Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Formality and Frivolity
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Set in the Palace of Mirkwood on April 26th of the year 2063, also known as the year that the Watchful Peace began. Every year on this date, no matter what the circumstances are, there is a ball/celebration held in the Palace. Elves from all the elven Kingdoms are always invited, and though it is a very formal affair, most elves enjoy themselves. You can play almost any elf you can think of, and original characters are also welcomed. The characters I will be playing are Legolas and my two oc's, bios below. If joining with original characters, please post your biographies like I have.

Characters:
Name: Aradan
Meaning: Noble Man
Date of birth: 3,430 of the Second Age.
Race: Elven
Appearance: Tall with a lean build, Aradan has short-cropped blond hair and grey eyes.
Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/ ... Aradan.jpg
Attire: Depends, usually clothes more befitting a ranger than a Prince of Mirkwood.
Weapons: A standard longsword and longbow, as well as several daggers he carries with him at all times.
Family: Thranduil(father), Aerwen(mother, deceased), Legolas(younger brother), Elwen(younger sister)

Name: Elwen
Meaning: Maiden of the Stars
Date of birth: 1,050 of the Third Age.
Appearance: She is tall and slender, with reddish-brown hair and brilliantly clear blue eyes.
Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/ ... ealing.jpg
Attire: Depends..most often 'ranger' attire.
Weapons: A Mirkwoodian longsword with ocean waves engraved onto the hilt, and a Mirkwood longbow.
Family: Thranduil(father), Aerwen(mother, deceased), Aradan(older brother), Legolas(older brother)
Birth Year-SA 1492
Hair-Dark brown
Eyes-Silver
Face-resembles her father...an stern yet cheerful face
Lineage- Mother- Ithilwen (deceased)
Father- Tegalad
Siblings-Veryangóle
Cousin-Rhavaniel
Married?-No
Children?-No
Weapons- Rivendell Bow with Mirkwood Arrows, Lothlorien Wrist Dagger, Archer's Bane Sword, An necklace that shine when darkness reigns
Animals: An White Mare named Tathar
Basic clothing: She almost always wears an battle-like clothes; an pair of light brown breeches, an white undershirt with an light dragonscale silver vest on top.
History- Turwaithiel was born and raised in the Mirkwood Forest. Her mother died giving birth to her and her brother, Veryangóle, whom are the same age. Her father then left them in the care of an old Dunedain Ranger as he left and went to the Valnior. Turwaithiel has been raised as an Knight Archer of the Forest and Protecter of the Leaf. She is repected highly for becoming whom she is now. Her brother is in Rohan now helping the king.
Eyes: emerald, speckeled with deep gold (most prominent thing about her)

Lineage:
Mother: Melda the Fair
Father: (blood) Lodaelin , (adopted) Andor the Bold, the Chief Advisor of King Thranduril

Siblings:Twin brother Sadron the White (albino)

Married: [old trick here^^] A certain royal child of Mirkwood... (tip... beginns with L ends in S .. )

Children: none

Family: Turwaithiel [cousin]

Weapons : A beautiful black bow with an intercate silver pattern of vines on it. The arrows are long and have black swann feathers. The quiver is also black with the silver silver outlines of
a dragon on.
Two twin knives, silver.

