Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 6th, 2024, 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 6:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

The sun was shining down, hot and bright on the tops of the Fellowship of the Ring and their guest, Amara. It took days, even weeks, to travel to different places. Especially since there were nine of them traveling together, so it was hard to keep them all up to speed; mostly keeping the Hobbits and the Dwarf with them. Amara and Legolas were the quickest since they were both elves, well, Amara was half... But, she was still considered one by her people; the people of Rivendell.

Walking through the grass, dirt and trees, Amara looked around the forest cautiously. The Orcs had been flourishing lately and they needed to always be cautious of their surroundings. Much like Legolas, Amara had a quiver of arrows and her bow resting on her back, just in case she needed it in battle. She also had a sword as a backup weapon. She had a tunic that was very popular for the warriors of Rivendell to wear.

She sighed deeply, as they walked more and more. It was all they did everyday and it gave them great exercise, but they hadn't really run into anything in a long time, so she was starting to lose hope of her revenge ever happening.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 6:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{Okay. I think that its time to get a few things straight :P So there now FOUR of us, and well live together? And the party was... Where?}

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 6:46 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(From where I see it, they could all either live together, or have two separate apartments for guys and girls, but the apartments are right next door to each other. And, the party took place at the apartment. It would be where Derek is living.

Amara, I should be joining you soon. :))

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 7:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I was having them all live together. Alex was just trying to be quiet after partying all night, it was to get the layout of the house down and all that. I didn't mean to imply that they were all there.)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 8:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tyson had finished his food and decided to attempt an attack on Bevier's shoes, to have it failed - slippery little man. He'd have them one day, he swore with a shake of his head.

The brown pit bull made his way over to the kitchen table where Alex was chowing down on her cereal and took up his customary position under her chair. The dog acted as if anything could happen to girl at any time and was constantly in tune with his master. He had been a birthday present senior year. Alex had wanted a puppy for school, and her parents found that since she was getting a small house they would actually like a dog about to let their daughter know what was going on.

So it had been decided that the family would pay a visit to the nearest animal rescue. As soon as they arrived Alex had asked to be shown the dog who was more than likely not going to be adopted. And their was Tyson - called Howler at the pound - all curled up in a corner. Her parents had been skeptical about bringing the pit home because he seemed a bad tempered, but with a lot of training and handling - she was talking, the whole summer and all school year - the pit was perfect. She took him everywhere, and even had a close call with some skeezy guy at a park - whom Tyson floored immediately. That settled it for her parents, the dog would definitely being going to college.

Alex patted Tyson's head and he let his mouth hang open in a big grin. It was about this time that she heard Bevier. She shot him a sharp, mascara lined - she hadn't taken off her make up yet - glare and went back to eating, intent on uncovering the picture of Optimus Prime at the bottom of the bowl.

"Stupid, alcohol," she muttered. "Never drinking again. Someone give me some Advil," she directed to no one imparticular as she was already standing to retrieve the magical red pill from a bottle next to the kitchen sink.

The brunette watched the peppy blond jog upstairs. "Ugh," she said disgusted. "That has to be illegal this early in the morning. Just watching her makes my knees hurt."

---------------------------------------

(I'm going to say that this is shortly after the Fellowship came into being...because I like playing Gandalf in his big hat....)

Gandalf walked near the middle of the group. The heat was oppressive against his dark robes, but he was thankful that his hat at least kept the sun from his skin. The old wizard had been burned by the rays one before and never wished to experience such again.

"Ridiculous weather," he muttered. It was supposed to be winter! Must be some wizardry of the Enemy, he thought. The heat would make traveling more difficult than even snow for it forced them to use water more often. Or maybe it was just the weather being strange, it was not unheard of to be certain. He just hoped that fate was kinder for this trip than the last few he had been on. Of course it would be dangerous, but he hoped for what ease they could get.

-----------------------------------

Eomer had ridden for more than six hours straight. He felt his mount tiring beneath him, but he could not bring himself to stop. No, not yet. There were evil tidings brought to him that he must share with his king.

It was here that he cursed. His king. His king was under the influence of a madman. No others could see his deteriorating mind and body under the constant 'care' of Grima.

"Dam the man, I shall have his head," he muttered. A sigh heaved from his chest, no he would not be able to reap his revenge until Theoden saw for himself what his treacherous councilor was doing to him. No, he would be forced to suffer estrangement from his beloved king for now, but he felt that the tides should soon turn to his favor. Certainly this news of Sauramon's betrayal - whom all knew to be closely affiliated with Grima - would set his king's mind straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 10:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{ So all living together it is. I started it out like that too so...}

Where was that mug! Darned thing never seemed to be the mug cupboard. It was a coffee mug that his older sister had bought him for his last birthday and he was rather fond of it. He had some suspicions as to where it disappeared, but he could live without the mug this morning.

