Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Song to Tinúviel
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 11:23 am 
Maia
Maia

It is the Third Age of Middle Earth, and the time of the Elves is nearing it's end. Many now leave for the Grey Havens, the land of eternal life beyond the sea. But many also stay, scattered and divided as they are in their places of exile. This tale takes place in Imladris, or Rivendell in the common speech, home of Lord Elrond Halfelven and his children.

Vanya walked alone in one of the beautiful gardens of Rivendell, pale hand trailing across the flowers that grew there. It was a cold morning, but she paid no heed to it; the cold might bite her skin, but it was nothing compared to what she felt inside, the acute loneliness. She was alone here; her family were gone from this place, gone to the Grey Havens. Vanya knew that she could be with them again, but that meant going to the harbour, taking one of the ships that would leave Middle Earth forever, to cross the sea.
She could not bring herself to. It would feel too much like giving up hope on the world she would leave behind; many now spoke of the doom of Men, that they were not strong enough to fight back the coming storm. So it seemed the only option for the Elves was to leave. Just leave, without lifting a hand to aid those they had once fought alongside.
A cold breeze shivered through Vanya's dark red hair. She continued walking in silence. She spent most of her days like this. She did not wish to exchange conversation with anybody. In the evening the Elves would gather in the Hall of Fire to share stories and sing songs; yet though Vanya sat there with them, she told not a single tale or sung a single verse. Grief ever knawed at her, and as such she seemed cold, and appeared unfriendly.
She had heard that Lord Elrond would soon hold a council, for he had sent word to many folk from far-off lands to come to Rivendell; many spoke of it, and Vanya wondered what would be said there. But it was a few days away yet; and what kind of help would the Elves offer, as the grey ships waited for them by the harbour, to take them away from the troubles of Men?

~~~

Name: Vanya
Race: Elven
Appearance: Long, dark red hair, pale skin, frosty blue eyes. Has an icy kind of beauty, with elegant features; high cheekbones and slim brows. Tall of stature and slim of build. Dresses mostly in warm colours such as cherry red or dark green, though her demeanor is cold.
Personality: Quiet. Seldom speaks to anyone. Carries herself with immense dignity and elegance. Her expression reveals nothing; and she reveals her feelings to no one. Yet beneath this icy exterior is an immense loneliness; she misses her family, and is alone in Rivendell.
History: Vanya is the eldest child of two Rivendell Elves, who have now departed for the Grey Havens, as have her two younger brothers. Vanya silently grieved at their departure; she spends much time alone, walking in the gardens or reading.

~~~

<center> -Characters-
Vanya - played by ~Goldleaf~
Aramel Elyanwe - played by Aramel Elyanwe
Harafan - played by Aramel Elyanwe
Meldiron - played by Nerissa
Amariel - played by Nerissa
Maethoriel Heledir - played by Maethoriel
Mordelwen Heledir - played by Mordelwen Heledir
Grair Ironhand - played by Maethoriel
Arianna - played by Syneva Lindenshield
Nock Seagazer - played by Henoluin
Bolt Starwatcher - played by Henoluin
Firyal - played by Will
</center>

Okay, so this is obviously a Rivendell RP! :) Join as an Elf from Rivendell (or any other kind of Elf), or someone from the race of Men, or a Dwarf - people who would visit Rivendell, perhaps for the council! :) The council itself will not be for a while yet, so we shall sort out canon characters later, if anyone wishes to join, that is! Have fun! ^_^
xxx

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Last edited by ~Goldleaf~ on April 23rd, 2009, 5:39 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 3:47 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I would love to join this, with two OC's. So, if I understand, we're in Rivendell just before the Council of Elrond takes place...?

Name: Aramel Elyanwe

Pictures: http://i39.tinypic.com/2vtz42g.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/ddhxq9.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/whmx4h.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/30kd0kl.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/ ... aramel.jpg

Race: Elf

Siblings: One Older Brother - Talathion Mithrennon

Parents: Lord Faeron of Rivendell [father] (deceased), Lady Aranel of Lothlorien [mother] (deceased)

Hair: Dark brown with a single golden Elanor

Eyes: Hazel

Apparel: When she is journeying - a green silk buttoned tunic, brown leggings and brown boots. Her hair is almost always braided unless she is at home.

Personality: After her parents died, Aramel closed herself up and does not fully trust anyone unless she has known them for a long time. She is almost always on her guard and is very quiet. Also an experienced hunter and she could survive in the wild.

Weapons: Long sword with a black hilt and elvish inscriptions.

Background/History: Aramel was born in Rivendell. When her parents Faeron and Aranel Ithilwen were slain by a group of orcs, Aramel was taken in and raised by her uncle, Elrond Halfelven. She learned early on how to use a sword and is not easily trusting after loosing her family. Aramel travels a lot with Elrond’s twin sons Elladan and Elrohir.

