Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: A Sleepless Malice
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 7:01 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

<center>A Sleepless Malice
A Mirkwood Roleplay
Developed by the Legolas Frenzied Aramel Elyanwe and Pandora

It is the beginning of the Third Age of Middle Earth and there has been an evil growing around the borders of Mirkwood. The spiders within the forests grow bolder and closer to the stone kingdom of Mirkwood. Orcs threaten the borders of Mirkwood and every day these evils grow and no longer is Mirkwood a safe haven for the Elves.

It now becomes the fate of one Elf, the youngest son of King Thranduil, to become the greatest warrior or Mirkwood. This is where our tale begins, Legolas must train and learn the ways of the warrior so that he can help aide in the defeat of the pressing wickedness growing in these lands.

With the help of close friends and family, will he be able to live up to his destiny?
</center>

<center>Image</center>

Canon Characters ::
Legolas- Played by Pandora
Thranduil - Played by Pandora
Aragorn - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Elrond- Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Gandalf-Played by Maethoriel

Original Characters ::
Ryninial-Played by Pandora
Aramel-Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Talathion-Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Maethoriel Heledir-Played by Maethoriel
Legolas's Brother: Sylied- Played by Jax Nova
Zekiera Vaiez- Played by Jax Nova
Legolas's Sister 2: Deawen- Played by Deawen Elsent
Legolas's Sister 1: Mirima - Played by Goldleaf
Ellethwen- Played by Goldleaf
Lalaith-Played by Will
Taurvantian-Played by Nerissa
Dawn- Played by *Ennostiel*
Megildurion- Played by Turwaithion

Needed ::
Legolas's 2 Sisters-
Elladan-
Elrohir-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Legolas stood in the middle of the field just outside his home. It was an area with sparse trees, targets were set against trees from various lengths of distance from where Legolas was standing. His flaxen locks were loose, hanging upon his shoulders as he ran his fingers almost intimately across the bow. Sighing he brought the bow up to the needed position, his other hand drawing over his shoulder where his quiver sat and with a quick motion unseen by those who were not of elf kin he set the bow in place and let loose. The motion could be called elegant, yet Legolas knew that it was far from perfect. His fingers hand caught in the bow string and his aim was off.

The arrow wooshed through the air with great speeds and landed upon the first target well outside the center. He repeated this motion over and over again until his quiver was empty and found that only two of the arrows had hit their target.

His jaw clenched and his hands fisted against his bow.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Last edited by Pandora on December 3rd, 2008, 8:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 7:23 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Brilliant start, Pandora; I'm so excited! :D My characters, Aramel and Talathion can be found here ]]

-----------

"How much further?"

"You've been asking that question for the past hour... can you not think of anything else?"

Aramel frowned at her elder brother and brought Bree to an abrupt stop. She pet the horse's coat and spoke softly to it in Elvish. "Forgive me for being inquisitive, Talathion - but it is a rarity for Lord Elrond to send us anywhere alone; especially to Mirkwood." Her gaze was directed upwards as she watched a black crow fly overhead, its call carried upon the wind. The forest was strangely quiet, save for the occasional rustle of a bird or some other small animal in the trees. There was said to be evil lurking on the borders of the woods - evil what came straight out of Mordor. Creatures that would not hesitate to attack elves and devour their flesh and use their bones as weapons. Until now, Aramel had thought it a fairy tale - one that parents told young children to keep them from the woods... but now she was not so sure.

"If you must know," Talathion sighed, "we are here. Keep to yourself and allow me to do the talking."

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 9:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Do you have an opening for another OC?)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 9:14 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[Of course... all OCs are open ^^ see needed... feel free to join the more the merrier, me and Aramel are way beyond excited for this RP]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 9:15 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[ Yay! Hello there Maeth! We would love to have you join this... huzzah! :D ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 9:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Hey, y'all! Awesome! I can also play Gandalf if you need him about at some point in time. Here's her bio:

Maethoriel Heledir

Age: Far too old (as she generally says, she's around 6, 584)

Race: Half-elf

Appearance: Around 5'4'' with dark brown hair and eyes. The left side of her face has one long scar starting above her brow, skipping her eye socket and finishing at her lip. She also has many more scars on the rest of her body, but they are generally covered by her unnecessary amount of clothing. She is almost never seen without a cloak, and always wears long sleeves and pants.

Personality: Maethoriel avoids being constrained to one attitude, she does what she wants when she wants and does not care for the consequences.

Weapons: She predominately uses sickles, and knives. She finds swords too cumbersome and is completely useless with a bow.

Maethoriel was born in Mirkwood, and is probably one of the first half-elves of Middle Earth. Her father was a merchant and met her mother when he was trading goods with her father. Her mother died when giving birth to Maethoriel's younger sister, her father was able to hold off on leaving Middle Earth for 100 years before his grief overtook him. He entrusted his daughter's care to her grandfather.She became rather restless in the town and left one night without a word, only to find herself in Mordor, she quickly succumbed to the offer of power and learned the way of the sword. She earned the high rank of general before she deserted. After her experience she was greatly changed, often working on both sides to prevent herself from being injured. She was strange in her choice of friends and met a dwarf lady by the name of Nin Irohand, the two were fast friends due to similar interest, after Nin passed on and Maethoriel befriended her son, Grair and the two were nearly insperable. Her last name, Heledir (Kingfisher), is more or less a title that she adopted. It was given to her for various reasons. She has few close friends and tells them little about her life.Maethoriel is more or less known for the gossip that tends to follow her, there are quite a few rumors about her origins (none of them complementary) and she tends to promote them instead of dispel them simply because it is a great source of entertainment for her. Maethoriel lives for battle and deception, when a fight breaks out she either started it or jumps in.[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 9:48 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[Great charrie, have added you and feel free to join in with a post while we wait for others to join... C'mon people... it's going to be a lot of fun]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 9:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hey, sounds like a fun RP, most of the ones I am in are dead or on hold so I will join. :)

