Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 11:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bevier looked a bit hurt at Derek's comment but said nothing. ONE day wouldn't kill him...

Turning his attention to Gandalf, he had to admit that this wasn't a dream. He'd read 'The Hobbit' at least two hundred times in his lifetime - it was his favourite book. The wizard was just as he'd imagined him. Looking around the room, he recognized most of the other characters from the movie. They didn't look anything like their actor counterparts, but they were still distinguishable. This was definitely the weirdest day of his life.

Tyson's behavior had taken him off guard and the pit's wagging tail was hitting his leg rhythmically. Gandalf's last words seemed sound enough...

"Umm... The kitchen seems to be getting crowded. Why dont we go to the living room? There's at least room for most of us to sit down." Bevier was rather pleased with his practicality at this point.

And then the car alarm went off. It sounded strangely like his car, so he sighed and looked out the window. Sure enough the old black Camry 2000 was honking away in the sunny parking lot in font of the apartment, a hobbit was patting the hood.

A sigh was in order. "There's a hobbit trying to pacify my car. I think I should go assist him. Before he gets run over or thrown into jail." Felling surly, he stormed out of the kitchen, and slammed the peeling front door as Pippin's crying filling the place.

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 7:44 am 

Aragorn woke up in the middle of a dusty, ppor furnished room. He immediately drew his sword and scanned the room for any sources of danger but he found none except for a kind of black box with people trapped in it and made a weird sound.

A loud yell interrupted the Ranger's thoughts when a red-haired Elf just appeared out of nothing.
Suilaid. O man dôr túliel le?* he asked the Elf trying to get a sensical answer in this not so sensical situation.

But then a human entered the room. Aragorn looked at him, quite perplexed at his strange clothing and appearance. Behind Bevier the contours of a pointed head was visible and Aragorn wasted not another moment with the Elf or the strange human but rushed into the kitchen.

"Gandalf" he softly spoke when he was at the wizard's side. "This cannot be but magic of Saruman. Is the Ring safe?"

-------

Jo grinned at Alex who was obviously still stuck in the phase of denial. "If they are not real" she countered with a slight smile "then how do you explain that there's a wizard standing in our kitchen, an Elf just ruined our old and very expensive coffee table and-" Jo watched with wide eyes how Pippin threw himself in Alex' arms embracing her tightly although he barely reached her hip. "..and that you're now hugging a crying Hobbit."

She glanced back at Gandalf and cried out: "Finally, someone is making sense.." Her blue eyes wandered off to the tall Ranger who stood next to him and watched him with the same sort of interest she would look at an extinct animal.

"A Ranger.. we've got the Ranger too!" she softly mumbled to Alex as if Aragorn was a rare baseball card she just had to collect.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 11:04 am 
Maia
Maia

Eowyn hugged Eomer back tightly. She wound her arm through his so as they would not be seperated. "We're not in Middle Earth?" she repeated faintly, glancing at the wizard Gandalf Greyhame. He was vaguely familiar to her; he had visited Edoras before, but Eowyn had never exchanged many words with him. There were others in the kitchen now too, people - and one sobbing halfling - clad, to her relief, in Middle Earth fashion, but her surroundings and the confused children they were stuck here with was too much. The room smelt like metal. Eowyn felt sick. She tightened her grip on Eomer's arm.

Goldleaf hovered near the doorway, looking around. She felt too nervous to speak, and flinched in surprise when a human man rushed through into the kitchen to reach the wizard - who, she instantly scolded herself for not realising earlier, was none other than Mithrandir. Mithrandir was a welcome visitor in Minas Tirith. Finally, she could not bear it any longer. She stepped forward and took a deep breath.

"Will someone please tell me what is going on? " she said, none too quietly, the volume of her voice surprising her. Her fingers drummed against the silver hilt of the sword strapped to the belt round her waist, absent-minded in nerves.

Eowyn looked at her. Goldleaf was obviously from Middle Earth too, and her accent was Gondorian. Someone, she decided, amidst her own fear, had to offer some kindness to the girl. "We're very obviously not in our own world anyone," she said, somewhat shakily. "Where we are now, I do not think any of us can say."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 12:29 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Okay, so I'm thinking to have a bit more conflict I'm gonna bring in a few baddies. But they'll be covert and we probably won't see them for a while. I'm thinking three or four will be max though. And there's a reason for it. PM me if you want in.)

The only thing holding Alex up at this time was the table she was latched onto and Tyson, who had forsaken his new found friend to help Alex stay up by pushing on her back with his head.

