Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
Elf
Elf

Maenel carefully unwrapped the last layer of bandage, for it was bound to be stuck in the wound. Once it was completely removed, she removed it, ready to be put into a separate pot of boiling water outside. She used a soft cloth to bathe Deawen's shoulder with fragrant water and used a bit of Athelas Cordial to disinfect. Just before she started, she said, "This will sting." Deawen winced, but said nothing. "Good. Most of the soldiers I treat call out and curse." She added the powder she had ground to a few peppermint leaves and made it into a paste with some lemon grass oil and wine. Maenel wrapped the gauzy bandage over the wound once, then added the mixture and finished the wrapping. "I'm not sure, but I think Faeren or Arandur is going to come talk to you." With that, she left for her curtained-off side of the tent.

Reasons I love England #217:
I saw "whilst" on a traffic sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 3:47 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

When Maenel was finished Deawen gingerly laid down on her right side. she dozed in and out of sleep in between sleep she wondered what was in store for her. finaly she fell into a deep sleep when she woke she could not remember where she was it was bright and smelled of cooking fires " just a bad dream " she thought with a yawn she opened her eyes and a sense of Dread swept over her still here.... she was hungry and thirsty and something outside smelt really appeitizing.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 9:56 pm 
Vala
Vala

"Then you don't know much about rangers.." Fearan answered, only to be cut of by her whistle. Was she going mad? Why would she be whistling? Deawen whistled again, this time louder. She seemed to to listening for somthing...Fearan jumped to his feet, ready to call the alarm, but it was too late. The injured patient sprung up with all the grace of a deer and ran for the door. Fearan grabbed for her, but missed. She was out of the tent, possibly gone forever.

That had been a whole night ago. The escapee now lay resting on a medical cot, inside the tent. Fearan peeked his head inside at the right moment to see her slowly wakeup. "Hello." He said, pausing to allow her to take in her suroundings. "I have somthing for you." Glancing around quickly to make sure he was not seen (Maenel would not like what he was about to do) he walked into the tent leading a horse. "I found him last night. He was tacked, so I thought he ust have been yours. Am I correct?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 11:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(sweet now I am a doe!)
Deawen's eyes flicked over to Fearan's form it wasn't exactly pleasant but nor was it hostile it was a mix of ' Oh it's you' and
'goodmorning' but that quickly vanished when she saw her Beautiful stallion standing there she tensed and her eyes blazed full warning. Fearing a trick or jest that his intent was to torment her. the stallion whickered a bold greeting and Deawen couldn't surpress a smile she loved that stallion more than her own life. " he is mine...But don't hurt him! " Deawen pleaded pushing her covers back and nimbly getting off the cot. " Bredol Roch Min " (My Horse Bredol) Bredol tossed his head and nipped at Fearan's ear. Deawen subconsiosly (sp) traced her brand mark nervously, not sure of his intent.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 12:02 am 
Elf
Elf

Maenel heard the horse nicker across the tent, but let them be. She was busy writing a letter to her father:
Dear Father,
The north continues to be a bit turbulent. The threat that was scaring the men and wreaking havoc has been caught. It is a woman who has named herself as one of the Phantoms. Just yesterday, she almost escaped! I am currently in charge of overseeing her recovery. I hope you and Mother are doing well...

She stopped to listen to the conversation in the next section of the tent. They must have not realized she was there. She smiled in spite of herself and continued writing, though not with her full concentration. Sometimes she needed a break from her cold facade. She put down her pen and stretched her fingers. She stared at the cold paper for a moment before rounding off the letter with her love, sealed it with the seal of her family (Nimothan, Ministers of the White Tower to the kings/stewards). She decided to wait before she left and thereby gave away her position. She simply sat by the brazier on her travel bed and read a book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 5:34 pm 
Vala
Vala

"I'd never hurt so fine a horse" He answered her, moving quickly to avoid Bredol's nip. "I untacked him, so he wouldn't get saddle sores." Fearan patted the horse's neck, noting how Deawen gazed fiercly at her steed. She had pleaded desperatly for him not to harm Bredol....did she realy think he would be cruel enough to do such a thing? He released Bredol, and he paced over to his mistress. "Lovely horse you have" Fearan noted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 8:16 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen picked up the reins carfuly still fearing a trap. she stroaked the blazed running down the great steeds nose he whickered softly. Deawen's eyes glittered alittle as she stroaked the horses nose. " why are you doing this?" she asked Fearan suddenly without looking up. " you will get both of us in trouble...they will think i was trying to escape...last night you understood my calls yes? do you think it wise for them to keep me here?" she bombarded him with questions as she handed him back the reins " he is safe that is all that matters"

