Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2009, 11:18 am 
Maia
Maia

(Ooh, the idea of skipping ahead in time sounds pretty good! I'm sure it will be worth waiting for :lol: Also, Nerissa and I have been making evil plots for our two lovebird characters... *refrains from laughing evilly* Fastforwarding in time will take us one step closer to the fate that awaits E&T! Don't worry, it's nothing horrible or mean ;) )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2009, 11:23 am 
Maia
Maia

(*Bump*

Live, A Sleepless Malice, liiive!

Not to pressure anyone, but it's heart-wrenching seeing the RP trailing to the bottom of the page :lol: )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 4:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Well, Megildurion's stuck in sickbed, so..... maybe 2 weeks later, or summat?))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 4:21 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

After having a conversation with those that were not injured and making sure that those that were injured were being treated Thranduil got rooms ready for all of the guests and made sure that they all had a warm bed and nourishment.

He felt terrible that their welcoming party had been a pack of orcs and goblins and was trying his best to right the wrongs of what was happening in the realm.

Sitting in his office he finally opened the letter he got from Elrond and sighed... he was going to have to set up a council now.

----------------------

[TimeSkip]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 4:36 pm 
Elf
Elf

((By how much, just to double check?))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2009, 11:37 am 
Maia
Maia

(Hoorayyyyyy!! :-D

*Ahem*

Pandora, however much the RP has timeskipped, can it be fastforwarded to night-time? :) Me and Nerissa have been plotting a cunning plot-twist for our two charries that must take place at night :lol: If you don't mind, of course ^_^)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2009, 4:45 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[fast forwarded a week nighttime!]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2009, 5:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Yayyyyy! Thank youuuu! :) )

Night in Mirkwood.
Ellethwen was in the forest, outside the court of Thranduil, sitting at the base of a tree. There was nothing to be heard but the sound of the wind rushing through the leaves above her head. It was utterly dark except for the glowing stars in the sky, and the moon, sitting in her beauty and dignity like a mother amongst her daughter stars.

Ellethwen had been given a good room; Mirima had made sure of it. It was beautifully furnished, and altogether very comfortable. Ellethwen was grateful, more grateful than she had been able to say. She had smiled falteringly at the princess when this room had been offered, unused to such kindness.

As if that wasn't generous enough, Mirima had found Ellethwen a new dress, which she wore now. It was smoky grey and made of soft, silken material, so that it puddled like sea foam at her collarbones and feet. It had long hangings at the shoulders which swooped to the ground like banners. The dark grey tone looked beautiful against Ellethwen's snowy white skin.
She wore no jewellry. Mirima had offered her gems that glittered like stars, but Ellethwen had declined. She had no love for jewellry. Still, even unadorned by Mirima's Elven jewels, Ellethwen looked beautiful. Her long black hair rippled to her back in thick waves, the breeze shivering a few strands. Her eyes, dark blue as the sea, gazed into the distance.

One week. One week since she had met Taurvantian. And knowing him was causing her as much pain as it did happiness. She knew now that she was in love with him, and one question plagued her mind; did he love her back? If he did not, then that would be more unhappiness than she could bear.

A single tear seeped from the corner of her eye. She brushed it away and took a deep breath.
She had come here to get away from the court. She was not used to the finery and grandeur of Thranduil's courts. She was used to the forest, the quiet serenity of the trees, the woodland sounds she knew from Lothlorien. And here at least she could do as she was used to doing. Singing.

Her voice floated forth into the night air; it was beautiful beyond reckoning. It was soft, and yet not weak; it wove silvery memories into the night, heart-breakingly lovely, as if the waves of the sea itself were washing up in the forest of Mirkwood. It was dark, yet light, and strong despite it's fragile beauty. Lovely in it's melancholy.

