Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 1:58 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Gandalf couldn't help but smile at the boy's words. Such easy tricks brought so much joy to all races. Most did not realize that the wizard was more than happy to do them. There was not enough laughter and wonder in the world, and if a few fireworks helped to brighten it - if only for a moment - then he would do it as often as he work allowed it. That was seldom enough, but he was here to do the work of the Valar which was to bring peace and happiness to this world. The first seemed to be nearly impossible, but happiness he could spread easily enough, and he did.

"It is not trouble at all, my friend," the Grey wizard responded a chuckle adding a bit of life to his words and sparking his eyes back to their usual amusement. "Fireworks are universal in pleasing others, and even I find that I enjoy making them. It is medicinal for me," he said with a smile.

-------------------

Mordelwen listened intently to the man, perhaps too intently. It was as if she were trying to discern a hopeful plan from his words, but was sorely put off by the fact that he offered no more help than she already had. Mordelwen frowned at her own thoughts, they were rude. The man was clearly trying to be nice, she should be grateful. The somewhat spoiled elleth, checked her exasperated words, without much effort - Mordelwen was easily calmed.

"Thank you sir. Help is all we can ask, although I could not tell you what type would be useful to my lady's health. Mayhap you could speak with her one day? Doubtless she would enjoy the company of someone new, for she knows all of us too well. Interesting things might wake her fea somewhat," she offered - trying to give the man something to work with should he actually mean his words.

-------------------

Maethoriel stiffened at the nickname. She hated nicknames as did most elves she found. What was the use in being named something if another person was going to hack the (perfectly wonderful) word to bits. Ridiculous, she thought, shaking her head in annoyance before turning to Saira with a vicious scowl, this was the only sign of recognition she gave to the woman before turning back to Hadhod and Grair.

"Do not need a guide?" She reiterated mockingly. "We both know that you have an awful sense of direction, Hadhod. You should not send me away lest you end up against a party of orcs," she said in an almost threatening manner.

The word trouble maker hit the woman's ears and something that had already broken shattered in her mind and from her position above Hadhod her eyes locked on his it was quite likely that he could see the violent explosion take place.

"Trouble maker? You put it lightly - say what you mean, Dwarf. Better word would be traitor," she reminded, her now quiet voice willing old memories to rise and she grinned like a Cheshire cat as out of the corner of her eyes she saw Grair grit his teeth. She hadn't said anything distinguishable to the rest of the group, but she knew Grair remembered the day she left, and that little moment of pain and anger in his eyes made her day.

"And would rather be traitor than a spineless worm who will not leave his hole," she countered. "I will not run you in circles because that would be pointless for me," she returned, as if the explanation was good enough.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 11:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sairahiniel looked a tad smug when the half-elf turned back towards the dwarves. The scowl was enough. For now. She would definitely find more opportunities for trouble with the woman later, and then tell outrageous stories and Maeth would forgive her. That's the way it always had been.

The two had been through more than a few bad times together, and despite the fact that Maeth was feral and she played the lady, they were much more alike than either of them cared to admit.

However the situation with the little men was sort of getting out of hand. They were all armed to the teeth, and most of them were starting to take out their axes. The elf's gauntlets were enough. Lord Elrond probably wouldn't appreciate a full-scale battle on his doorstep.

Her concern flashed on her face for a moment, before assuming the same interested expression. Her friend could look after herself. She was worried about the dwarves. There was at least four dozen years of cradles hurts in those words... They were far too angry with Maeth to even notice her snide remark.

With a toss of those autumn curls, she sniffed and waltzed back to her horse. She would join the column as Maeth would lead the dwarves to Rivendell. 400 leagues without a word, after the bustle of a ship, was a pleasant change. But she needed to talk important matters with the elf. Hopefully Gandalf had arrived as well... Her face now grim, the usual twinkle in her glorious eyes was gone, and they were a steely grey. Pleasantries were well and good, but the matter at hand was perhaps so much greater that every moment wasted was another moment the Enemy took.

Saira mounted the huge stallion and led him to the likely path they would take. Maeth probably intended to lead them to Imladris. Probably.

