long Lairiel has been away from home. You must miss each other."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:10 am 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel made a face, then carried the dress to her room. She unceremoniously undressed, then stepped into the dress and quickly adjusted it around her. "Damn thing fits like a damn tight glove." she growled under her breath. She washed her hair, deciding to let it dry in her natural waves, leaving it cascading down her back. She looked at the make-up, and cringed. She hated make-up. She gritted her teeth and applied it, then slipped the mask on. On second thoughts, she pulled the top half of her hair back, twisting and braiding it together. Finally, she stood and walked to the living room to wait for Morohtar, Mariel, and Holly.

Mariel didn't comment. It was as though she didn't hear at all. "Hold still while I curl here.." she said softly as she went to work on Holly's hair.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:40 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar took his suit to his room and dressed swiftly. He threw a cursory glance at his reflection in the mirror. Just as he thought. At face value he looked smart and elegant, save for the metal claws that protruded from his sleeves. In his everyday garb they would go unnoticed, for no one would notice him. Now they were plain as day as was he. He was sure to get some looks from the crowd tonight. He wondered what reflection of himself he would see in their terrified and judging eyes. He straightened the sleeves in an attempt to stretch them over his claws. He ran his fingers through his hair, willing it into place around his ears. With a cloth, he rubbed at the dirt on his face. Once he felt he was presentable enough he walked down the stairs to find Lairiel waiting for him patiently.
His jaw dropped before he could compose himself. "You...you look beautiful." His eyes widened slightly, but he soon found control over them.

Holly swallowed awkwardly. She could tell she had touched a nerve and thought it best to not press on it. Holding still, she reached over to the dresser and began to apply a light layer of make up. She blended her complexion carefully and lackered her lashes till they were sitting in a desired way that would give her a doe-eyed look.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel blinked. "What?" she spoke suddenly, not comprehending somethig she had hardly ever heard before. Then she jumped when she realized it was a compliment, and that she should respond as a lady would. "Uh...thank you. You look quite..decent yourself." having never paid any man a compliment in years, she found it awkward to so he looked handsome, which he did...she let her gaze wander over him. He really was strong, and still had the elven mystique and beaty about him...she kicked herself mentally. He was a friend. And he belonged to Holly, as his heart did. "Think you're ready?"

"That looks nice, Holly, you do that very well!" Mariel exclaimed as she observed the way Holly worked on her makeup. "Just a few more pins...and.." she paused, then stepped back. "There! Perfect hair!"

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 5:13 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar's eyes, in turn, moved over Lairiel. He had never noticed her curves before. In her usual garb she looked manly, but now...well it was clear to Morohtar that it was just to disguise the incredible beauty underneath. He cleared his throat awkwardly, gaining his composure. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. You?" He glanced upstairs wondering what was keeping Holly.

Holly tilted her head from side to side, admiring Mariel's work. "It's beautiful!" She beamed as she got up from the seat. "Your turn. What would you like?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 8:16 am 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel gave a slight nod, then went out on the dark porch to smoke her pipe again before the party. She lit it, then stared off as masked people ran by already, excited for the dance. She sighed. Couples ran by arm in arm, clearly happy together. She looked away, puffing harder on her pipe. It still got to her sometimes. But, she figured being an old maid wasn't so bad.

"Oh, just down with some waves in it. I'm not fancy." Mariel quickly grabbed her make-up and began powdering her face, applying eyeshadow to her eyes, and etc.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 8:31 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Name: Areanne
Race: Elf (Wood Elf of Mirkwood)
Appearance: She always wears a small black hooded cloak pinned with a silver four-pount star brooch. She has dark hair that frames her pale face and dark eyes that seem tired and full of unconscious fear. She is very thin and bedraggled, and often she prefers to keep hidden from others. To anyone's eyes she seems only a young girl, about twelve in man calculations.
Attitude: She is shy and skittish, and she prefers the dark. She tends to be melodramatic at times, and in cases where she is outnumbered, she will panic and often flee. Her history is her sore spot, and when asked about it she will often sink into gloom and sorrow. She prefers to lay low and out of sight, but sometimes she may bring herself to confront others- given they have at least a fair chance in a fight.
History: Her father went travelling when she was about fifty years old, and her mother, grief-stricken when he disappeared without a trace, never getting in touch, left the house. Her older sister Galadhdae followed some years after, and Areanne was left alone. She has a shack on the southern border of Mirkwood in the Ashenlands.
Weapon: Twin daggers at her belt.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 6:15 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Welcome Areanne :))

Morohtar waited patiently in the small living room. He perched himself on the edge of the love seat, rifling through one of Mariel's many books. He listened to the laughter outside of the house. It was sure to be a good night. He rolled his eyes.

Holly took her place behind Mariel, leading her into the seat. She reached over to the counter and clipped layers of Mariel's hair up. She began curling the bottom layer of her hair. "Excited for tonight? Perhaps we should see if we can find a suitable man for Lairiel." She chuckled faintly. Soon Mariel's hair was curled and falling about her shoulders. "Is that ok?" Holly asked nervously.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 9:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel turned her back to the couples walking by and bowed her head as sudden tears burned her eyes. "You bloody child." she growled at herself.

"It's perfect. Now shall we go see your man?" Mariel stood and grinned at Holly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next