Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: War of the Jewels(open)
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 9:05 am 
Elf
Elf

Feanor has fallen at the hands of Morgoth. Fingolfin sits as High King of the Noldor. As the Elven Realms slip into secrecy and Morgoth moves into East Beleriand, A group of adventurers form a pact to assist the forces of Men and Elves wherever they find them, until their deaths. With the Siege of Angband nearing it's end, the tension grows.

Here, we play the adventurers through to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and, if it's still going, the end of the First Age. We start in the plains area of Nargothrond.

Rules

-No Godmodding
-Romance is allowed
-Have fun
-We have minimal contact with the Main Characters of the Sil, but we can interact with them to recieve missions and such.

My Character Bio
Forum Name: Turwaithion
Name: Turwaithion
Race: Noldorin Elf
Hieght: 6' 11''
Parentage: Lord Findecano(deceased) and Lady Narwen of the Noldor
Siblings: Teleplin
Physical Description: Pale, grey eyes with blue flecks. He has a scar along the left side of his face from an orc blade.
Garb: He wears a grey elven cloak, and Noldorin Armour (2nd age movie), though he shuns a helmet. As the Lord of his house, the Loremasters, he wears a slim mithril circlet.
Weapons: A elven sword made by the Noldor, originally his Father's. A Sindarin Longbow with Mithril tipped arrows, and a hunting dagger.
Pesonality: Turwaithion is a rather grave Elf, who is rarely amused and distrustworthy of strangers. He is rather jovial amongst companions, however.
Animals: A black elf horse(mare) named Fyrn
Homeland: Doriath
History: Turwaithion was born to Lord Findecano of the Noldor and Lady Narwen of Doriath during the crossing of the Helcaraxe. When the Noldor arrived in Middle Earth, Findecano swore vengeancee on Feanor and his house for abandoning his people. However, he never got his chance, as Feanor was killed shortly after. Findecano was killed by the Balrogs in thhe 'negotiations' in which Lord Maedhros was taken captive. Narwen fled to Doriath along with her husband's remaining guards, and gave birth to Turwaithion's sister Teleplin shortly thereafter. Once the young Elf was old enough, he became a Marchwarden alongside his tutors, Beled Cuthalion and Mablung. A few years later, he left to join Fingolfin's Army at Angband. Before he left, the Captain of his father's guard gave him his father's sword Elenrist, or, Starcleaver, named for it's sheen and it's part in the First battle of Beleriand, where it seemed to halve the stars themselves. He then set out to Hithlum to join his Lord in battle.

Last edited by Turwaithion on May 19th, 2008, 12:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 12:36 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

( May I join as a Human? I don't play elves very well)
Name: Deawen
Race: human
Height: 5'1" ( Short eh?)
Appearance: Short but not stocky, slender. Wears leafy green, or a very dark brown. Has Copper/amber hair, greyish blue eyes with a amber fleck in the right eye, pale as a ghost.
Attitude: Playful, but can summon her seriousness quickly if need be. Best way to describe her is as a cat. She is agile and skilled with a blade. Tends to be shy around strangers. Likes to play pranks on commanders or anyone who asserts authority. Tends to wander.
Weapons: anything she can get ahold of.A long sword and a couole of daggers.
History: Her history is insignifacant to her existance.
Orphaned at a very young age, she was miraculously taken by the elves and raised to be an elf after she was found on the shore of a river, half drowned. Has a fear of water.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 1:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Feel free. Elves, Men, and Dwarves are all game for Character Races.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 2:40 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Could I join as an Elf? And I love your username. ;)

Name-[color=darkred]Turwaithiel

Translation- Victorious among the Elves, Warrior
Race: Woodlen Elf
Birth Year-SA 3227
Hair-Dark brown
Eyes-Blueish-Silver
Face-resembles her father...an stern yet cheerful face
Lineage- Mother- Ithilwen (deceased)
Father- Tegalad
Siblings-Veryangóle
Cousin-Rhavaniel
Married?-No, but she has been engaged, but then her husband was captured, so she is always looking for him...or at least his body. His name was Caelamondorion.
Children?-No
Weapons- Rivendell Bow with Mirkwood Arrows, Lothlorien Wrist Dagger, Archer's Bane Sword, An necklace that shine when darkness reigns
Animals: An white and grey spotted Mare named Tathar and a falcon named Blindsight and a small wolf named Nightbane
Pic of falcon: http://www.gyrs.com/images/content_image.jpg
Pic of horse: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... chador.jpg
Pic of wolf: http://library.thinkquest.org/26020/pag ... lf_pup.gif
Pic- http://www.worldofwallpapers.nuche.org/ ... maiden.jpg
Basic clothing: She almost always wears an battle-like clothes; an pair of light brown breeches, an white undershirt with an light dragonscale silver vest on top.
History- Turwaithiel was born and raised in the Mirkwood Forest. Her mother died giving birth to her and her brother, Veryangóle, whom are the same age. Her father then left them in the care of an old Dunedain Ranger as he left and went to the Valnior. Turwaithiel has been raised as an Knight Archer of the Forest and Protecter of the Leaf. She is repected highly for becoming whom she is now. Her brother is in Rohan now helping the king.[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 3:28 pm 
Elf
Elf

Certainly. Thanks, by the way.

So. This will remain an open RPG, but we start next Saturday. Maybe Earlier, if there isn't activity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 1:43 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

May I join?