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 10:29 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Meldiron smiled stiffly, trying the diffuse the tense air around himself and Vanya. He was worried that she might not reply, that she might curl up her lip and turn away... but he had to speak to her. That hard shell around her... the aura of stand-offishness... he had to at least try to penetrate it. At her quiet reply, his smile grew a little more genuine and warm. "How are you doing this fine morning?" She's quite a lovely sort of Elf, he thought to himself. Even if she does take a while to... warm up to you.

He leaned against the wall beside her feet, waiting patiently for her next words, should more come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 10:38 am 
Maia
Maia

Vanya noted his smile wordlessly. What cause had she given him to smile? She did not smile in return. She inwardly shrank away from him, longing for him to just walk away. But another, smaller, less confident part of her was telling her it was time she talked to someone, time she started being sociable. But the part of her that wanted to turn everyone away, give off that cold exterior, was stronger, and extremely stubborn.

How are you doing this fine morning? She repeated his words in her head. How am I doing? She felt a furious, infinitely miserable pang of grief inside her. She wasn't doing well. Not well at all. She was unhappier than she had ever been in her life. She missed her family so much; she felt so alone. But there was no way she was going to betray any feelings to him.

"Thank you for asking me, my lord," she replied, perfectly civilly, but with that frosty edge to her voice. "I am quite well." She held his gaze, as if to dare him to try and get a friendly response from her. She felt on the verge of bursting into tears, but none of that could be seen in her smooth composure.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 3:06 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Bolt grinned widely, his mind slowly going over the memories of the night of fireworks that he and Gandalf had just spoken of. "It did indeed brong us much happiness." He said quietly. Then shaking himself he glanced out the window before back to Gandalf. "Let me know, Mithrandir, if I begin to annoy you with my talk. I am afraid that some of my brother's annoying personality might have rubbed off on me." He said with a grin that made him look even more like his identical twin than before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It would be my plasure to speak with her." Nock said sincerely. "I love talking to people- though sometimes they say I talk to much." he added with a small laugh. He liked Mordelwen very much, and he could see that she was saddened by her friends sorrowful fading, and he sincerely did wish to help if he could.

Turning towards Bolt when he heard the words 'brother' and 'annoying personality', Nock frowned with fake displeasure. "I hope you are not talking about me, brother." He said palyfully. "I am the farthest thing from annoying as a person can be. - Is that not right, miss Mordelwen?" he asked, turning back to Mordel with a playful wink.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadhod swore lightly as Sairahiniel appeared. Another elf was definatly the last thing he wanted to see or hear right now. The fact that the newcomer appeared to annoy Maethoriel pleased him some, but not enough to cover his annoyance and obvious dislike for the elf who still stood before him.

"A party of orcs would be most welcome compared to you, elf." Hadhod growled moodilly. He was tired of the elf's ceasless mocking, and was beginning to get very angry indeed, though he held it in check for the time being.

Gritting his teeth, Hadhod's eyes glinted. "Aye, on that you're right, elf. - traitor would be a better word for you." he half spat. He glanced at Grair for a breif second before looking back up at the elf. He too remembered the day Maeth had left, and he let the bitter resentment and anger show freely in his face. "As for leading us 'roud in circles, you'd do it simply for the ammusment of it." He glanced sideways at Grair once more, desiring some sort of help from his friend, who for the most part had stayed silent through most of the conversation.

just a big man with a suit of armor.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2009, 10:06 am 
Balrog
Balrog

How cold Vanya was, thought Meldiron to himself. But she would speak to him, he would see to that! And she would be honest with him, too... She was being too civil right now. He shuffled one foot on the ground as he thought of what to say next. "I saw you in the garden this morning, but I didn't have the time to speak to you then. I've seen you around the place here... thought you might be a nice person to get to know, you know what I mean? I always like to meet new people..." He rambled onward, trying to find something to say that might elicit an answer from the frosty elf.