Companions: A white stallion named Bree

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Name: Harafan

Pictures: http://i39.tinypic.com/8x5vm8.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2gvo9kw.jpg

Race: Human

Siblings: Adraithwen [younger sister]

Parents: Lord Baredan of Gondor [father], Lady Authilwyn of Gondor [mother]

Hair: Blonde, long and matted with dirt

Eyes: Green

Apparel: The normal apparel of a Gondorian soldier; a silver helm, chest plate bearing the White Tree of Gondor, steel pauldrons and a metal fauld. Upon his forearms are silver vambraces, and greaves upon his shins for extra protection. Underneath the armor lies layers of chain mail, and a blue wool cloak upon his back. Also bears a silver ring inset with an amethyst gemstone, which he believes is “magic” for it brings him alleged good luck in battle. It turns out the ring is nothing of great value.

Personality: Harafan is a dedicated fighter - he will do whatever it takes to protect his family and country from harm, even if it means dying for them. He can be a good leader when it comes to battle, but he knows little of the lands beyond Gondor. He follows his own code of chivalry and women kindly no matter how they treat him. Harafan is polite and knows his place - gladly backing off when he knows a matter is none of his concern.

Weapons: A longbow crafted from the finest wood and arrows bearing silver feathers to represent Minas Tirith.

Background/History: Harafan was born on an overcast day to parents Baredan and Authilwyn. He grew up trying to be just like his father, a fellow soldier serving under Lord Denethor. Harafan was taught how to use a sword by his father’s friends when they were not at war, and at the age of twelve, his parents had a daughter named Adraithwen. Harafan wasn’t too fond of his new sister, but eventually grew close to her and the two spent much time together until Harafan gave his service to the Gondorian army to keep his family safe from the growing evil of Mordor.

He met Aramel Elyanwe of Imladris, and the two fell in love, but eventually Harafan was struck down by a Mordor orc.

Companions: His faithful steed, a brown horse named Cair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 3:49 pm 

If this is set in a FOTR setting and continues with the FOTR plotline, I might want to join with Aragorn.

But I'm not sure if you had that in mind Goldy?

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 4:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

Great charries, Aramel! Yup, that's right, it's set a few days before the Council of Elrond :)

And Will, I'd be glad for you to join with the lovely scruffy ranger - if you don't mind waiting a bit for him to be brought in, along with all the other canon charries? :) However, I don't think the RP would continue with the Fellowship's journey - once the Fellowship left, the plotline would continue with the OC charries. So maybe you could have an OC too? :)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:38 pm 

Well, actually.. I never felt comfortable with Elves. In my opinion they are too pretty and perfect. Too gracious :P

Is there no way to keep the scruffy ranger in the plot? :guilty:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:43 pm 
Maia
Maia

Elves are indeed very shiny ^_^

If you were to play an OC you wouldn't have to be an elf :-D More scruffy rangers are most welcome to the plot! ^_^ We can keep the canon charries in the RP for a while, for the council and nights in the Hall of Fire, but then alas they shall have to depart :(

Is that alright? =) Or am I depriving you of Strider like a big meanie? :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2009, 9:26 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Write me down, Goldy! :lol: I'll take two charries. ;)

Name: Meldiron
Race: Dunedain (Ranger of the North)
Appearance: Tall, around 6'2". Has dark brown eyes, darkly tanned skin, and shoulder-length medium brown hair with darker streaks in it.
Weapons: A long, sturdy sword and a dagger
Personality: Warm and friendly, although he is not as open now as he once was. He will talk to anyone, though, and has a talent for making people feel at ease around him. More will be revealed during the RP.
History: He was the only child of his parents, Rilien and Amariel, and was thus deeply loved and cherished. He had a relatively happy childhood, and his father taught him well in the arts of fighting, tracking, and hunting. When Meldiron was 37, his father was killed by a stray band of orcs, and Meldiron was deeply affected. He promised vengeance on the orcs, and he became more introspective than he once was. He recently arrived at Rivendell with his mother, where he hoped she might find healing from her grief and physical ailments.

~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Amariel
Race: Dunedain
Appearance: Of average height for a Dunedain woman. Has dark brown hair reaching down to her mid-back, and dark brown eyes.
Personality: Very quiet and grave, but also very sweet and patient.
History: At the age of 35, she was married to a Ranger of the North by the name of Rilien, and she gave birth to their only child, a son named Meldiron, six years later. She loved her husband and her son deeply, and was terribly grieved when her husband was killed by orcs. She never fully recovered from her grief, leading to mysterious and painful health problems. Finally, she agreed to allow her son to take her to Rivendell, hoping that Lord Elrond might be able to heal her.

There we go! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2009, 10:24 am 
Maia
Maia

Welcome Neri! :-D Great charries! Eeeee! :lol: I'm excited!

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2009, 2:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'll join with three characters and I may add more later. I'll have bios up later.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2009, 2:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Maethoriel Heledir

Race: Half-elf

Appearance: Short in stature with dark brown hair and eyes. The left side of her face has one long scar starting above her brow, skipping her eye socket and finishing at her lip.

Weapons: She predominately uses sickles, and knives. She finds swords too cumbersome and is completely useless with a bow.