Incidentally he failed to notice Alex, who was busy in the cupboard, and managed to drop the bowl he was holding. With a sigh of relief he picked it up and inspected it for chips. "Thank God for that." Shooting the brunette an apologetic glance, the olive-skinned youth trudged over to the table.

Bevier groaned and sat down on a creaky chair. "Darn drinks. I swore they added poison. Even I have a hangover and I never have hangovers." He was almost whining as poured the cereal into the ugly green bowl. He inspected it for a moment, "Are these Bran Flakes?"

For some reason Tyson was glaring at him. His brain almost whirred as made the connection between the bump and the plate thing and the dog's glare. "Um... Alex. i think your dog's mad at me. Should I apologize?"

It was sincere, not a joke. He'd long learnt that Tyson was the touchiest dog on the planet. Bevier knew lots about dogs. At least he thought he did until he met Tyson. He had an Old English Sheepdog, who was his best friend when he was in middle school, but the pit bull was just... A mystery. Maybe it had to do with the fact that his owner was a girl...

His wandering mind was brought back with the hangover amplified sound of Jo's voice. Wrinkling his nose in answer, he prodded the cereal and sighed.

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 5:40 am 
Maia
Maia

Goldleaf looked down at the orc corpse on the forest floor, sheathing her sword. "Vermin," she commented briefly. How dare any orc venture into Gondor? She had to say, it had not put up too much of a fight; quite easy to slay. After a few pathetic parries it had failed to block Goldleaf's fatal blow to his throat. Black blood spattered on the earth, marking the orc's defeat.
Goldleaf knelt down to examine it's helmet. It was rough hewn metal, painted with a large red eye. She glared at it. "Cursed creature." Quickly standing up again, she swiftly looked away from her dead enemy. She had been sitting in her favourite tree when it had wandered through the trees. Agile as a cat, she had leapt from the branch, landing on her feet, and unsheathed her Gondorian broadsword. There had been no mistaking the look of surprise on the creature's face; after all, orcs were used to fighting men.

~~~

Eowyn took a deep breath as she opened the door of her bedroom chamber, to step out into the corridor. Her silent pleas within her chamber appeared to have been answered, for it was empty; no one there to follow her, or walk uninvited with her. She swiftly went down the corridor, white skirts swishing. She hoped to speak to her uncle today; speak to him properly, without his "advisor", Grima, being there to hinder her with his poisonous words.

Her footsteps took her into the great hall; it was early still, and she prayed that Grima would not yet be up. Pausing on the threshold of the golden hall of her kin, her breath hitched in her throat, fists clenching inside her long, white sleeves in disappointment. There he was, standing like a prisoner beside her uncle.

Cursed man. But she was here now. She could not turn aside. Steeling herself against any outward sign of emotion, she walked towards the throne of her uncle, dropping in a curtsy in the middle of the hall. Rising up, she wished more than ever that Eomer was here.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Last edited by ~Goldleaf~ on May 22nd, 2009, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 1:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sure, Aerlinn. That sounds entertaining. She and Alex'll butt heads for sure. And I think I'll go ahead and wait for Smeag and Will to post once more and then we can get the LotR characters in.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 1:39 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

"Yes," Derek told Beaver, "Those are Bran Flakes, but, more importantly, those are my Bran Flakes. However, due to my lack of function this morning, you can have them because I don't want to argue about anything right now." Derek had pushed his cereal bowl to the side and laid his head in his hand, slowly working to massage the hangover away. "Alex, mind tossing over an Advil or two for me also?" Derek asked and grabbed at the air with his other hand, working to separate himself from the world when he realized that Tyson was working to slaughter Beaver on the other side of the table.

Derek had never liked dogs, and he would have been able to forbid Alex from bringing Tyson if she weren't so good looking, her parents not so assertive, and her dog not so horse-like. However, he did manage to rule the dog to sleep in Alex's room (not that the situation had ever really been questioned) and slowly work to morph the dog's big skull to not go anywhere near him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 2:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(here's the fun post that brings everyone together! Yay!)

Alex was barely paying attention to the boy now. She heard all of his words of course, but there was a more pressing matter at hand. Like where all of her bendy straws went...oh! She chuckled to herself and pulled one out of a holder in front of her on the table.

As she was looking she set a few pills in front of Derek and grabbed her lime green bendy straw from its box. She laughed at the Bran Flakes argument.

"Those things are gross, Cheerios are the way to go, man," she said to Derek with a superior nod. "And are you sure those are yours? After all, Jo has a thing for super healthy stuff. She'd probably beat you if they ended up to be hers."

"If it were a snake it would've bit me," she drawled, using an old southern saying to describe the extremely obvious positioning of the straw box.

With her newly acquired eating utensil she stuck it in the bowl and started sucking out all the, now cheerio sweetened, milk. It was childish, she could have just tipped the rest of the milk into her mouth chinese style, but this was too much fun.

"Yummy," she said wiggling her feet as she finished off the last of the milk, holding the bowl up for Bevier to see. "And look! Optimus says good job on making the food disappear!" She exclaimed with a laugh and then blinked. It had occurred that she should answer him.

"Firstly, stop whining about your headache. Suck it up and grab a Tylenol like the rest of us. Thirdly," she look at Tyson and gave him a small push on his stomach with her foot to jolt him from his death glare - anyone else would have lost their foot up to their shin. "be nice....wait...I didn't even have a second point did I? Oh, yes I did! You probably should apologize. It'd make him feel better."

The dog immediately settled, if not a bit moodily as if something had suddenly been taken from him. He huffed - Tyson's pride was mildly hurt. She shouldn't choose the boy's side over his. He was trying to help her.