Almarea, sitting almost directly behind him about ten feet away, had a slight fit of coughing just then. Meldiron paused anxiously, almost ready to take his leave of Vanya. But the fit soon stopped, and turned into nothing worse. "I'm sorry..." Meldiron said to Vanya. "I... my mother is under my care here, and... well, I always have to make sure she's... she's all right. Can't be too careful..." He smiled at her again. "What about yourself? Have you got family here, too?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2009, 10:20 am 
Maia
Maia

Vanya watched calmly as Meldiron talked on. Her reply was smooth and almost toneless, giving away no opinion one way or the other, no feeling. "I know. I saw you," she said. "I had heard that there were two mortals here in Imladris." She turned her head as Almarea broke out into a coughing fit; she felt a pang of sympathy for her. Poor woman. She noted the expression of worry fleeting across Meldiron's features, and met his gaze coolly as he looked back at her and explained his anxiety. "I should think there was nothing more important than caring for your kin," she said crisply. He did not have to explain himself to her. In fact, why was he even still here? She had given him no warm response to warrant him continuing the conversation with her.

Then, his question. That small, but very painful question. It took Vanya by surprise, and it was unfortunate for Meldiron that he did not know that it was the worst question he could have asked her.
"Have you got family here, too?
She choked slightly. Her hand flew to cover her mouth. My family. The words triggered the terrible hurt that had been building up inside her for so long; all the pain, the ache that had been knawing away at her heart and mind. She had been able to keep it inside because no one talked to her about it. But this man had unknowingly caused all these feelings to brim to the surface.
A tear suddenly sprang from her eye and ran down her cheek. Astonished, she brushed it away and hastily turned away from him, turning her back on him so that he might not see her weeping.
"I'm sorry," she said, trying to maintain her dignified, cold tone, but it was strung with tears. She would not look at him. How dare he ask her about her family? What right did he have to make her feel this way? But, he did not know, she reminded herself, he did not know they are gone. All the same, she was furious.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2009, 9:38 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Meldiron nodded. Caring for one's kin had become his life as of late; rather, ever since his father died. It seemed as though it had not been so very long ago; how could it be that he and his mother had been suffering for all these years now? The smile remained painted on his face, the usual token of friendliness that habitually haunted his features. When he smiled, no one could see what he truly felt. In his mind, that was very good.

Suddenly he realized that something was terribly wrong with Vanya. Could it be... could it be that she truly was crying? Perhaps she was not as emotionless as she seemed. Meldiron's smile was gone now. He was practically on his knees in fear and worry, wringing his hands. "My... my lady! I'm sorry... I didn't mean to offend you!" he cried. "Please... please! Now now, don't cry..." Of all the days he had ever wished he had a clean handkerchief with him, this was the day. He surely hadn't expected this reaction from her.

Almarea had calmly finished her breakfast when she heard frantic noises behind her. She turned around and beheld her son trying to comfort that weeping, frosty elf. With eyebrows raised, Almarea lifted her water glass to her lips and took a slow sip. Why did her son have to get into the most awkward situations... She sighed and turned back to the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2009, 9:47 am 
Maia
Maia

"My lord, I am quite fine." Vanya still had her back turned on Meldiron, and she was very clearly not fine at all; her voice was thick with tears, and she appeared to be brushing them off her cheeks. She could not see him, still determinedly turned away from him, but she could tell that he was frantic in trying to comfort her. He had no idea what he had said or done to have upset her.

She took several deep breaths to compose herself. She dried her eyes again and finally, very slowly turned to look at him.

Her icy blue eyes were still full to the brim with tears, though her features were once again obstinately smoothed into that cold look. "Do not trouble yourself," she said. "You were not to know." She paused, supposing she had better explain to him exactly why he had upset her, otherwise she was sure that he would think her quite mad. It hurt to talk about it though, and her voice was strained.
"My family have departed to the Grey Havens. So in answer to your question, no, I do not have any family here. I reside here quite alone." Her pale hands were once again folded on her lap; she felt like clenching them into fists.

Are you happy now?