Maethoriel was born in Mirkwood, and is probably one of the first half-elves of Middle Earth. Her father was a merchant and met her mother when he was trading goods with her father. Her mother died when giving birth to Maethoriel's younger sister, her father was able to hold off on leaving Middle Earth for 100 years before his grief overtook him. He entrusted his daughter's care to her grandfather. She became rather restless in the town and left one night without a word, only to find herself in Mordor, she quickly succumbed to the offer of power and learned the way of the sword. She earned the high rank of general before she deserted. After her experience she was greatly changed, often working on both sides to prevent herself from being injured. She was rather strange in her choice of friends and met a dwarf lady by the name of Nin Irohand, the two were fast friends due to similar interest, after Nin passed on Maethoriel befriended her son, Grair and the two were nearly inseparable until something took her away from the mountain. Her last name, Heledir (Kingfisher), is more or less a title that she adopted. It was given to her for various reasons. She has few close friends and tells them little about her life. Her more notable friends is Gandalf the Grey and Radagast the Brown. She met both of them by complete accident while she was lost. Maethoriel is more or less known for the gossip that tends to follow her, there are quite a few rumors about her origins (none of them complementary) and she tends to promote them instead of dispel them simply because it is a great source of entertainment for her.

Mordelwen Heledir (Often called Anarioniel)

Race: 3/4 Elf

Weapons: None

Appearance: 5'6'' Mordelwen has black hair, blue eyes and fair skin.

Mordelwen is the daughter of Maethoriel and Anarion. She was born in Rivendell and lived there until she was 125. At that time her mother decided to move into a house in the forests outside Bree. Mordelwen stayed there for a few years before returning to Rivendell and taking up healing, after finishing her apprenticeship there she decided to take up residence in Gondor to apply her knowledge in the Houses of Healing. Mordelwen is generally a happy person and this helps greatly when trying to relate to patients. Although she is not physically strong she is very resilient and is nearly always able to bounce back from tough times; she is always the first to look on the bright side. Her friends are her strength and she would do anything for them. Her dearest friends include her mother's group - Juliette, and Ilmarinen. But she also has several dear friends that work with her and has become quite close to one of the son of Hadhod a stone mason in Ered Luin.

Grair Ironhand

Appearance: He is a relatively normal height for dwarves at 4'3''. Grair has a straight red-beard and he is very meticulous about its upkeep. It is nearly always perfectly braided unless he has been in battle.

Weapons: Grair is quite talented with projectile weapons and uses a bow as well as a pair of twin throwing axes when he fights.

History: Grair was born in Ered Luin and lived their until Erebor was retaken by Thorin and his company. He has one brother named Bavor after his father. His mother, Nin -named for the color of her beard- married his father and Bavor adopted his mother's surname after they were married because Nin's family was higher on the social ladder. He inherited his abilities in battle from both of his parents. He met Maethoriel through his mother and they came to be friends over the years. Grair's favorite activities are going to market and haggling with shop owner's as well as flirting with their daughters. This trait has gotten him kicked out of several stores to the amusement of everyone in his family. Although he is not technically taken, he does have a special fondness for a wind-maid named Ilmarinen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2009, 2:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Great charries, Maethoriel! :) Glad you have you join.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 3:52 pm 

~Goldleaf~ wrote:
Elves are indeed very shiny ^_^

If you were to play an OC you wouldn't have to be an elf :-D More scruffy rangers are most welcome to the plot! ^_^ We can keep the canon charries in the RP for a while, for the council and nights in the Hall of Fire, but then alas they shall have to depart :(

Is that alright? =) Or am I depriving you of Strider like a big meanie? :lol:

:lol: Well maybe I can get another character in this RPG but I still have to think of one..

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 12:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

May I join?

Name: Arianna (air-ee-auna)
Race: Elf
Appearance: She has dark brown hair, which is almost black. Her skin is pale, and her eyes as dark as her hair. Her figure is slender. She is short for an elf. She usually wears greens or blues. She usually goes barefoot, even in the cold.
Personality: She loves to sing, but rarely does so to anyone besides her plants and the animals. She rarely goes to the Hall of Fire, but stays secluded. She almost never laughs, but when she does it is usually because one of the animals.
History: She was once in love, but the elf she loved had died, leaving her alone. Both of her parents had died when she was young (young as in 500). After those events, she could not bring herself to leave her home, Rivendell. She has never left Rivendell, and doesn't plan to. She was and is the greatest healer in Rivendell. All races come to her to be healed, even the birds of the sky or animals of the land. She is the one who keeps the gardens of Rivendell alive. Without her, they would have faded. Her gardens are her life. She has found no other reason to live.

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Last edited by Lasbelingur on May 10th, 2009, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 9:23 am 
Maia
Maia

Welcome Syneva! :-D

I think we can start soon ^_^

P.S. Will, if you still want to join, just throw in a charrie any old time :)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject: I'd like to join!
PostPosted: April 21st, 2009, 1:59 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

If thats alright? :)

just a big man with a suit of armor.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2009, 3:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hennie!!!!!!!!! YAY! I'm so happy you're here!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next