Alex saw the apparent disappointment written on the pit's features and patted her lap. Tyson immediately perked up and launched himself up onto the appointed spot like a chihuahua would. Even though Alex had to hold part of his body, he was still just a big lap dog for her.

About this time the house went black. Not just typical, lights out black, but the wormhole type black. The only thing that stood out were the windows - they had taken on a silvery sheen and seemed to ripple with some unnerving force.

Tyson was off Alex's lap and on the floor as soon as he heard the slight gasp from his owner. He didn't like the dark. It was disturbing of his senses. He smelled the air, it was a mix of metallic and something else - grass, trees? But nothing he knew.

Lighting and thunder sounded though there was no storm outside - at least none that either Alex or Tyson had heard. Last they saw the sky was clear and blue.

-------------------------------

Gandalf the Grey felt himself being pulled. A nagging feeling that he couldn't shake. It was magic, he knew it was magic. But what sort was unidentifiable to him.

"To me!" He yelled to the Fellowship and the others about. It was the last thing he heard before the pulling became impossible to withstand and he was dragged like a worm on a hook into the black. His words were swallowed and his senses dashed to shreds.

The only comfort was that whatever he had been pulled onto was soft and smelt of lavender.

-------------------

Eomer was riding away from the storm he felt surging towards he and his mount. He might have escaped too if not for a sudden jolt on his back that pulled him from his horse. He clawed desperately at the ground.

"What devilry is this!" He shouted over the howling at his ears. But his question was not answered, and the howling turned into an eerie silence.

If that were not enough to scare the man; when he finally came back to his sense there was a snarling beast nearby. He groaned. There was a warg! But he felt too tired to even try and defend himself, and quickly let blackness take him again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 2:51 am 

[ Please guys.. could you wait for me? :guilty: I'll post this afternoon. ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 10:48 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{Okay I think that I'll take one of the cannon characters... Pippin maybe? Im feeling in a decidedly Pippin mood)

Bevier half-listened to the conversation about the Bran Flakes and chuckled as Alex chided him. He continued to shove the cereal in his mouth, stopping only to look up at Optimus Prime and wave, steal one of Derek's Advil's and continued. Alex was much like his mother. For some reason she undertook it to scold him from time to time, just so that he shouldn't get ahead of himself. Even if there was no real need to. Maybe it was just easier than trying to explain it to him...

There was an ugly Gremlin at the bottom, waiting for him and he frowned at it. He also noticed that Alex was finished, and Tyson was still waiting for his apology.
"Did you guys know there's a Gremlin in here?" He held it up as Tyson glared at him again, and sighed. Today was going to be long and tiring. He could just tell.

"Im sorry Ty. It was an accident okay? You know that I would never," he shot a significant glance at Alex, "do anything remotely related to hurting Alex on purpose." The dog seemed to think about it for a moment and then seemed pleased. He settled for a doggy-ish "hmph" and a wag of his tail. Picking up a raisin and popping it into his mouth."I think your dog actually likes me Alex. He's just too bad tempered to admit-"

The blackness that exploded made the youth choke on the raisin. He managed to stagger through the rippling floor and get to the sink and drink some water before the lightning made him choke on that. And then suddenly everything was normal again. He turned to the table, wiping his mouth and coughing, his green eyes wide.

"What. The. Blink. Was. That."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pippin had been having a rather enjoyable time. The weather was holding, there was usually three meals, and he had managed to stay out of trouble with Gandalf for almost two whole days now. There had been the incident with the cheese at breakfast the day before, but it was almost insignificant compared to some of the other happenings. With an uncharacteristically rueful smile, he remembered the night of the Stolen Fireworks and waited for Merry to catch up to him.

"I wonder what we're going to have for lunch. All this walking is hard business." Important things always came first for Pippin, and eating was definitely one of them.

Unfortunately Merry never got the chance to reply. There was a growling, and a shaking of the earth, and Gandalf was yelling. The little hobbit grabbed Merry's hand and ran towards the wizard. Whatever was happening, he would take care of them. Then the falling began... and the pulling... And stopped just as suddenly.

There watery morning sunlight coming in through a window. He seemed to have landed on a bed... There was clothes everywhere and a funny smell in the air. "Merry?" He called out. "Gandalf?" He got down off the bed and opened the door. Noting the fact that the house was no exactly spotless, he opened a door, only to hit someone. He hoped it wasn't Gandalf.

By Goldstrike

Last edited by Sairahiniel on May 27th, 2009, 12:09 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 1:43 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(Then, I must take Merry. :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 2:11 pm 
Maia
Maia

Amara continued walking alongside the Fellowship, but then heard what Gandalf said. She raised an eyebrow and then felt a very powerful pull on her body, which made her struggle to stand her ground. "PREPARE TO SHOOT!" She yelled to the rest of the group and then tried to get out her bow and arrows, but the force that was pulling her away from them was too strong.

Falling to the ground, she was being dragged toward a dark abyss and she didn't know where it led to. She desperately tried to grab onto something, so that she wouldn't be pulled in, but it was too late. She was surrounded by darkness and silence.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Here we go! :-D This is going to be so fun, I can't wait for the RL peeps and the LOTR charries to meet :lol: )

Before she could approach the throne of her uncle the king, Eowyn felt a terrible force take hold of her, dragging her like the tight grip of hands; she struggled, but her labours were fruitless as she she was flung forth into darkness, screaming. Then... silence, as if the very magic of this had power enough to silence her; it felt as if cotton had been stuffed into her throat. She knew nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing. Suddenly, jolting her awake in acute terror, she heard screaming; raw, terrible screaming, and then there was no more. The blackness took ahold of her again.