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{bumpeth}

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 2:09 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sorry it took so long. :blush:)

Gandalf mimicked the boy's look, pleased that a memory could bring up such an expression from a grown man. Fireworks were once again added to his favorite things about his work, and in his mind he could swear that the laughter of the Valar was there. Out of all the Maiar sent to aid in the saving of Middle Earth he retained the closest bond to them, followed not too long after by Radagast - who nearly always heard his lady's call. Nienna, who spoke often to her favorite of the Maiar, said that her kinsmen were readily heard by those who worked for them. Thusly, Gandalf - the equivalent of the Jack of all trades of the Maiar - could hear them all quite clearly.

His grin widened, if at all possible. Apparently those who sent him agreed with a few of his tactics, and he was once again gladdened that he had taken up the hobby that his kinsman Sauramon was so quick to dismiss as rubbish and child's play.

"I am most pleased to hear that," the old wizard said, while itching at one of his bandages, but his hand paused when Mordelwen and her sharp gaze alighted on it and gave the man a most unhappy look.

He chuckled sheepishly - feeling almost like a child under a mother's disproving gaze when she catches a child stealing treat - and turned back to Nock. "No, you are most pleasant company. I do not suppose you have any more news of your home? I need to hear all, but if I can wait until Thranduilion arrives to receive it if you were instructed to keep things to yourself."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mordelwen nodded gratefully. "Would you truly?" She asked, her hands clasped together and pulled to her chest - the picture of excited innocence. "Oh, but you would be a savior if you did, my dear sir!" She exclaimed, before coughing into her hand, as she realized how her outburst was a bit loud and the wizard was beginning to give her an odd look.

The black haired Elleth snickered behind her hand at the brothers' playful banter and was reminded of she and her own sibling, who she wished heartily would return soon from his journey. But, she supposed that was a bit much to ask, at least he wrote when he could and she knew he was safe. All the same, though. He would be of some use about Rivendell.

The woman was drawn from her short reverie by Nock. She chuckled at his remark and shook her head, shaking her finger and tutting. "Sir, you do try and put words into my mouth that are not my own. Your attitude and its characteristics are...debatable, I am sure," she said jokingly. After all, she'd been quite enjoying their talk.

Maethoriel feigned another injury to the heart. Clutching her chest and stumbling backwards before standing straight again. Once again the half-elf felt the field turning in her favor. She had measured their ideas on her person and found, much to her pleasure, that they matched most others. The dwarves hated Maethoriel with a passion, and the women was more than equipped to deal with hatred. Other emotions would have been unwelcome.

The change in the woman was disturbingly noticeable. Where she had been posed in her awkward, faux comfortable position she now stood straighter and her eyes which had been sparked by blood and death now died to be cold as slate and impassive as the stone. Her smile was in direct contradiction, pulled out across her face so far that her lip had split again and another rivulet of blood joined with that of the self made cut from before.

"Oh, I will do no such thing Dwarf. No fear of that," she said harshly, the last words a strange laugh. "I have better things to waste my day with than a bunch of Naugrim lost in the woods," She finished, purposely using the Elvish derogatory term for the Dwarves. The proper term being Anfang.

Grair growled at the woman. "You best watch your tone or we'll put you six feet under," he warned. Nodding to Hadhod and clapping a hand on his friend's shoulder. He watched the woman for a response, but unfortunately did not receive the violent one he had hoped for - Aule, he wanted to break at least one of her ribs.

"I would like to see that," the woman retorted, turning her back - a certain sign of disrespect, signalling that she thought he was no threat. "But you will have your wish before this war is over," she said quietly, walking ahead, signalling for Gloin - whom she assumed lead the group, to follow.

Grair cursed under his breath for over a minute after the group had once again began to move, once again he remained by Had's side. Certain that at least he hadn't been thrown off by the dark-haired enigma's arrogance.

"Cryptic btich," he said angrily, his black gaze boring holes into the back of their new guide's head. "We shouldn't have to put up with the likes of that thing. This Elrond had best learn how to keep his dog's on a leash and learn to put the rabid one's down," he finished looking to his friend for his thoughts.

Last edited by Maethoriel on June 19th, 2009, 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 2:55 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Bolt laughed to himself as Mordelwen glared sternly at Mithrandir for itching at his bandages. He had never seen anyone treat the old Maia this way before, and it greatly ammused him.