I'll play whichever character that you need most for the story, I looked at the list and couldn't decide what I wanted to be so I gured I would see if there was one you guys wanted to be filled more than the others.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 10:02 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[We really need Legolas' brother and Sister' as well as some more OCs]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 10:04 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

ok... well that narrows down the list. :P

I could play Legolas' brother I guess. Although I know nothing about him so you would have to fill me in a little like his name, background, preferances all that if any of the books say anything about that... (not sure)

If not I can just make it all up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 10:04 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Well Legolas's brother is supposed to end up dying so Legolas can become the King of Mirkwood one day, so if you want two characters or more that would be better. ;-) And you can make up a bio for him since he really doesn't have a brother in Tolkienland. :P]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 10:05 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[In the books Legolas has no siblings, we just wanted to give him 4 sisters and a brother for plot sake ^^]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 10:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Aha.. gotcha. :) Ok I can play legolas' brother and another OC

I'll try to get my bios up tomorow, I better get off for today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 10:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Thanks! I'm excited this does seem like it will be awesome.)

Maethoriel walked the woods, caution thrown to the wind, she was not watching where she was going, things crunched and snapped and she did not care. At this time in her life there was no creature in all of Arda that could surprise or scare her. Even the dark that seemed to smother parts of the woods bounced off her frame fantastically.

Her back was straight and her eyes fixed ahead; she knew exactly where she was headed. These woods were easy for her to read, she knew them by heart. It was only a matter of time before she arrived at the residence of the Lord Thranduil.

The half-elf was here for no particular reason other than a feeling and a request. That was all she needed now, her life was no longer on a straight path like it had been in her younger years, it had long ago started to twist, loop, turn and cross. She went where she pleased when she pleased, and found that it often presented more opportunities than plans did. She looked off towards the a thin spot in the trees to gauge the light - not long now. Not long at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2008, 6:52 am 

[ I might join this, but is Aragorn really taken? :angel: ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2008, 11:00 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Ok Here are my bios.

(Legolas' Brother)

Name: Sylied Greenleaf (Edit to get his last name in there... forgot that lol)

Race: Elf of Mirkwood

Appearance: 6 feet tall, slender as most elves, long golden hair with a tint of brown dirtying it's purity, deep green eyes, and wears as a rule light blue or light green elven tunics with silver embroidering of various elven designs such as ivey, treees, and things of nature.

Weapons: He carries an elven sword and an elven bow, though he has always been better at sword play than shooting his bow and arrows.
His sword has a silver ahndle and a gold blade with silver elvish writing and his bow is a red cherry-wood color with elegent silver designs of dragons wrapping around it. The arrows are a black wood with contrasting silver feathers and a simple white-steel tip.

Personality: Cheerful and talkative around those he knows well, but holds his peace and words often. He has strong opinions but refrains from forcing them upon others, at the same time refusing to abandone them.

I won't bother with a backstory since it will be similar to Legolas' and I don't know all that much about his backstory anyway.

My second Character... I decided to make him a bit "out of the box" if something is to far out just let me know and I can change it, it's np.

Name: Zekiera Vaiez (Also called the "Water Whisperer")

Race: Unknown, but he has always been considered an adopted kin to the elves of mirkwood.

Appearance: Long black hair with red highlights, darkly tanned skinn, five feet and eight inches tall, typical build, piercing dark purple eyes.
He wears a full body suit of black, light leather armor that does not restrict movement, but it's steel that is woven into it with a secret method makes it strong enough to block a blade without killing the wearer.

Personality: Strong in voice, but elusive in his meanings. He doesn't fight much, but rather prefers to evade, wait and watch for the opertune time to strike. Evasion, defense, and survival are his strengths.
He is always serious, often silent but not shy about speaking his mind. His gravely voice seems to be mared by ages of hard life and his rough hands show a work beyond that which one would excpect.

Weapons: He has steel arm braces that can block a blade as well as matching shin and foot braces. he encourperates hand to hand fighting against swords with these.
He also carries a multitude of throwing knives.
Though he has no elven magic he posseses the unique ability to control water witht he flick of his wrist and the twitch of his fingers. He uses this power not only to protect the forest, but to bring new life to wilting and strugling plants of the nature he loves dearly.

History: Zekiera was first befriended by the elves shortly after Legolas' father became king. Since that time he has drifted in and out of elven culture, often takeing long trips off by himself into the heart of mirkwood. he has taken it upon himself to be "Guardian" of the forest and studies ardently the things of Yavanna and her creation of nature.
When the plague that be settled in Mirkwood he brought news of it to the elves, who were already prepairing to send a detachment to defeat the darkness that gloomed over head. Not willing to sit by and do nothing he insisted on aiding them.

Last edited by Jax Nova on December 1st, 2008, 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next