~~~

A sudden roar of noise hurtled past Goldleaf as she stooped to pick up another log of wood for her fire; the log was snatched out of her arms by the wind, and she felt something powerful and invisible take ahold of her, snatching her away. Yells stuck in her throat, she could not speak for fear, though her lips moved to mouth one word that looked something like "help".
She was flung fiercely backwards; it felt as if she was falling through the forest floor. Strange light danced in the back of her eyes then was shut out, and she did not wake from the dark sleep.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 4:14 pm 

[*feels kinda ignored* Jo was actually sitting at the table with the rest.. eh well I'll just pretend she's been away.. :confused: ]

Softly Jo hummed along with the song which loudly came out of the speakers of her radio. She stood in front of her huge clothing closet already wearing her casual jeans, several pieces of clothing scattered all around her on the floor of her tiny room. She wavered between her yellow strapless top and her purple tanktop. After choosing her second option Jo took the hairdryer while singing now falsely along with another tune.

"I just looooove yoooooouu" Her end note was almost a high-pitched squeal which resembled that of Tyson. Jo was silent for a moment and listened to the sounds from outside which flowed in through her open window.

There were many window although the room wasn't big which caused the room to be light. Jo needed light just like she needed nature. Her parents lived on the countryside a few hours from town and Jo had always been used to th ecountryside with enough space and nature closeby. At first, when she moved out, she'd felt locked up in the small appartment. But now she felt at home in the city.

"Loooooving yooooouuu" Jo made her way over to kitchen but suddenly stopped in her tracks. Everything turned pitch black. "Guys.. ?" Jo called to the kitchen as she groped in the dark and tried to make her way back to the kitchen.

"If this is some kind of joke to make me break my neck or stumble over Tyson, than it's not funny. I'll kill you if I have to miss my tennis match.."

Then everything went back to normal and Jo walked safely to the kitchen. "What the hell was that?" she asked her friends. But then she realised there were more people in the kitchen except for her three roommates. She could just stare at the guests who'd arrived in the not so clean kitchen. Stupefied. Baffled.

------------------------

Aragorn's grey eyes scanned the horizon. He had felt the constant threat after they had left the safe borders of Rivendel.They moved slowly but steadily more south. Because the Hobbit legs were short the Fellowship rested regularly. Aragorn was cautious. Any rustling of leaves made his hands shoot to the hilt of his sword. With every chirp of the bird his gaze went through the valley. And never he would let Frodo or the Ring out of sight. The Hobbit was strong he was sure yet he did not trust every member of the Fellowship.

Gandalf, the guide of the Fellowship, had been in a bad mood lately. Aragorn doubted if it was just the heat.
"Gandalf" the Ranger murmured when the rest was out of reach. "We should travel faster.. at night maybe. There's a threat looming in the air."

At that moment everything went black.

"To me!" the wizard yelled. Aragorn unsheated his sword. "Frodo!" But he did not see anything. "What is this for cursed magic?"

He fell.. down in the depth of the earth..down on cold tiles.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next