He smiled appolgetically, shaking his head. "I am afraid that I am under orders not to talk about anything important untill the Prince arrives. I can give you news of the latest battles with the orcs of Dol Guldur, but i fear that is all." Bolt looked like he felt just a bit silly for keeping secrets from Mithrandir of all people, but orders were orders, after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nock grinned wide at Merdelwen's somewhat loud outburst, but he did not laugh, as that would have been rude.

He pretended mock insult as mordelwen told him that his attitude and its characteristics were "debatable", but then grinned wide and shook his head. "You and my brother are probably right," he said with a good natured laugh. "I suppose I can be annoying, sometimes." Leaning agisnt the wall, he continued to grin widely. "So, tell me more of oyrself, miss Mordelwen." he asked cheerilly, "Does your family live in Rivendell?"

Hadhod swore none-to-softly as Maethoriel insulted them, and growled his agreement with Grair as his friend threatened the elf gruffly. He tightly fingered his axe as if he would have liked nothing better than to help Grair carry out the threat.

He stared in angry surprise as Maeth turned her back on them, showing that she thought them no threat at all. Gripping his axe, he considered giving her one good whack with it, just to make himself feel better, but his wiser side talked him out of it. It would have been dishonourable to strike a woman while her back was turned - even if that woman was Maethoriel.

Growling again as the company began to follow Maethoriel, Had trumped gloomilly along beside Grair. Fining ammusement in Grair's comment, he nodded in agreement. "That one especially should have been put down a long time ago." he said, nodding in Maeth's direction with a dark glare. He continued on silently, his face set in a heavy scowl.

just a big man with a suit of armor.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 6:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sairahiniel absently nibbled on a copper curl as the argument unfolded. Dwarves bored her terribly, and the incident with the elf was one of the few things that interested her when it came to them. Their reaction had been so irrational... So childish.

A smile came with that thought. Men in general are childish but dwarves to it to a whole new level. Maybe one day she would find the time and patience to spend some time with them and talk to them about things they valued... It might be fun. For a while anyways. The elf took the lock from her mouth as the party began trooping in her general direction.

Clicking to the stallion, she steered him so that she could have him walk next to Maeth when she passed. There was something magical about the woods around Rivendell that she absolutely adored. Sh was and elf after all, and she did have a special something for the trees and the earth. She acknowledged with a sigh the fact that she was bound to the sea as a mother to a daughter, but maybe one day she would come here and spend a few quiet centuries reading. She loved her crew, but sometimes she tired of men and fish. Women need other women around, she conceded and pushed Baron next to the dark-haired elf.

"You look lovely as ever, dear." She smiles and winked down at Maeth. "I trust that the summons were very general if the Tinies are here...." She manages a polite nod to Gloin who she had briefly met thanks to Gandalf. He returned the nod and she turned her attention back to her kinswoman. "Is Mithrandir here already?" She desperately needed to talk to the wizard...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 4:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The old wizard nodded in response, only slightly put off. He was not used to evasion being used on his own person. That was his trick and, truth be told, he didn't at all like the roles reversed. It was maddening knowing something, but not everything. All the facts remained jumbled and wouldn't fall together because of a few key pieces. All so troublesome. He missed the days where one could speak their mind without worrying over a dagger in their back after all was said and done. Although, now, he began to wonder if there were ever days like that or he was just remarkably dumb when he first arrived.

Mithrandir sighed. The latter was probably true. All his knowledge was stored into his staff only to be used when needed, but treachery and the ways of the world were not in there. Those, he had to learn all on his own like everyone else in Middle Earth, and they had been bitter pills to swallow for certain.

"Pity," he replied to the child in front of him, "I already have heard of such skirmishes from others. I suppose I shall have to wait for the rest of the news like everyone else."

-------------------------------

Mordelwen smiled at the man. "Not probably, dear sir. Are. Everyone's personality and how it affects those about them are debatable. It is why we have close friends and rivals and enemies..." the woman reasoned.

His question of her home was cause for another smile. "For now we are. My mother is of Noldor descent and often travels away from us, although my brother and I enjoy it quite the same..." her sentence was interrupted by a jovial chuckle from the man occupying the bed.

