Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: On the High Seas (Please Join!)
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 4:34 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

It is 75 years after the War of the Ring. The reunited kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor have prospered under the rule of King Elessar and Queen Arwen. The rule of Rohan has passed to Eomer and Lothiriel's son, Elfwine, but the relationship between Gondor and Rohan is still strong. The care of Ithilien has now passed on to the descendants of the deceased Faramir and Eowyn. Stories from the War are now slowly becoming legends, but one problem is looming that cannot be ignored. Out in the west seas, the Corsairs of Umbar are growing in strength and numbers, and their pillaging and raiding is plaguing the coastline. King Elessar has sent out a missive to all ship captains, calling all able-bodied seafarers to his aid. Will you help the King of the Reunited Kingdom in his struggle, or will your allegiance lie with the fearsome Corsairs of Umbar? The choice is yours. Join a ship, and may fortune be with you!

This thread is for RP posts only. For more information on the RP, and to join, please go to this link here: http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19985 :)

Rules of the RP:
-Medium to long posts would be nice; short posts should preferably be used only in case of necessity. We want to have plenty of substance here. ;)
-No godmodding, please.
-Have fun! After all, RPing is meant to be enjoyable for those involved. :)
-Please bear with me. Having never started a RP before, things may be a bit... different with me here. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 4:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

Starflite stood in the bow. Looking out at the sea. She was an imposing figure. She had Brown hair, and green eyes that seemed endless. Her crew respected her, that was the most important thing. Her mate, her war counsellor, ran across the deck to her. He unsheathed his word, saluted, then sheated it.
"What is it?" she asked mildly, she was in a good mood. They were headed towards the coast of Gondor, the one country they hadn't attacked yet. She was strangely excited. No one had yet to appose them.
"Word has come from our sister ship that the rest of the fleet shall be here soon." he said.
She smiled, "Those dogs have no idea how bloody vicious it is on the sea. They won't survive." Her mate nodded dutifully. She looked at him questionally, "Is there something else, Nargu?" He nodded. "Speak up!" she said, losing her patience.
"It is reported a fleet is massing in Osgiliath." he muttered, afraid to look her in the eyes. "It is said they are great heroes of the sea."
"We'll see about that." she said.
"Osgiliath." he said, daring to look up. She was turned away from him, but he knew she was anything but calm.
"We sail to Osgiliath!!!" she yelled, startling the crew. She started ordering them all to be ready to attack. The deck became ordered chaos. A command not quickly obeyed from Starflite meant death. "We have someone we need to meet!" she said, turning to the crew after she had jumped up into the rigging. "They're going to think all of hell has broken out!" she said to herself.

((Let's start out with everyone who is good gather in Osgiliath.))

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 4:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Yayyyy! Hope this is okay!)

Ethiriel leaned elegantly over the side of the Curon, watching the waves pass the ship by. An Elven pipe was clamped between her teeth, and reams of smoke streamed out of the side of her mouth. Her black hair was intricately plaited back from her face in the Elven style; a red scar extended across one of her elegant cheekbones. A longbow was looped over one shoulder and a quiver strapped to her back; a sheathed, curved sword was also strapped around her waist. She struck a dangerous figure standing there.

She kept a watchful eye on the people walking around the harbour, green eyes flickering like emeralds.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 5:21 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((Then we sail to Osgiliath! :lol: I'll go ahead and get Indilwen's first post up as a sort of intro. ;) ))

Long, dark, shiny hair was all that could be seen of her head, yet one did not need to see her face to know that the burgundy-clad she-elf was the Captain. A commanding air pervaded the area immediately surrounding her, despite her general appearance of being easy-going, possibly even a bit lazy. Her left foot was resting in the middle of the ship's wheel, and the elbow of the same side was resting atop the wheel. Her hair, pulled back on top to keep it out of her face, concealed her face as she bent over a map. Sure, she knew where they were now, and where they would dock, but after that was when they'd need that map she had. It certainly wouldn't hurt to study it now.

The missive from the King Elessar had been disconcerting. She had known that the Corsairs were becoming more of a threat in recent years, yet she had not expected the situation to become this bad. It was strange that she, an Elven captain from farther north, had also received a missive, just as every captain from the Gondorian realm had. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she traveled along the Gondorian coasts frequently, and was known there by a few. Or maybe all known captains of all the surrounding areas had received missives, even those of the far north? Only time would be able to tell; there were more important things at hand now. For instance, the Admiral mentioned in the letter had to be found - he was the one who was taking list of all friendly ship captains who would fight against the plaguing Corsairs.

Her head raised, and she took note of their surroundings. Clear blue eyes took in the harbor of Osgiliath, little sign of emotion on her smooth face. She prepared to bring the ship around, and shouted brief orders to her crew. "All hands on deck!" she cried. "We prepare to land." She glanced over at her first mate, Ethiriel. Calling softly to her, she beckoned her over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 6:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ethiriel gracefully straightened up and stalked over to Indilwen, her captain. More of the silvery smoke spouted from her mouth, and she removed the pipe. "I see we're here, captain," she remarked. Turning her head, seeing the crew rushing about on deck to obey Indilwen's orders, she yelled over her shoulder.
" Tolo hi! You heard the captain!" She turned back to Indilwen. "And not a moment too soon."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 1:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((Starflite's fleet has four ships, all well-known battleships. She has worked extremely hard to get all of them.))