He let out a gruff bark probably in line with Jo's own words of chastisement telling his owner to suck it up and rub some dirt in it. Although, Alex was passed that. She was on the verge of a breakdown. Things like this should not ever happen outside of story books and movies...but here they were!

She pushed off the table, now holding to Tyson's collar for a bit of mental support and looked to the Ranger and then finally back to all of those around them.

She nodded at Jo's words, "Yeah. Yeah we do."

They weren't exactly like the actors, more that the actors strongly resembled them. The elves she thought seemed taller and more willowy. Aragorn...seemed a lot more dangerous and Eomer more set in his ways. The wizard however seemed just like everyone in the world pictured him which made her think that maybe some magic was involved there, or maybe humans just weren't as creative as they thought or Tolkien was just brilliant with his description of the old man. Probably the latter.

The girl slumped a bit when Bevier wandered out. "Another one?" She asked obviously bewildered, but then more important matters set in. They had to get these people home. With a sigh she gathered her scattered wits and put on a straight face, letting go of Tyson finally who seemed to catch on that Alex was now in work mode.

"Gandalf," she said looking to the wizard who regarded her with a stony gaze - she took back her former thoughts, Gandalf was much more powerful in real life. "We should move into the big room," she said reiterating someone else's thoughts.

"Derek," she spoke to the more easygoing boy of the house, "help me round up people we're gonna have a pow wow, y'all."

With a swish of her dark ponytail Alex was in her groove ready to take on...well, whatever this was. Her roomates she had a feeling would be ready for the same.

"Everyone out of the kitchen and into the living room," she said over her shoulder. "Pop a squat and we'll figure something out."

---------------------------
Gandalf turned his head to face the Ranger with a frown etched into his features. The man's eyes were steely as he tried to see through worlds to find the ring and Frodo. But to no avail. There was a great mist that clouded his vision, like that of the sea. He heard Frodo's voice, and seemed that no time had passed or maybe it was the past he heard. It was impossible to discern.

"Aragorn," he said finally. "I am afraid that my vision is not clear in this place. Of Frodo and what he carries," here the wizard gave him a stern glance willing the man to not speak directly of the ring in the present company. "I have no distinct clue. My magic is lessened in this place. Indeed I feel almost none in the air. Do you feel, my friend? It is not the same. The air is stale. Something has been forgotten here." He watched those about him who seemed to have a hard time comprehending what was going on. "I fear it may be us, though I only time will tell what that means."

"As for the magic...that remains to be seen. This, I believe, is out of even Sauramon's realm. Bigger things have brought us here."

He watched with no small amount of amusement as Alex gathered herself together in a way most befitting of the situation. And watched those about her also take some initiative.

"We do not seem to be in bad hands though," he said following the girl out. 'There may be hope here yet,' his thoughts added.

----------------------------

Eomer was confused to say the least. These people seemed very unorthodox in their manner of thought, although it could just be him. He had never heard women use such language, and he looked to his sister with some relief.

At least someone he knew was about. Everyone else was so foreign. Rangers, Elves, Halflings. He felt a pang of pity for those there who had nothing of home. Although that is where his thoughts for others ended. At the moment he was wary and everyone was a potential threat.

The brown haired girl...Alex, he thought she was called, stalked out of the room and issued orders. He frowned. Who was she to speak in such a way? A child, one who obviously held no standing judging by the way the people lived and their manner of dress.

So, he did the most logical thing. He turned to look at the wizard, expecting some answers. But the man looked just as confused as the rest, if not a bit more amused now at the actions of the group. He gestured for Eomer to follow the girl and the tall blond did so, if a bit grudgingly and when he did he made sure there was a good distance between he and the brown beast following the girl.

"Eowyn," he said looking to his sister, holding to her arm still. "We should be in luck if any here are able to give us advice. Mayhap the wizard knows a way back home. Until that time, we must be strong as is the way of our people, sister. We have each other now, and I am content with that for the time being," he finished leading the sheildmaiden the short distance to the other room and gesturing for her to seat herself on a chair while he stood behind it.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eowyn followed Eomer into the living room, making sure not to let go of him. She spoke quietly so that only he might hear as they walked along. "The wizard seems as confused as the rest of us," she whispered. "But I am glad we are both here, and should not be so easily taken away from all we know." She squeezed his arm. "I missed you, Eomer. It was unbearable being left alone with uncle and... that man." It was difficult for Eowyn to confess a fear, even to her brother, but she kept her composure.

As they reached the other room and Eomer gestured for her to be seated, she did so with immense dignity, sweeping her white skirts gracefully, and sinking down into the seat with ease. She looked immensely cold and beautiful, a daughter of Rohan. Her golden hair lay bright against her pale skin, hanging loose down her back and framing her delicate, noble features. She kept her head high. Again she inwardly rejoiced that her brother was here with her; had he not been she might not have been able to keep up the appearance of calmness.

