Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 6:54 pm 
Vala
Vala

Here's my bio!
Name: Ariana (Ari) McMann
Appearance: A bit short (5'2") A bit skinny. Long curly Auburn hair and grey-green eyes.
Hobbies: Horseback riding, hiking, yarn work, and LotR
Other. She is a very naturey sort of person, one of the reasons she loves LotR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 6:54 pm 
Maia
Maia

Great! I'll add you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 11:43 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Sorry! I've been so preoccupied lately...here's my bio...it's the one at the top...

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... 091#444091

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 11:57 am 
Maia
Maia

Ah, Meleth. I should have known. :lol: JK, Meldawen! :P I'll put you up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 1:11 pm 
Vala
Vala

Hmm...quick question. If this is around the present day, would our characters be able to run into teenagers/young adults who like to role-play only, and participate in an RPG called Worlds Change? Lol....kind of an interesting idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 2:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

Whoa! That would be... wierd... Mabye... lol, have any of you seen/heard of 'Stranger than Fiction'? That would be funny... everything we type in the RPG, happens to them in real life.... well, us IN the rpg that is. Hm, We might do that briefly, but I think it will get a bit confusing after a while. SO! On with the story!

Hm... Aerandir, why don't you start us off, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 5:48 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Why can't you start it off SG? like I always say when the time is right: the maker of the rpg should start the rpg!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 5:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Hm. Ok, well. I guess I will! (please put all non RPG comments in (), [], or {} now please. :)

----------------------

Aearion rode alongside the other elves and men of whom were traveling to Gondor, going to bid the King Aragorn well with his new firstborn son, Eldarion. As they rode along, Aearion could begin to fell Morel's heavy mass heaving under him. His brow furrowed, and he then realized how hot is was out in the sun. Fortunatly, they were currently riding along the Aduin.

"Come, stop and rest now. We should water the horses."

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 7:59 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Meleth leant forward over the neck of her mount, Minuial. "Aye, I think today will be hot," she murmured, and slipped out of the saddle with a glance behind her. "There's a slope down to the bank farther on, just a few paces."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 8:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

Aearion nodded and walked along the shore until he heard the light squish of moist land. He then release his black horse from his hold, and Morel's head emedietly shot to the bank. Aearion himself took out his skin of water and bagan to drink, and then filled it back up again in the river. After doing so and putting the skin back to where it was, resting at his side, he leant down and washed off his face, willing the heat to leave him. As he reached down to gather water in his hands, he felt something round and cool hit the back of his hands. Curious, he picked it up out of the water and mud and turned it in his hands.

"What in all of arda..." He turned the object, which infact was a palantir, in his hands. But unknown to him, it had begun to glow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 8:12 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"What's that?" came Meleth's voice from behind him, and then a sharp intake of breath. "Oh, it can't be...weren't all the Seeing Stones lost? Aearion..." and now she sounded wary, "perhaps you should put it down - it's glowing."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 8:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

Aearion suddenly realized with a start what it was that she was talking about, and what the strange stone was. He dropped it back onto the bank with a small 'ah' and flung himself backwards, catching himself with his hands.

"What?! I thought that... That they were all gone... D-do you think that we should take it to Aragorn? After all, he is from the line who brought these things into Middle Earth.." He turned his head briefly back to where the stone now rested, even though he could not see anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 12:06 am 
Vala
Vala

Thalamar disounted from his grey mare, Rinithil, and let her drink in the river. He saw Aearion with a glowing globe, a palantir. "Where did you find it?" he asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 8:29 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Meanwhile, somewhere on Earth...

Joelle Mindalin wanted to collapse at that moment. She had just finished working on another translation that she was doing for her friend, Darron Flemming. He had needed some information about some old mythology, and it had all been in an ancient tongue that he didn't understand. After five days of working at it, Joelle had finally cracked the code.

Now, she just wanted to fall over from exhaustion. She could get the paper to him tomorrow...it could wait. Sleep...

Banner by Limwen - Villya

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 8:43 am 
Vala
Vala

(Can I just separate my OC writing from my actual RPing with a line of "------" like I normally do, SG?)

-----

Teledhelion raised an eyebrow at his companions. "What frightens you so about this palantír?" he asked curiously. "If it is indeed such a thing, then it was made of old in Valinor by the Noldor, our kin. Why then should we fear it?"
He waited for a suitable answer, all the while watching the seeing stone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 10:57 am 
Maia
Maia

((Sure! As long as it is separate. Sorry for not clearing that up. :) ))

Aearion cast his head toward the ground, listening to everyone's questions,

"Easy for you to say..." He whispered in answer to Teledhelion's question, to quiet for most to hear. He then raised his voice so that everyone could hear, "It was right here on the bank... I have no idea where it came from..."

-----------------------

Darron Flemming tidiously wrote down every detail of this odd, spheric stone... It was perfectly round, and as it was so dense! Darron didn't think you could break it if you wanted to. He had already broken a wooden hammer handle on the thing, - whatever it was, and was totally perplexed. He didn't plan to tell anyone about this discovery, save his friend, Joelle Mindalin. Sighing, he put a thin cloth over the stone and rose from his chair, bringing his fingers under his glasses and rubbing his eyes. Yes, it was time for some shut-eye. Just as he was about to open the door, he saw a soft glow out of the corner of his eye. Turning around, his eyes just about doubled in size as he realized it was the stone! It was glowing! He then darted to the office next to his,

"Joelle! Joelle, I-" He then noticed that She wasn't there. Letting out a sigh, he ran back into his office and grabbed the phone on the desk, franticly dialing Joelle's number; ignoring the fact that it was 12:45 in the morning...

((Joelle, can we get the phone conversation done over PM, so that we don't have to post back and forth, ect.? Then one of us can post it. :) ))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next