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 9:13 pm 
Vala
Vala

"well..." Feqaran began, unsure of how to respond. "I'm doing this out of common curtesy. I found your horse, and the courteous thing to do is return it." He walked closer, so he could speak softer and stroke Bredol's neck. "I wasn't planning on leaving Bredol here alone with you. That would indeed be stupid. My plan is to let you know he is safe, and then take him to the stables so he can be taken care of. That way, you get the security of mind that your steed is safe. As for your calls...I figured them to be as such. No normal person whistles like that for no reason, nor do they get an answer from an unknown person. So yes, in a word, I did know you were calling to some one." He couldn't help but let a smile creep onto his faceas he said, "No offence, but any one with a head on thier shoulders could tell. We just didn't react in time." He grabbed Bredols reins as they were handed to him. "He's safe, that's all that matters" Deawen muttered, though Fearan couldn't tell if she was comforting the horse or him.

Now for the last question...."Is it wise?" Fearan repeated. "Depends...It is wise that you stay here, so you can be healed. Those that are healing you may wish otherwise, but there is nothing they can do about that, now, is there?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 10:24 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen let a smile slip her placid face. she was confident again sides bredol could take care of himself. " I thank you for your kindness" she said with a bow in the phantom form. Bowing at the waist and bringing the right hand in front of the chest palm to the side. " if i was them i would not have underestimated me" she said with a devilish grin " tricksters choice" she said cheerfuly as if it was a nickname.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 10:41 pm 
Vala
Vala

(Has some one been reading Tamora Pierce? :P )

"Trickster's choice, eh?" Fearan chuckled. "I don't doubt it. Careful though. A trickster's life will bite, a lesson I've learned a couple times over. "Good day, Deawen. I'll take Bredol hear to the stables and find him a nice stall." Fearan pulled on Bredol's reins. The horse took one last glance at his mistress, and then followed Fearan out the tent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 7:38 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(yes, best books of all time save LOTR)
Deawen waited for him to leave she had an idea that had to be accomplish. she found it odd that there was no guard over her. she quietly looked out the tent flap and saw nothing threatening, she carefuly opened the tent flap and walked out of the tent. " idiots" she whispered and padded along the general direction of her horses hoofprints. She had no intention to escaping yet though it would have be conveniant. she padded along observing the camp.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 10:53 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arandur sat alone in his tent, pouring over a map. He tapped a point with his finger. It was one of the remoter parts of Arnor, and several reports confirmed a large orc outpost.
It was where he was going to attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 8:23 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen trotted along noting anything that could be useful later. Full garisons supplies a mobile armory ect. it was a full army here and they ment to stay. But why? Deawen asked herself as she passed these things. they couldn't be after the phantoms otherwise they would have questioned her about the location of her camp. Orcs were the only other option. the phantoms did not make themselves openly known to the orcs for fear of drawing attention but it seems that did not work so well.
Deawen knew she was being monitoried and kept to her self she stayed away from the edges of camp and stuck with the center areas. she passed Arandur's tent and paused he was looking at a map and pointing to remote areas. Deawen watched carefuly she had to get that information to the phantoms their camp was only 6 miles from that orc outpost. She drew closer to the tent's opening just in case something was said, she was out of sight but her shadow on the ground didnt help.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 9:23 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arandur knew she was there, no respectable ranger wouldn't, the question was why. Was she a spy perhaps? He was going to find out shortly. He stood up, making enough noise to be sure she heard, and mumbled something about getting a little sleep, and then ducked silently out the back tent flap and and crept around to the front where Deawen crouched, coming up behind her. He slide his arm around her throat, pinning her arms to her sides with his other, and then said quietly, "What are you doing sneaking around here? Spying?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 8:42 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen stayed still counting to ten before answering
"secret"
she whispered back, but she knew that wouldn't satsfiy him.
" It's my Duty to sneak to pry to snoop and to meddle. I was not chained nor tied and hardly a guard to keep me in place. what's to stop me? " she said with a small laugh. " and if you must know yes I was spying would you like to know what i gathered?" she asked earnestly.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 10:56 pm 
Elf
Elf

Maenel awoke to the final cracklings of a large log on her fire just in time to realize that the prisoner was gone. In the darkness, she could not tell what time it was. Cursing to herself, she pulled on a cloak and ran outside to make sure that someone had caught Deawen. She saw Arandur holding Deawen in something of a chokehold. "Right then," said Maenel, "everything seems under control."

Last edited by Morwen1 on July 4th, 2008, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next