Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2008, 7:44 am 
Maia
Maia

(Okay everyone... I'm introducing a new character called... *drum rolls* Aragorn!!! Get it... Arwen and Aragorn... :lol: This pair will be quite different from the original A&A, so no worries. I thought this would be slightly funny ^_^)

Arwen looked over at Turwaithion as he fell asleep, rising from the log and unshouldering her bow. She walked to the edge of the camp, sighing. It was a quiet night, and the sky was clear. At least the weather was fair, even if her thoughts were gloomy. She ran her hands down the intricate carvings of the bow, gazing around.
She wondered what life would have been like if she had obeyed her parents and decided to become a court elf, like them. Not very fun, probably - days of spending time inside, days of dull talk with equally bored courtiers. It was different, being one of the boarder guard.
A rustling noise in the trees alerted her to quickly fit an arrow from her quiver into the bow. Whoever it was clearly and quickly percieved that there was a none too friendly Elven arrow pointed right at him, and came out with his hands raised, laughing weakly.
"I'm no orc," he said, shaking his untidy mane of dark hair back from his face. Green eyes glinted at her. "Worry not. Would you mind lowering your bow?"
"Who are you then?" Arwen demanded.
"My name's Aragorn," the man replied. "I come from no country. A wandering man, if you please, rarely on the side of anybody. But I see that you're from Doriath."
Arwen nodded, watching him carefully, her bow still pointed at him. "I'm travelling with companions," she said to him. "They'll want to see you, and I want to know for sure that you're no harm. Come with me." She jerked the bow at an angle to gesture him to walk in front of her.
"Alright, alright," he said, and obeyed. "You're not in a friendly mood, are you?"
"Perhaps not," Arwen conceded. "But that's none of your concern." She pointed him in the direction of the camp and she walked him over. She would have to wake Turwaithion.
She cleared her throat. "Turwaithion. Anira, Deawen. I found somebody outside the camp."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2008, 11:13 am 
Elf
Elf

Turwaithion loosened his sword from it's sheath and walked over, frowning. "I just leave the watch and someone is aprehended. Typical." He said sarcastically. He drew Elenrist in one fluid motion and rested the sword's tip on the newcomer's collarbone. "Adan, no garb to signify allegiance, and heavily armed," He said, loking over the man's bow, full quiver, and sword. "What is your name, Man?" Tuwaithion asked, pressing is sword tip slightly harder into the man's ribcage.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2008, 12:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

Arwen watched as Turwaithion looked at the man and pressed the tip of his sword into his side. She kept her longbow directed at Aragorn so there was no chance of escape without a fight.
"Aragorn," Aragorn replied, grinning at Turwaithion's coldness. "I understand your reasons for unfriendliness. I could be a spy, for all you know, or an assassin. However, I am not. If you are going to ask me where I am from, I have no answer. I am, in fact, from nowhere."
"What were you doing in the woods?" Arwen demanded.
"Wandering," Aragorn said promptly. "It's what I do." He did not appear to be taking this at all seriously.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2008, 2:22 pm 
Elf
Elf

Turwaithion rolled his eyes, frowning. "You know, I have no patince for one who speaks in riddles. Give me an answer. Where were you raised? Wo were your parents. Proof thst you are not in the employ of Morgoth?" He snapped, placing his sword across Aragor's throat.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2008, 2:47 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen stood up when the stranger appeared, she stayed back as afar as possible. She drew both a sword and a dagger just for good measure. She noted that he was a human but unlike the previous human she had met he didn't feel like a threat.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2008, 4:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

"I was raised in a land far from here, the name of which I do not know," Aragorn replied, meeting Turwaithion's eyes without any sign of fear as the blade was placed against his throat. "I did not know my parents. I was raised by an old woman, for a time, a friend of my mother and father who they had entrusted my care to. As for being in the employment of Morgoth, I can only ask that you trust my words when I say that I am not under his pay. I know what pain he has caused, I know what great evil is in his heart." He bowed his head slightly. "I apologize if I angered you. But I tell you, I have not the slightest idea where I am from. The place I grew up... was neither here, nor there." He raised his hand, which did not shake - admirable, considering the circumstances, Arwen noted, as she watched the homan. "Now, master Elf, will you please remove your blade?"

