Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 6:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

As they went past the guarded walls, the Messenger jumped of his horse and led the horses and the man on the second horse towards the Halls.
The messenger bowed his head for the Warden and said,
"Well met sir, I am Calemir of the guards of the great tower."
Before he announced why he had arrived there he gestured towards Thalabor and said: "This man is injured and needs to rest somewhere warm, please get someone to help him off the horse.
"I have travelled from Orthanc to deliver a message and a letter to the masters of these halls from the Warden of the Tower."
He handed the Halls warden a piece of paper comfirming his status as a messenger.
"Do you wish me to remove my weapons before I enter?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 8:52 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

The warden motioned for a couple of housecarls to help the injured man off his horse. " I am Thelnor, " he said with a slight nod. "I think it would be best if you did remove your weapons..." he started but was interrupted " That will not be necessary," Deawen cut in from the top of the stairs. "I think we can still count on Friends being still loyal." she said motioning towards the hall.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 12:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Yes, I think that would be appropriate. I'll see to it that it's organized." Morwen walked briskly through the town and found people from the demographic that scared her more than anything else: teen-aged boys. All of the older, bigger boys had ridden to Edoras, leaving the shrimpy, uppity type to fend for the village. At first, they would not listen to her, so she was forced to get her horn and spear. "This would be easier with a housecarl!" she muttered to herself. She approached a group of the boys again. She smiled at them in a way to make her think she was crazy, set the horn to her lips, and blew with all her might. They stopped giving her looks, covered their ears, and some fell to the ground. When she finally ran out of breath, she took on her command style and yelled, "Now are you ready to listen!?" They followed like lambs. "Fine. Go get all the able b-- young men and gather them in front of Lady Deawen's hall!" This was carried out quickly for the fear of another trumpet blast in their ear. Once herded out of hiding, she began the instruction: "Lady Deawen wants yonder wall enlarged! You are to hitch up your father's wagons and head to the nearby wood, a mile distant. We must cut down trees enough to extend the wall, perhaps heighten in, and surely strengthen it." There was silence. I miss the military sometimes, she thought to herself. "Go!" she said dismissively. She watched them trudge away. "Move, you dogs!" she screamed. She drew her sword, the sound causeing them to turn and look at her blankly. "I may be a woman, you little puppies, but I am Captain Morwen of the Westfolde, champion in the field, and will be respected. She rushed at the scrawny leader in the disrespect and stopped inches from his right hand. She grabbed his shirt, his huge eyes going from the sword to Morwen's face. "Go." she said quietly. This time, they marched as fast as they could and work began. Morwen met them in the wood, instructed the pines to be cut and brought back. Once that was done (several hours later), the laden wagons made their way laboriously back, the huge trunks were trimmed, cut into sections, and laced into the previous walls. WIth the branches, Morwen had boards cut to further stabilizer the walls. When the last log was driven into the ground, it extended a goodly distance around the hall and the town itself. The boys were mostly leaning against it, ready for a glass of ale and half a day of sleep. "Well, my friend," she said as she approached Deawen, "what do you think of that?"

Reasons I love England #217:
I saw "whilst" on a traffic sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 1:21 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen had to stop what she was doing to see Morwen's accomplishment. She laughed as she saw the wall and laughed even harder when she saw the young men staggering home. " Morwen I think you have outdone yourself....You could have asked for the Housecarl's help you know..." She smiled and went back into the hall she came out again carrying a purse filled with gold coins. " They deserve this." she said handing the purse to Morwen.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2008, 12:31 am 
Elf
Elf

"Well, you know that these boys need a challenge," she answered earnestly. "They will resent me tomorrow, but may thank me in later years. Also, it seems you may need all the help you can get to aid these poor men. What news have they brought?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2009, 11:55 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Calemir who was about to hand his bow to the warden of the Hall returned it to his back and then bowed before making his way up the stairs.
"It is always pleasant to know that friends can trust friends in times of great danger, Lady Deawen."
As he walked inside the hall, he took out a letter adressed to "The Lady of Westfold Hall".
He handed Deawen the letter in which they could read.
"My Lady,
I send you this letter to inform you that several inhabitants of the Westfold and West Emnet have taken refuge here in Orthanc.
West Emnet have been hit hard by the attacks and is currently in a very bad state as all Lords, Ladys and their families have been killed.
A man called Curubor (of Ithilien) found a young boy near a burned village, and that young boy is Edric, son of Lord Edmar the last surviving member of the Lordship of West Emnet, he is currently in our custody untill the situation returns to normal, if it will ever be...

