Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 12:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

(*Nods* Good idea will. :lol: Sorry! That plot just had to be played out, before my brain went crazy with excessive plotting! ^_^

I'm plotting how the storyline can carry along with the rest of the characters, too; perhaps there can be some kind of banquet in the great hall?
And then there's Thranduil's meeting... *muses*)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 6:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Sounds good))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2009, 11:17 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[I am so sorry I haven't kept up with this... I shall try and read through the posts this week and have something written up shortly... this week in school will be a busy one, I'm afraid, so I don't know how much compy time I'll have. :( ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:08 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Sorry about the double post. Is it all right with everyone if we have dinner in Thranduil’s hall? Perhaps to get everyone together and begin the true plot of this RP. ;-) Any objections?]]

To Aramel, it hardly seemed a week since they had arrived in these woods. The beauty of Mirkwood had lived up to the songs and tales she had heard as a child in Imladris, and it was quickly becoming like home. Especially with Ryninial to guide her and show her the places she liked to sit and reflect upon the day. The wound upon her hand had healed surprisingly well under the care of the Mirkwood healers, but Aramel could clearly remember the sting of orc-blade upon her skin, and cringed.

The sun had long faded in the west, rays of light peering between old trees now replaced by the shadows of the night. Everything was silent, save for the trickling of small streams and night owls. Aramel stared out into the forest, watching tiny fireflies dancing about aimlessly, until each blinked out, one by one. It seemed even they could sense the danger that was carried upon the air.

A hand settled upon her shoulder; it was Talathion, looking kindly. “Late is the hour, and King Thranduil’s servants prepare a meal. Certainly you are starved, my sister…”

A smile spread across her face. “Yes, I will join you in a moment.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:32 pm 

[Aaah you returned! I will post tommorow.. Then I'm finished with my exam week :drunk: ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:37 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Yay for A Sleepless Malice! :-D )

Mirima swept into the hall of Thranduil, her shimmering metallic golden skirts sweeping the floor with a regal swish. She was arrayed in splendour as a princess; a circlet of gold leaves adorned her fair hair, and Elven gems sparkled at her white throat. Yet even in her grandeur thoughts weighed heavy on her mind. Her brother, Legolas, was still sick, and she was desperate for him to be well again. She knew he was strong, yet she feared for him.

She scanned the hall for Ellethwen, the Lorien maiden who she had taken a shine to. She saw her nowhere. Still, there would be plenty of people to talk to - though she enjoyed Ellethwen's company above most other's. She was solemn and grave, yet Mirima sensed there was something more to her than this.

(Have I got it right that Legolas is still sick? =) )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:51 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Yes, Legolas is still sick... I will post again for Aragorn after Pandora, and then also bring Harafan in. ;-) ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 11:10 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[Legolas is succumbing to the shadow right now ><]]

Ryninial had never experienced a longer few days than this past week or so. She could not explain all the stress and blood she had seen. These days were growing darker and she feared that this was only the beginning.

She had rarely left the healing wards except to show their new guests around the halls of Thranduil and spending some time with her new friend Aramel, but even then she had to cut walks short to get back to the halls of healing.

Lately she didn't need to spend as much time here in the sterile world but Legolas had yet to wake up. He had fallen into the shadow realm shortly after sewing up the wound and had yet to wake up again. She was requested to stay by his side whenever the young healer was not here.
---------------

Thranduil stood in his study, his head placed in his hands as he sat at the desk looking most distraught, his youngest son was dying and there was nothing he could do and he was expected to just go on... he was the King of the Realm and he had guests to accompany, but it was still painful.

[young healer is Aragorn]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 10:17 am 

For many days Lalaith had dwelled in the shadows. But her will was strong and at the end of the week the healers found that her fever was gone. Slowly the young woman recovered and it was for the dinner at Thranduil's hall that the Healers allowed her out of bed.

One of the Elves had given her a simple dress which fit perfectly with her slim body and she slowly walked with through the great Halls of the Mirkwood, admiring all the splendor in awe. Now she was on the mend Lalaith had thought alot about what was to happen. She did not know where to go. Her hopes to find help for her village was crumbled when she heard that a week had passed since her arrival; surely all were dead.
Lalaith could and did not think of this. She could not mourn.

Upon entering the Dining Hall, the woman looked around her somewhat insecure. She felt uncomfortable. The Elves had been most kind to her but still in their presence she felt herself shrink. Lalaith glanced around, looking for the Ranger, hoping he would be he would be there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 10:38 am 
Balrog
Balrog

~Goldleaf~ wrote:
Ellethwen watched him as he leaned against the tree, closing his eyes. Her heart was beating hard; she tried to calm herself, but her breath was hitched in her throat, and as Taurvantian knelt down in front of her, she looked at him with a kind of amazement, her dark blue eyes unblinking. She felt him take her hands.