Pic: http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/7034/cat6dn.jpg

History: The aranged marriage of her mother Melda, to the Ambasodor Andor (lit. Steaward), let to her own disgrace. She started an affair with a mysterious person (neither elf nor man, but a creature of blood) named Lodaelin, with whom she had two twins name Rhavaniel and Sadron.
Her father, driven mad with anger attacked Lodaelin, who, after a threat killed his wife.
The two children got the blame for their mother death, and were abused by their father. Sadron ran away into the wild, ashamed by his liniage, whereas his sister stayed for love and pity for her father. For a time the abuse grew worse, but with her marriage, and her newly appointed job as Head Archer and Marchwarden she manages to elude him
Appearance: Tall, slender figure with light sandy blond hair, and pale blue eyes.
Attire: Her most common attire includes a simple dress that any work can be done in.
Weapons: A bow, longsword, and a dagger she keeps hidden at all times.
Family: Mother: Silivrentolwen
Father: Erurainon
Older Brother: Hebion
Age: Approximately 2,000 years (elf years) during the WotR
Hair color: A mix of colors: light brownish-reddish-goldish.
Hair texture: Very curly.
Hair length: Waist-length.
Eye Color: Strikingly bright turquoise. They are the first thing that people notice about her when they see her.
Family:
Mother: Elwing – the sister of Galadriel. (Meaning: Star Spray)
Father: Arbellason (Meaning: Noble Strength)
Sister (younger): Ithilwen (Meaning: Lady of the Moon)
Weapons: A long hunting knife called Sigil Elgûl (Meaning: Dagger of Star Magic) She also carries a bow and arrows.
Element: She has special powers over water.

Last edited by Raven Sparrow on August 24th, 2006, 5:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:45 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Hey, I'd like to join. Could my char fall in love with Aradan? My bio:

Name-Turwaithiel Lhûgdagnir
Translation- Victorious among the Elves, Warrior
Race: Woodlen Elf
Birth Year-SA 1492
Hair-Dark brown
Eyes-Silver
Face-resembles her father...an stern yet cheerful face
Lineage- Mother- Ithilwen (deceased)
Father- Tegalad
Siblings-Veryangóle
Cousin-Rhavaniel
Married?-No
Children?-No
Weapons- Rivendell Bow with Mirkwood Arrows, Lothlorien Wrist Dagger, Archer's Bane Sword, An necklace that shine when darkness reigns
Animals: An White Mare named Tathar
Basic clothing: She almost always wears an battle-like clothes; an pair of light brown breeches, an white undershirt with an light dragonscale silver vest on top.
History- Turwaithiel was born and raised in the Mirkwood Forest. Her mother died giving birth to her and her brother, Veryangóle, whom are the same age. Her father then left them in the care of an old Dunedain Ranger as he left and went to the Valnior. Turwaithiel has been raised as an Knight Archer of the Forest and Protecter of the Leaf. She is repected highly for becoming whom she is now. Her brother is in Rohan now helping the king.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:45 pm 
Maia
Maia

May I join? I can edit the bio if you like^^
Name : Rhavaniel Falathiel
Hair: midnight black
Eyes: emerald, speckeled with deep gold (most prominent thing about her)

Lineage:
Mother: Melda the Fair
Father: (blood) Lodaelin , (adopted) Andor the Bold, the Chief Advisor of King Thranduril

Siblings:Twin brother Sadron the White (albino)

Married: [old trick here^^] A certain royal child of Mirkwood... (tip... beginns with L ends in S .. )

Children: none

Family: Turwaithiel [cousin]

Weapons : A beautiful black bow with an intercate silver pattern of vines on it. The arrows are long and have black swann feathers. The quiver is also black with the silver silver outlines of
a dragon on.
Two twin knives, silver.

Pic: http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/7034/cat6dn.jpg

History: The aranged marriage of her mother Melda, to the Ambasodor Andor (lit. Steaward), let to her own disgrace. She started an affair with a mysterious person (neither elf nor man, but a creature of blood) named Lodaelin, with whom she had two twins name Rhavaniel and Sadron.
Her father, driven mad with anger attacked Lodaelin, who, after a threat killed his wife.
The two children got the blame for their mother death, and were abused by their father. Sadron ran away into the wild, ashamed by his liniage, whereas his sister stayed for love and pity for her father. For a time the abuse grew worse, but with her marriage, and her newly appointed job as Head Archer and Marchwarden she manages to elude him

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Sure, that's fine, Tur! I've been wanting someone for him to fall for for a while now..and your bio's fine, Rhav, and if you want to pair Legolas and Rhavaniel in this one, it'll work out fine..)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:48 pm 

(awesome! thankiees)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

[-hoogles, and showers with flamingos- Great^^]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:50 pm 
Maia
Maia

(*is showered with flamingos* Ok, then..but yeah, I think we can start once we get a couple more people to join in.)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:51 pm 