Name: Anira Manwameldiel (Ah-neer-ah Mahn-awh-mell-dee-ell)
Race: Elf
Appearance: http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1792 ... r28ni3.jpg
Attire: A green traveling tunic, dark boots and a dark cloak to blend into the shadows
Father: Lord Hérion
Mother: Lady Almárëa (deceased)
Brother: Calanon (deceased)
Steed: Vehiron
Personality: Kind yet reserved, she is extremely faithful and will do all in her power to defend all whom she loves and holds dear.
Weapons: Bow and Arrow, and her Twin Daggers
History: Born as a lady of the Mirkwood Court, her mother was slain by an orc brigade when she was a young girl. Saddened by the lost of his beloved wife, her father became cold and distant-showing his daughter the way of the sword, but offering little love or affection. At a young age, she was proficient in both the sword and bow and often joined her elder brother Calanon on his hunting trips. To her he became both father and brother and she was close to him as she had never been to her father. On one fateful day, Calanon was mortally wounded in a skirmish when he saved his sister from an envenomed arrow. Despite her efforts, he soon fell to the shadow and she was left once again to mourn the passing of one whom she loved. After her brother’s death she traveled around Middle-earth, waging war against the dark forces, determined to make her brother proud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 7:39 pm 
Elf
Elf

Feel free. Oh, and Turwaithiel, I just noticed that you should chance your character's birth year. It's in the 2nd Age, and this is a 1st Age RP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2008, 7:17 pm 
Elf
Elf

OOC: OK, since there's no activity, we start now

Turwaithion led his horse out of Menegroth, almost mournfully. This place had been his home since the death of his father. He had grown up here. Now, however, he had other tasks. Melian and Thingol had granted him leave of the wood, and he was taking it. He swung hmself into the saddle, and dug his heels into Fyrn's flanks. It was a long way to Hithlum. Before he could move two steps though, an elf materialized from the wood.

"Lord Turwaithion!" he called

Turwaithion reined in Fyrn, and turned. It was Istuion, Captain of his father's guard

"What is it, Istuion?"

Lord, I heard you were leaving for Angband. Since you gave us orders to stay, I thought you should have this." Istuion said, handing Turwaithion a long sword "Elenrist. Your father's blade, may he rest with Mandos. I retrieved it after we were ambushed by the Balrogs. He would have wanted you to have it, once you were old enough."

Turwaithion took the blade slowly, marvelling at it. Then, he buckled it onto his belt, and nodded

"Istuion, you hav my thanks, old friend. But do me one last favour. I may not return, so, keep my sisiter and mother safe for me."

The elder elf nodded, and reached up to clap his young lord on the shoulder "I will, I swear on Manwe. And Turwaithion," he said, as the young elf turned to leave "kill some Orcs for me."

The elf nodded, grinning "I will. Promise." with that, Turwaithion rode into the forest, headed east to Nargothrond.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 7:33 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen waited for her commander a half mile east of Menegroth. She convinced her horse to lay in soft underbrush and she hid herself as well. Though there was no danger in those woods, she felt she needed to practice, to be ready so that if the time comes to hide she will be ready for it. Deawen was young enough to be unexpreinced in this field, but she was eager to learn. Both she and her horse lay quietly, her horse took the opportunity to sleep while Deawen kept and eye out for Turwaithion.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 1:53 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

From her travels, Anira heard news of a group gathering in Nargothrond to assist the remaining free people's against the dark one's forces. Turning to her steed she gently rubbed his nose as she spoke. "The hour draws neigh, are you ready?" As if in response the horse snickered at her. Neither she-elf nor beast were strangers to battle. Long ago, Anira had vowed to do all in her power to stop the march of Morgoth's forces-forsaking any comfort that she might of had as a lady of a court. Mounting the beast, she wordlessly signaled the beast to head in the direction of Nargothrond to hopefully meet the commander.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on May 9th, 2008, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 8:21 pm 

Turwaithiel looked up at the sky and back down at her mare again. He should be here by now. The call has already been rung... She thought impatiently. Normally, she could hold her tounge and her temper, but on a mission like this, time was of the essence. As she rode on, she came upon a familur face on the rode. She rode up next to her and smiled, nodding. "Mae Govannen, Anira. Any sign of Turwaithion?" She aksed her, anxious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 8:39 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Anira smiled and inclined her head in greeting as the she-elf rode up to her. "Mae Govannen, Turwaithiel." she replied. "And no, there has been no sign of him as of late." she said with a slight frown. "I feared that I would be the last to arrive," she added softly. "I wonder what has delayed him so..." she mused aloud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 9:26 pm 

Turwaithiel sighed heavily. "Hm...I can see I am not the only one who is ready to get started then, hm?" She stated, but moreso asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 10:01 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Anira chuckled lightly. "Indeed not, mellon nîn," came her reply. Yet, her light laughter died quickly as a grim thought entered her mind. "I fear that the longer we delay, the more time our enemy will have to move against us," she said quietly as she quickly scanned her surroundings for any sign of Turwaithion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 12:54 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen heard others approach, she meekly looked out from her underbrush to investagate the current situation. She regonised them as friends. " You sure make a lot of noise for elves" she commented to them playfully.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 2:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

Turwaithion rode forward, wiping bile from his face.

"Suiliad! My apologies for the delay. Our mission is only the more urgent. Orcs appear the be penerating the forest in greater numbers than before. I was nearly killed by a group of them not a quarter of a mile away. Are all our forces assembled? If so, we should ride for Hithlum."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next