(Eeee! Neri and I have been plotting this for soooo longggg...)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2009, 9:32 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(Aaaiiieee! It's finally happening! ^_^)

Nights no longer were a time of rest for Taurvantian. The hours of darkness lent him no repose, no solace. Rather, the darkness tormented him... tormented his mind with thoughts he hardly dared to think. Daytime was enough of a problem for him; now nighttime had become a bitter enemy. Even a small child knows what sort of thoughts may become embodied then, when the blackness around you envelops you and changes from one hideous form to the next.

Taurvantian could no longer stand the silent oppressiveness of the air in his room. He rose from his simple chair, which had been his only place of rest for the past few days. He had never gone to bed; he had never even bothered to undress. He still wore his fine suit, a suit of salmon colored hue with gold embroidery around the collar and sleeves. It had been a week... only a week... since he had met her - Ellethwen, the Elven maiden from Lothlorien. Why could her graceful, dark form never leave his head? One hand clutched at his chest. Oh, if only the pain in his heart would leave him in peace! Swiftly and silently he left his dwelling. He knew he had to make for the forest... someplace where he could see the moon and the stars, someplace where he could walk under the comforting trees...

Ellethwen... His heart cried her name again and again. A whole week of this he had endured... he could not endure it for much longer. He loved her... oh, he loved her. He could not deny it. But she... she, so cold and beautiful... she, so quiet and fair... did she love him in return? Ah, there was the source of the pain. He leaned against a nearby tree, breathing heavily. He looked pleadingly up at the moon, his eyes filled with longing. Suddenly, at this very moment, a faint song wafted through the air. Entranced, as if he were walking in a dream, Taurvantian followed the sound. It was not the wind... no, it was not like anything he could remember... His ears told him the way, and he obeyed.

Soon, he knew that the source of the exquisitely delicate and lovely music was not far off. Leaning against a tree, his golden head peered around to see who could be there. What a thrill went through his body, what sweetness! He beheld his love seated beneath a nearby tree, clothed in foamy grey, the melody rippling forth from her lips. He took only one step further, staying beneath the tree, unsure if this was truly real. Oh how his heart was pounding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2009, 11:51 am 
Maia
Maia

Ellethwen's song slowly came to an end. The final notes of the sorrowful music faded into the night, and she fell silent. The pain was still present in her heart; more tears came, gliding down her pale cheeks. She wiped them away, angry at herself that she should weep. You have known sorrow before this. You have known loneliness. Why weep now? She knew why. Because she loved him. She loved Taurvantian, and it hurt too much to think that he might not feel the same way.

Suddenly, she lifted her head. She had heard the footstep on the forest floor, could sense the presense behind her. Slowly, she turned her head, to see Taurvantian, looking round a nearby tree. She made no exclaimation of surprise, but her dark blue eyes flickered at him; she could not have guessed that it would be him standing there, in this moment. She took a deep breath, and again brushed away another tear that threatened to seep down her skin.
"Oh. Taurvantian." She did not want him to see her cry. Her tone was steady; she did not want it to wobble. "What are you doing here?"

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2009, 12:41 pm 

[ *is waiting for Ara/ Pannie to post* I'm not sure where to take off]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2009, 9:35 am 
Balrog
Balrog

He had not really intended for her to see him; he did not want her song to end. But it was too late for that now. "I couldn't sleep," he said softly, hesitating to tell her the whole story of how he came to be there. He was contemplating whether he should tell her any more, or painfully take his leave then. He decided that he should stay. She was sorrowful; he himself had seen her furtively brushing tears off her pale face. "What's wrong?" he asked. He took a small step closer, his heart pounding. Why, oh why did he have to feel this way? If only his courage, so willing to come in the face of adversity, would come back to him now!

He rested one hand against the tree, trying to read what little emotion showed in her face. "You can tell me... I won't leave until you tell me what causes your distress."

