Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 12:09 pm 
Maia
Maia

“The only thing I ask of you is that you put this chance I have bestowed upon you to good use, as well as to prove those who will suspect you of misdeed wrong.” Lord Elrond gave the girl a rare, small smile as she dropped down to her knees. He took her hand and lifted her up. “There is no need to fall to your knees every time someone shows a kindness to you,” he added, his firm gaze asserting this fact. “Although I understand it well that in your life kindness must have been rare.”
He released her hand and gave a small inclination of his head. “Now. I will give the Lady Lainathiel the task of making you feel at ease here. You will find that she is a kind woman, though she appears hardened in many ways.”
He walked a few steps away from Firyal as he spoke, pacing towards an adjoining door. “I will send an attendant to bring her to me once more. Stay here whilst I am gone, I shall only be a moment. But one thing…” he paused and looked over at the Harad girl with a frown, “…and this I must emphasize the utmost importance of this to you. She is a widow; do not ask her if she is married.” With that he disappeared through the door, closing it quietly behind him.
Most in Imladris knew that it was dangerous to bring up the subject of her marriage to Lainathiel; she had pushed back the raw, terrible grief for many years now, and to mention her husband’s death to her would be a terrible mistake. There were those who still remembered the awful sound of her shrieking sobs coming from her room in the dead of night; it was always a good idea to steer tactfully away from those years.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 4:18 pm 

The dark-skinned woman took her seat once more after nodding assuringly at Lord Elrond's remark on the Elven widow. She did not know why the subject of the husband was such a sensitive topic but she would avoid it if she needed to.
Silently she waited, now alone in the beautiful room of Lord Elrond, suddenly exhausted of her travels and the new environment.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 4:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lord Elrond swiftly sent an attendant to go to the breakfast hall to find Lainathiel; the messenger went at the run, his footsteps moving swiftly along the corridor. In the hall, he spotted the Lady Lainathiel breaking her fast in a corner; he walked towards her quickly, and she looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. Her expression was half-amused, half-irritated. She put down the glass she had been drinking from.
“Yes?” she enquired.
“Lord Elrond commands your presence,” the messenger replied breathlessly. Lainathiel sighed and rose from her seat. Did he indeed? She had only just come from his rooms, and she was starving for something to eat; she’d only taken a single bite of bread before this messenger had come bursting in.
“Very well.” She voiced nothing of her thoughts, but followed the messenger from the hall, walking quicker than he; he had been running and was out of breath, and it was all he could do not to fall behind. He took her into the room where Lord Elrond waited, bowed to his master, then darted away.
Lainathiel inclined her head to the Elven lord. “I did not expect you to summon me to you so soon after dismissing me, my lord,” she said, her tone even. He gave her a small smile.
“I have a task for you, Lainathiel,” he said. “It is concerning the Harad child, Firyal, who you brought to me. I want you to act as a mentor for her whilst she stays here, as I have permitted her to; if you would kindly show her around where she needs to go, enquire as to her wellbeing each day so she does not feel…” he searched for the word, “…isolated.”
“So you have allowed her to stay in Imladris?” Lainathiel said. “That is indeed gracious of you. A wise choice, do you think?”
“I am sure of it,” Lord Elrond replied. “I read no lie in her words.”
“Nor I,” Lainathiel mused. “So you wish me to look after her, as it were?”
“If you wish to phrase it so,” Lord Elrond said. “Will you, Lainathiel? I can think of no better person to place her with; you have proved your loyalty on many counts over these long years.”
Lainathiel paused. “Very well. I shall take care of her, if it is your wish,” she said finally.
“Excellent.” Lord Elrond went to the door and turned the handle. He looked at Firyal, who had been waiting in the chamber within. He stepped out from the adjoining room and smiled at her.
“Firyal, here is the Lady Lainathiel,” he said. “She has agreed to act as your guide in Imladris.”
Lainathiel followed Lord Elrond from the room. She looked at Firyal with her strange smile. “If you are content with my presence,” she said smoothly.
She supposed she should be flattered that Lord Elrond had asked her to do this for him; after all, it proved that he trusted her. And this would give her something to do, something to fill her mostly empty days. As long as Firyal settled down eventually. However that would be easier said than done; there would be many in Imladris who would not want her here.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 6:24 pm 

Relief was written on Firyal's face when she watched a pale, dark-haired Elf enter. For a moment she'd feared that Lord Elrond would have sent for the woman who's path she crossed that morning.

She nodded her had as introductions were made. "I would be honored if you would accompany me" Firyal quickly spoke. "I hope you will not be unsettled by my presence." A bit unnerved she thought of the family and friends of the Elf who might question her sudden presence but then she realised that all inhabitant of Imladris would have to get used to her. Not an encouraging thought.. but still she had to start somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lainathiel offered the girl that same, strange half-smile. She felt a tiny pang of something almost unfamiliar; pity. Pity for this child, for there would be many in the Elven haven who would not exactly treat her with hospitality. The Elves were renowned for friendliness towards strangers, but this was different. Firyal was Harad. But fortunately she had Lord Elrond to vouch for her, for now. And Lainathiel also, it seemed, for she was to be her guide. Stepping forward, her pale, upswept features settled into an expression that resembled kindness. There was kindness in Lainathiel still, despite the pain.
“I will not at all be unsettled,” she said. “Indeed, I feel you have a claim to feel unsettled by your new surroundings. They are new, and strange. Luckily you have a trusty navigator.”
Lord Elrond looked at his old friend with a certainty that she would take good care of Firyal. He need not worry; having known Lainathiel for many long years, he had come to know her personality. She would act fairly and rationally. “Lainathiel, I trust you will have no problems on this task?” he asked.
She shook her head. “I will not, my lord,” she replied. She glanced at the Haradrim girl. “Perhaps you would like to start with the gardens. They are very beautiful.” Best to first show her somewhere not too imposing, and the gardens of Imladris were very lovely.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2009, 4:18 pm 

Firyal had put on her cloak again as they left the study of Lord Elrond. In these mountainous lands it seemed cooler than the dry lands where the scorching heat burnt everything. She also liked the idea that her arms were covered although her identity was betrayed anyway.

She followed Lainathiel through the hallways and answered with a sincere smile: "I would love to see anything." And she meant it. The Harad girl had been overwhelmed by the colors, forms, smells and creatures in this promised land that, however exhausted she was, she was inpatient to see all of it.

"Everything seems so green.. and peaceful" she mumbled under her breath as she took in all she saw. "This seems like a perfect place."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8