May your house last for centuries to come.

Signed: Iorthon, Warden of the Tower."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2009, 4:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

Morwen recalled the sweating boys back to her. There was a lot of stifled groaning, but it was put to rest when she announced, "Lady Deawen appreciates your work. Here is a sizable bag of coins--payment for a job very well done. If I'm not mistaken...yes, there are one-hundred fifty coins in this bag. There are thirty of you, so each of you shall receive five coins. I'll let the cleverest of you figure that it comes out even." SOme of the housecarls were laughing from the bottom of the stairs of the hall. Morwen turned, raised an eyebrow, then beckoned them over. Shoving the bag into one of the men's hands, she said, "The honest and fair Enwyr will distribute." She went back to where Deawen stood in order to hear the tidings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2009, 11:26 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen took the letter and read it carefully, she had expected it to contain pleas for help or something to that nature to draw her out of her hall. Her fears only heightened as it confirmed her worst fears.
Deawen saw Morwen reenter the hall, " The West Emnet has been hit hard, anarchy spreads like wildfire as the lords and their families are slaughtered." Deawen said without emotion, more than ever she wanted to hold her children close. " I did not know the Lord of the West Emnet well, but I trust that his son will be treated well?" Deawen inquired. Again her thoughts drifted to her children.
" Where is your companion...Thalabor? You said he was wounded," Deawen asked setting the letter down on a table. " I trust my surgeon but like most he is only a common variety of military stock,"

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2009, 9:33 am 
Balrog
Balrog

( *pokes* Live RP Live!)

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2009, 5:03 pm 
Elf
Elf

Morwen looked over Deawen's shoulder at the letter. The news it carried was heavy. She knew that it would weigh on Deawen's spirits. All the responsibility fell on her shoulders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2009, 5:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen glanced at Morwen her eyes moist with unshed tears. She dashed away the tears with the back of her hand. " It was the right choice to send them away right?" she asked to no one in particular.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2009, 11:03 pm 
Elf
Elf

"It is harder to slaughter a herd of sheep that is scattered. It is the best we can do. They are better off fleeing than staying with us here," answered Morwen reassuringly. "We must focus on the now before we think of the past or future."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 6:37 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Morwen was right, Deawen cleared her throat and stretched her fingers. " Of course." she said steadying her self. " They are safe," she whispered to herself.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 2:19 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: South Africa, the bottom end of nowhere important...

*Sen loosed another arrow, felling another of his attackers, before he dropped his bow and drew his sword. With one smooth motion, it slipped out of its scabbard and blocked a vertical stroke of his first attacker. At that moment, frozen in time, where both their movements were stilled, Sen glanced into his opponent's eyes. He did not see fear, he did not see hesitation; all he saw was hate, and that made it so very easy for what he did next. He slid his blade along his attacker's and twisted his wrist, causing his blade to bite into the man's shoulder. With a solid kick, Sen knocked him away, as he spun, and hewed from shoulder to hip another attacker. These were not simple recruits from the land, not mercenaries hired with gold. These were men chosen for their hatred of the Lords of Rohan. As Sen began the dance of battle in earnest, the steps returning to him as easily as if it had been yesterday the last he fought for his life, the thoughts of the others, of his home, of his wife and children, began to fade to the background. Now, in this place, it was only him and his enemy...*

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 2:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Gee wiz! Sorry I haven't posted on here for so long, guys!)

With a terrifying scream of steel, Goldleaf's Gondorian sword clashed with the Rohirric sword of her enemy. She skillfully parried his blows and then dived her blade into his throat. She watched the red blood pour down his neck, a part of her astonished that she could be forced to cross blades with another human, before he clasped at the cut before slumping and tumbling off his horse.

Goldleaf urged her horse forward into the thick of the battle.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 8:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Deawen, we need to push the plot along at the Hall)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next