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2009, 9:48 am 
Maia
Maia

Ellethwen nodded. "I see." She had not been able to sleep either. Though she was sure that she probably needed a good night's rest, she had been unable to settle in her luxurious room. She paused as he asked her what was wrong, taking a step closer. Her mind was racing. She could almost hear her heartbeat.

She took a deep breath. She could see that he was not about to leave, as he assured her himself. Finally, she looked at him again. I am going to tell him. She paused again, trying to steel herself against what pain might follow.

"Very well. I will tell you, though I may wish my words unsaid the next moment. But I can no longer bear this pain without knowing; and I will understand if you are unable to return the feelings that have been haunting me this past week."
She paused again, dark eyes flickering down to her lap. Her slender white fingers interlaced each other, knotting up in anxiety. When she looked back at him her eyes now shone with tears. "Tell me. Tell me, so that I can abandon this grief; though by no means do I lay any blame on you. Tell me if you could ever love me, as I love you." There was no flinching from those words; and she gazed at him still. "Tell me if this past week has been only kindness, and only that. I understand if I have been cold towards you, distant even, but I have never meant to push you away. All my life I have set my feelings aside. But now it seems that they have overcome me."
And then her gaze flickered downwards, and she said no more. She was fully prepared for him to reply to her that no, he could never love her. Her expression still remained sorrowful, and she did not look at him again.

(Aieeeeee... at last!! E&T!!! :lol: )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 10:12 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Taurvantian was puzzled by her uneasiness, yet she stepped closer to him. Something big must be weighing on her mind for her to be in such great distress, and he was worried by it. He did not take his eyes off her; rather, the more he looked at her, the more yearning filled his chocolate brown eyes. "You can tell me anything, and it will be safe with me," he told her, trying to lessen her uneasiness and hesitation. However, once she had begun speaking, his heart beat faster and faster, until it seemed to stop altogether. He was forced to rest his head against the tree also, and his eyes closed.

"Grief.... pain...." he choked out quietly, after a moment had passed. "And you've been going through it... in silence... without giving me the slightest trace... the slightest hint..." His eyes opened, though no pain was in them now. Rather, they were illuminated by a strange light. "Ellethwen..." he whispered slowly. He half slid, half dropped to his knees in front of her, and his hands grasped her snowy white ones. "Ellethwen," he said again, "I love you." He gazed into her eyes, nearly overcome by emotion. "I had thought... I thought... that you did not love me. But I see now that I am mistaken." A faint smile passed over his face, and he reached up and gently cupped her chin in his hand. "Be sorrowful no more, Ellethwen."

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 10:29 am 
Maia
Maia

Ellethwen watched him as he leaned against the tree, closing his eyes. Her heart was beating hard; she tried to calm herself, but her breath was hitched in her throat, and as Taurvantian knelt down in front of her, she looked at him with a kind of amazement, her dark blue eyes unblinking. She felt him take her hands.

His next words completely amazed her. "What?" she whispered. " What? " She gave a short, half-laugh, half-sob. Her long fingers clasped gently around his. More tears trickled down her face, but this time, they were born of astonishment and joy, not sorrow. "You love me?" A smile trembled on her lips.
It did not falter or fade after a few moments; but it lingered, her upturned mouth at once giving her a new, shining beauty that before had been cold as winter. "Taurvantian... all this time... all this time I thought that you were just being kind to me, just being polite... and I thought that if it was nothing more than that then it was better for me not to let you know how I felt, to hide my emotions. But..." she wiped her eyes again.

She brought her hands up to his face. It felt almost as if she was dreaming; she could never have imagined feeling so happy. "I love you, Taurvantian of Mirkwood." The smile still radiant on her face, she leaned forward and kissed him.

(Okay! E&T, you finally got together, after months of waiting, and plotttinggggggg! :lol:
Sorry if all this romance is making anyone awkward :lol: Tehehe!)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 12:19 pm 

[ I'm glad you're having much fun.. but shouldn't we perhaps wait for Pan / Ara and the others to continue the plot? :P ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next