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2008, 5:56 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Understanding, to his story sparked a new light on the stranger to Deawen. Like her own past she didn't know who her parents were nor where she came from. Only speculations were given to her for comfort. " I do not think he lies, Turwaithion. " She said sheathing her sword, her voice for once was not quiet and meek but had a trace of confidence. " He is right we have no way to prove whether he is friend or foe. We simply have to trust in our instincts."

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2008, 1:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Arwen frowned as the man fell silent. She listened as Deawen spoke, and nodded slowly. "As Deawen says," she said. "We cannot judge his guilt, as we know of no wrongs done by him to judge." She looked at Turwaithion, awaiting his response.
Aragorn gave a small smile. "Thank you," he said, surprised. "I am only lucky the group of you did not instantly kill me. I can understand your hostile reaction, I probably would have done the same myself." He stayed still, the blade still at his throat.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2008, 6:41 pm 
Elf
Elf

Relenting, Turwaithion lowered his blade. "You will excuse my reaction. A ecent encounter with your kind nearly proved fatal to several members of my party." After a moment's pause, he sheathed his blade and held out his right hand to Aragorn, stooping slightly so that his head was level with the man's. "I am Turwaithion, son of Findecano. Formerly of the Doriath Marchwardens." He said, then sat on a log. "You come at an oppourtune moment, Aragorn, son of none. We are bound for Angband, to recieve orders from High King Fingolfin. Will you join us?" He asked, raising one eyebrow, the black hair sharp against his pale skin.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2008, 8:07 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen remained at a distance far from Aragorn, she felt he meant no harm but now that Turwaithion had put away his sword she felt a little more vunerable. Deawen put away her dagger so not to seem hostile but still kept it in easy reach.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2008, 12:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Aragorn inclined his head as Turwaithion introduced himself. "I would be glad to travel with you," he said. "May I offer you my greetings, Turwaithion, son of Findecano." He smiled.
Arwen removed the arrow from her longbow and placed it back in the quiver. She stepped away from Aragorn, brushing down her hands. Aragorn glanced at her.
"And what is your name, you who so faithfully marched me to the leader of your group?" he enquired.
"Arwen Goldleaf," she replied tonelessly. "Of the Doriath boarderguard." She bowed her head slightly, and rose it without a smile. Though she reacted coldly, Aragorn's smile was none the less bright. He turned to Deawen.
"And yours?" he said. "I see you are no elf like your companions."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2008, 3:45 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen stared at Aragorn without emotion, she was unsure if it was wise to answer him considering her last experiance. " Deawen." she said shyly.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2008, 4:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Aragorn nodded, sensing Deawen's hesitance in replying. "It's a pleasure to meet you all," he said.
Arwen remained silent. She knew she had been right to take Aragorn to Turwaithion, to make sure he was no danger. Aragorn had met their hostile reception with surprising good nature. He had shown real courage in the face of an Elven blade at his throat, and now here he was, speaking pleasantly with them. Arwen found this extroadinary.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2008, 8:06 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

" I'll take this watch" Deawen said quietly to her companions, she didn't wait for a response, instead she leapt up to a tree branch and settled herself so that she was partially in view. She watched Aragorn from her perch like a sparrow would a cat, simply waiting to spring if need be. Deawen wasn't being hostile, just careful.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2008, 8:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

Turwaithion nodded. Though Aragorn seemed trustworthy enough, Turwaithion still slept with his dirk clenched in his hand. He was not about to have a blade in his ribs for being too trusting. His friend Narthal had learned that the hard way. "Wake us at daybreak. We will cross the mountains tomorrow." He called to Deawen, who was sitting in the fork of a tree's branch, just as an Elf would.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2008, 4:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

Arwen walked back to the log she had been sitting on and settled down. Aragorn looked round the camp, before finding a tree and sitting against the trunk. He glanced at Arwen, who was not settling down for sleep. She looked back, blankly, before looking away again.
She knew she would need her rest for the journey tomorrow, but she did not feel like sleeping. She also adopted the same caution as the others, though Aragorn did not feel like a threat.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next