(coolilo...sp?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:51 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I want to join! I have to go though, I'll dig up Meleth bio for you later.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

(All right, that's fine. Just post it whenever.)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 1:56 pm 

(yeah, i gotta fly too...ctachya later! :punk:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 2:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

[I'm still here so... I guess I'll reply^^""]

Rhavaniel sat at the desk, perched so close to the edge, it seemed impossible that she ddn't fall off. In front of her stood a small bottle of ink, in her hand handsome eagle-feather quill.
Her father sat across from her frowning, and looking for an excuse to niggle at her, but the lists she drew up seemed flawless, the detailed plans for extra protection of the palace simple but efficiant.
Andor spent the rest of the hour rearanging the parchment with annoying precision.
His daughter, dressed in a simple shirt and tights/leggins, shot him an annoyed glare, and finished the last page in a scrawl of sindarin.
"Finished."
"Took you long enough..." her father growled, scanning through the papers aggresively, before stashing them under his arm, and standing.
His daughter rose with him, reaching his hight easily.
"I'm late." her voice cut through the heavy air, slicing through the tention like a hot knife through butter.
"That's not my problem. What for?"
"My archers..."
"Your not going out like that!" he warned, eyes hardning again, jaw setting.
"I'm not. Father ."
"Dont call me that!"
"Loving care...."
Andor stormed out of the room, slamming it loudly in his wake.
Rhavaniel pulled on a light tunic, snatched up her bow, and hurried swifly out of the room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 2:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Oops..made you respond to a nonexistant post..*had to add some other stuff*)

An air of expectation hung around the Palace of Mirkwood, and even though everything outside was quiet, almost peaceful, inside, it was if an anthill had been kicked. Advisors rushed here and there, decorators were feverishly adding the last-minute decorations to the main hall, and the kitchen..well..let's just say that the cooks were up to their necks in food.

Noting all this with an almost absent expression, Aradan grimaced, hearing a platter clatter to the floor. Sounds like one of the cooks was careless.. he thought amusedly, then quickly stepped aside as two of his father's advisors rushed past.

Every year we have to deal with this.. he then thought, supressing the urge to groan. Every year, it was the same. Endless greetings, a stuffy meal, then watching all the couples dance for hours on end..it was all so boring, especially to Aradan and his siblings.

Speaking of whom..where are they? the thought entered his mind, and Aradan then went off to find his siblings, checking the first place he thought of, the archery range..

Sure enough, when he got out there, he heard the playful banter, and twice heard the thump of an arrow hitting a target. Walking towards the sounds, he was rewarded as an arrow whizzed perilously close to his left ear. Stifling the exclamation that had almost burst out of him, he adopted an expression of mock annoyance. "Legolas, Elwen, you two should be inside, getting ready!"

"And why aren't you following your own advice?" came the cheeky response from Elwen, accompanied with Legolas' chuckle of amusement.

"Because I've been looking for you two." he responded severely. "Now, go on, you know we've only got a couple hours left before our guests start to arrive." he added, and nearly smiled at the twin grimaces of his siblings.

"Oh, goody.." Elwen murmured, setting her bow down where she could find it later, before walking past Aradan. Legolas also set his bow down, and, after removing the arrows from the target and returning them to his quiver, he also walked past Aradan, who resisted a smile of amusement, before heading inside himself, to get ready.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 3:31 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

(Hello, may I join? I haven't done any RPs in a very long time so I don't know how good I will be, but please. :-D )

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 3:34 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Sure..I just need a bio for any characters you'd be playing.)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2006, 3:39 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

(Thank you. If I need to change anything in my bio let me know.)

Name: Lorwen
Meaning: Dream Maiden
Appearance: Tall, slender figure with light sandy blond hair, and pale blue eyes.
Attire: Her most common attire includes a simple dress that any work can be done in.
Weapons: A bow, longsword, and a dagger she keeps hidden at all times.
Family: Mother: Silivrentolwen
Father: Erurainon
Older Brother: Hebion

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next