"You are being cryptic, that apparently runs in the family as well," the Maia said with another laugh.

Mordelwen's brows knit together for a moment. "Maybe," was her lame response, which only caused the wizard to laugh more. Mordelwen did not often like being compared to her mother, but the wizard liked to point out the similiarities at times.

--------------------------------------

Maethoriel snorted in amusement and cast a glance skyward before letting it fall back to Sairahiniel atop her horse.

"Flattery shall get you no where with me, Sairahiniel. So, you may as well forgo it altogether," the woman said flatly, removing a knife from her belt to begin scraping blood and dirt from under her less than immaculately kept fingernails.

She grimaced. Sairahiniel fancied herself clever that much the woman knew. If anything, Maethoriel would be one to give it to her if she didn't use such odd commentaries to flaunt it.

"Tinies?" The woman said with a scowl. "And it is not general at all, but very specific. That much I know. They were called for a reason not just for a might or might not be happening conversation," she responded, flicking her wrist to wave aside an invisible bother in front of her with the knife.

"Yes, the wizard is here. And the man of the hour it would seem from all the questions I get about him. It begs to wonder why they think I should know." The last sentence was muttered in a completely annoyed tone. She and the wizard were not on the best terms - that is not to say that she was on good terms with anyone, save maybe the Beornings - who always found her good fun if a bit caustic.

----------------------------------------

Grair nodded in agreement and followed behind the group muttering curses upon no good Elves and their worthless chatter.

The woods were now closing in further over their head, the canopy becoming dense to block out the light. The dwarf might have almost found it comforting, like walking through a tunnel if not for all the trouble they had had getting here. Not to mention they were being lead by a murderer and an as of yet unnamed Elf who was chattering away like no tomorrow. Like this was all very normal.

"This had best not last long," he muttered to Hadhod, thinking of how he already missed home. "I should like to see stonework again. The longer we are away the less there are to protect the mountain and I don't place much hope that this'll give us any answers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 9:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She patiently listened to the grouchy woman, laughing with the last remark. "Well, people wouldn't come just to see you that's certain. Unless you owed them money or they was someone who wanted revenge for you killing their family." The elf tapped one thoughtful finger against her cheek, "Oh but I forgot! Orcs could care less. In which case that leaves the money issue. Or some obscene favor..." She shot a pointed look down at Maeth and grinned.

"But I wasn't flattering. You know me better than that, I hope. I meant it. You dont smell horribly nice though... Maybe after you bathe I can tell you some stories that I've picked up. Im certain that information that I have will interest you."

The Homely House had come into view and she sighed. Maybe Glorfindel would find some time to talk to her. These things always seemed inevitable. Saira remembered exactly why she disliked having to go inland. All the tedious talking and saying things one didn't mean but had to. She made a mental note that she would yell at him instead of the usual irritatingly polite conversations they had. A good fight ought to make her deliriously happy.

Still looking at the buildings ahead, she spoke to Maeth, her voice quiet and serious. "Do you know where he is? I have to speak with him as soon as we arrive. I thought that he would be arriving later, but the sooner I see him, the sooner Im not the responsible one anymore."

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 5:32 am 

~Goldleaf~ wrote:
"Arianna." Lainathiel pondered over the healer's name for a few moments before nodding. "Mine is Lainathiel." Her gaze swivelled back to the view of Rivendell she had been admiring, almost forgetting the people beside her; she seemed to remember herself after a while and turned a strange smile towards Arianna and Firyal; her eyes rested on the young Harad woman again. "And pray, what is yours? For to introduce you to our Lord we must do so by name."

"My name is Firyal... from the House of Ciryaher." The Haradwoman paused for a moment and was glad that her brother and father never would come to know that she'd introduced herself with the name of their House to Elves of Middle Earth. That feeling was quickly replaced by shame as she realised that her family had probably sworn never to acknowledge her existence again. But that did not matter anymore.
As they approached the Halls of Rivendell Firyal felt her shield of courage crumble and she quietly waited for her compainions to take her to their Lord.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next