The wind whipped her hair as Starflite climbed her way up the rigging. She heaved herself into the crow's nest. Her beautiful, yet dark, laugh wafted over the deck. Many of the crew stopped the stare in wonder. Most of them had never heard their captain laugh. She was a beautiful sight indeed. Her long black hair swirled around her. Her cold blue eyes searched the horizon. She searched diligently until she saw a cloud mass near. "That isn't a cloud, that's land." she said to herself. They had spotted Belfalas. "Land ho!" She shouted as she jumped from the crow's nest. Many of her crew flinched, thinking she would hit the deck and die, or land in the sea. She bent her knees as she hit the deck, and her body absorbed the impact.
She calmly stood, and made her way to the ship's wheel where her second-in-command, Nargu, was steering the ship. He bowed his head and stepped aside from the wheel as she neared. She stepped up to her place, and took hold of the wheel. "I've been thinking, Nargu." she said, still looking out towards the horizon. "I think we should give Osgiliath an advantage, maybe a warning that we are coming?" She said, with a slight smile.
Nargu frowned momentarily when he pondered what she meant. Then a smile overcame the frown. "Yes, ma'am." Nargu said. "We wouldn't want them so surprised that we would have no fun in annhilating them."
"So true, Nargu." She said, the smile still slightly curving her lips. She gripped the wheel tighter and steered toward Belfalas. "Crew, ready the ballistas!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 6:47 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Can I join Indilwen's crew with my old charrie? I'll demote him to bo'sun or something))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 9:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((This thread is for RP posts only, there's another thread in Osgiliath where you can join and such, the link is in the first post.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 26th, 2009, 1:29 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((Certainly, Thion! Just re-post his bio on the other thread, and everything will be good to go. :) ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2009, 8:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Arandur bounded up from below decks, his boarding axe clutched in his hand. It was an odd weapon for an Elf, but Arandur knew it's merits in the close quarters of a boarding action. The blade glinted as he saluted Indilwen with it, doing the same to Ethiriel as he ascended to the aft. "Captain. We make port in Osgiliath, then? What orders to the crew? What need we take on?" He asked, the buisnesslike sailor that his position as Bosun demanded. It still slightly stung to not be in a postion of immediate authority, but he was not about to usurp Indilwen's position on her own ship.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2009, 10:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Starflite smiled darkly. The Black Star, along with the Queen of the Undead (commonly called the Queen), the Rosalie, and the Shadow Lark, headed up the Anduin River, towards Minas Tirith. She watched from the stern as the giant expanse of water faded from view. She breathed in deeply, already the salty air was turning into fresher air. She glanced back at the burning city, she did not know its name. It was a coastal city, so it would do as an ample warning. She was standing at the ship's wheel, holding it steady with one hand. The crew was taking this time to clean the equipment, and make sure that their weapons were sharpened and ready for battle.
A lone sialor made his way onto deck, oblivious to the others around him. She knew him, he was one of the most skilled swordsmen she ever knew. He was also not bad looking, besides a scar that curved its way from his ear to the bottom of his neck. His name was Bedwyr. With a sharp, metallic ring, he drew his curved sword. All the other sailors on deck, checking equipment, glanced up sharply at the sound. All their hands strayed to their hilts; a habit. He then closed his eyes, and breathed in deeply. Suddenly, he stabbed an invisible foe's stomach, then decapitated his arm and leg. He then beheaded him. He did not wait to turn to his next invisible opponent, which he also killed swiftly. After several minutes, his eye glanced on Starflite watching him. He then paused, and saluted to her with his sword. He then moved with a deathly grace to slaughter his next three opponents. It was his grand finale. He then turned back to her, and saluted her again. He sheathed his sword, then headed back down into the lower decks of the ship.
She watched him, then turned her gaze back onto the river. He wasn't the only one waiting for war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 3:05 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((Okies, I think it's time to get this officially going. ;) If anybody else wants to join, they still can, but I'd like to get the RPing part going a little more now. :) I'll get my next post up soon.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 4:22 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ethiriel's gaze swerved from Indilwen as Arandur came up from the lower deck, wielding an axe. She raised a dark eyebrow. "Indeed, we make port in Osgiliath," she answered. "And it would be best if the crew all get a move on. I hope I don't have to remind anyone that King Elessar himself has ordered our swift arrival in the city!"

Her tone was sharp, and she turned on her heel to yell more orders at the crew. Ethiriel wasn't the most patient of people. Had she been captain, she would have kept much stricter, harsher rule over the ship. But as it was, she was only first mate, and was content with obeying the orders Indilwen gave.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 7:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((I'm going to wait a while to post again, because I'm already in Gondor))

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 8:27 pm 
Elf
Elf

Arandur saluted Ethiriel, and turned on his heel, snapping orders of his own and heading back below decks, to catalouge the ship's stores and make a lis of what they would need to take on in port. This was only the beginning. He could feel it.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 10:11 am 
Balrog
Balrog

((*coughcough* I know, I'm terribly speedy with getting posts up... :blush: Sorry this took soooo long, guys.))

Indilwen's mouth curved upward ever so slightly as Arandur came up, and then as Ethiriel barked out her orders. "Ethiriel," she said, "Wait here a moment." She looked away, over the side of the ship, steering it carefully into port. "I am going to need to go ashore, and find the Admiral that was mentioned in the missive I received. You will remain in charge of the ship until I return, do you understand?" She glanced over, the smile gone and her face rather stern. "Under no conditions are you to set foot off this fair vessel until I return with further orders. And..." She paused, her gaze drifting over the crew scurrying around. "Please make sure that they all stay on the ship. Osgiliath... may have the tendency to make them a bit... rowdy. Can't have that." She dismissed her first mate with a nod of the head, and then turned back to give her full attention to steering the ship safely to port. The same faint smile wafted over her face again. In spite of her strictness, Ethiriel really was an excellent first mate, she mused. Ethiriel was the type of person you could count on to get the job done. Indilwen had no qualms whatsoever about leaving the ship in her care.

After the ship was safely docked, Indilwen left her post and headed down amidst her crew. "Arandur!" she called loudly. "Ethiriel!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next