His next words completely amazed her. "What?" she whispered. " What? " She gave a short, half-laugh, half-sob. Her long fingers clasped gently around his. More tears trickled down her face, but this time, they were born of astonishment and joy, not sorrow. "You love me?" A smile trembled on her lips.
It did not falter or fade after a few moments; but it lingered, her upturned mouth at once giving her a new, shining beauty that before had been cold as winter. "Taurvantian... all this time... all this time I thought that you were just being kind to me, just being polite... and I thought that if it was nothing more than that then it was better for me not to let you know how I felt, to hide my emotions. But..." she wiped her eyes again.

She brought her hands up to his face. It felt almost as if she was dreaming; she could never have imagined feeling so happy. "I love you, Taurvantian of Mirkwood." The smile still radiant on her face, she leaned forward and kissed him.

(Okay! E&T, you finally got together, after months of waiting, and plotttinggggggg! :lol:
Sorry if all this romance is making anyone awkward :lol: Tehehe!)

((Woohoooo! :lol:))

Taurvantian, smiling, reached up with one hand to brush a tear off Ellethwen's face. "It's true," he murmured softly. "I do love you." His heart seemed as though it had leapt into his throat. His dark eyes, wide and full of emotion, wandered all over her face, trying to memorize every last square centimeter. How beautiful she was when she smiled! His golden hair, gleaming like amber in the paleness of the moonlight, rippled around his shoulders. A strange happiness was written in every corner of his face.

Ellethwen's soft hands on his face nearly sent him into a trance, but the kiss sent a thrill along every nerve in his body. His hands traveled up to her shoulders and entwined themselves in the sweet waves of black hair.

~~~~~~~~~~

Orthorien went to the great Dining Hall of King Thranduil, hoping to find his brother. Taurvantian had not been quite right since he had returned a week ago, and that thought lay heavily on Orthorien's mind. He suspected that he knew the reason, but he thought it was about time to have a brother-to-brother talk.

Upon entering the hall, his brother was nowhere to be found. Sighing, Orthorien decided to stay a while and wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 12:05 pm 
Maia
Maia

This is what it feels like to be happy. To know someone loves you. Ellethwen had spent so many long years sorrowful and lonely, isolating herself from everyone. What kind of a life had she led before she met Taurvantian? She was meant for him, and he was meant for her. It was as simple as that. She no longer felt cold; her winter seemed to have passed. This changed everything, and her life took on a new purpose tonight.

After a few moments, she pulled gently back from him, surveying his face. She ran one pale hand over his jawline. "I thought I'd spend my life alone." She shook her head, torn between laughing and crying. "But I can see no parting from you from here."
She paused, reaching for his hand and interlinking her long fingers with his. "We should go into the hall soon," she said. She had not been keen to attend dinner before, too numb with pain to eat food or converse with anyone, but it was different now. "Mirima is worried for her brother's wellfare, and she has been so kind to me - we should sit with her."

~~~

Mirima took a seat at one of the long tables in the hall, sweeping her golden skirts out of the way. Her worries for Legolas still plagued her mind; she could not bear to think of losing him. She could not imagine a life without any member of her family. But she knew she had to keep a brave face; none of the royal family could ever be seen to be anything but valiantly cheerful. She picked up a golden glass filled with wine and lifted it to her lips.

Over the rim she spotted someone enter the hall who looked familiar. Orthorien, Taurvantian's brother. He seemed to Mirima to appear concerned about something; probably his aforementioned brother. Taurvantian had been behaving oddly this past week, and in fact, so had Ellethwen - Mirima had put two and two together the moment she had met them both. She was certain that they were meant to be together, and playing matchmaker would take her mind, if only a little, off her concerns for her brother. But neither of them were here; she hoped, for them, that they would sort the matter out themselves. She had heard the muffled sound of Ellethwen sobbing, probably with her face burrowed in her pillow, in her room at night, since it was just beside Mirima's. It would be good to see the elf maiden smile for once.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2009, 5:42 pm 

[ Bumpy dumpy :whistle: ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 9:51 am 

[ Is this dead? :( ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 9:56 am 
Maia
Maia

(I miss a Sleepless Malice </3
Wouldn't it be cool if we could get it up and running again? :-D The Caras Galadhon section needs reviving! :) )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 10:11 am 

[ Jup! Ara and Pan we're quite excited about this.. I hope we can revive this! :-D ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 10:18 am 
Maia
Maia

(So do I! :-D Shall we try and give it a kickstart? :-D We could try and PM everyone who was participating in the RP before, and who're still around the forum, to see if they're still interested in continuing the story :-D )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next