Goldleaf, at a loss, trailed after the others. Once they reached the living room, she looked about with a small frown. She was not one to comment on household tidiness, having spent the last two years living in makeshift homes in Ithilien, but this place was disgraceful. Her old house, the home she had lived in with her family in Osgiliath, had been tidily kept, and always had been taken care of with the utmost precision, in case their friends or neighbours visited, as they often did.
Swiftly, she pushed away the thought. Home reminded her of family, and that, at this present moment, would not do. It would only bring back old memories, and that would undoubtedly upset her; in this situation it would appear to the people around her, not knowing her thoughts, that she was weak.

She glanced around. She did not particularly want to sit down on any of the chairs here. So she remained standing. Now she was concealing her fear, pushing it back so that no one thought the less of her for it, she looked a quite imposing young woman; tall, with a confident stance, elegant even in her old, worn, blue gown.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2009, 11:40 am 

Jo's gaze had rested on the scruffy Ranger for some moments but woke up at Alex' sudden attempt to get some clarity out of this chaos. Her room mate looked as if she was at the brink of a breakdown and if Alex couldn't take it anymore... Jo shivered. She knew that there would be hell to pay and that some of the Humans, Hobbits or Elves then would not survive.

Realising that it would be quite hard to clarify how a few dead Lord of the Rings characters could end up in their kitchen, Jo decided to assist her friend in getting all mythical creatures into their living room to keep them out of misschief and perhaps to get some answers.

Jo was blessed with quite a down-to-earth-attitude and was not quickly stressed out although she also thanked her yoga and Pilates-lessons for that.

"Come come" she smiled to the little Pippin. "You do not have to be afraid. Follow the brown-haired girl over there and you will be fine." Then she turned to Gandalf. "Mr Gandalf, sir, you'd better take off that lovely pointy hat. Our houses are not built for such epic type of garment you see." She gave Aragorn a wink while rushing everyone in the living room.

A few minutes later she entered the room herself with a platter filled with coffee mugs and a pot of coffee. "I'm so glad we decided to buy that new coffee machine instead of a vacuum cleaner" she said happily. "Nothing is better than a cup of coffee to get things straight again."

-------

"Yes I can feel it my friend." Aragorn softly replied to the wizard. "We must be far from our Lands.." The ranger quietly looked around him. The furnishing, the people, the language.. everything seemed different here. It worried him. But not as much as the answer his old friend had given him. If Gandalf's magic did not work here strange powers had to be at work.

The human looked quite bewildered at the two girls who were trying to gather the complete company in the other room. Both seemed to know Gandalf by name which made this complete situation even stranger.
"We must find Frodo" Aragorn said decisively. "If the Enemy finds him, all might be lost.."

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2009, 3:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I totally call dibs on a bad guy :P)

Bevier swore more or less the entire trip to his car.

Somewhere in his long-gone days as a high school Joe, he'd managed to pick up this huge vocabulary. Probably because he would spend his lunches reading, ignoring the horde of barely-dressed girls who would try and surround his table. Most of his friends though, were interested in the girls. By the time he was a senior, the girls had learnt that we wasn't going to pay attention to them, so they resigned themselves to dramatic, lusty sighs when they passed. Being a voracious reader had greatly expanded his mind in places like literature, theology, politics and philosophy.

Now he riffled through his mammoth vocabulary, occasionally using rather far-fetched words. He propped open the main door of the apartment block with a potted plant, and stepped out into the sunshine.

"Oi! You!" He called to the spluttering Hobbit. "Get away from the car." Bevier had many faults, but extreme unkindliness was not one of them. He didn't want the little fellow running off and getting hurt. So he went over to the car, pressed the appropriate button on his automatic key and grabbed the Hobbit's hand. "Your friends are upstairs. I'll take you to them. But please, please dont yell, or try to get away. Its been a terrible morning for me, and explaining to the police that you're from Middle Earth, and that Im not really kidnaping you might make this the worst day of my life. If it isn't that already."

--------------------------------

Pippin sniffed and wiped his nose with his sleeve. The blond girl was nice to him, and that had made him feel better. He missed his Hobbit friends though - Merry most of all.

Gandalf seemed to be alright with the situation, however, so he followed the party into the large, cluttered living room. As soon as the hobbit had a chance, he tugged on the wizard's cloak, "Gandalf! I think that maybe Frodo and Sam got left behind... They were talking with Gimli and we're sitting sort of out of the way..." For some reason he wanted to be as helpful as he could. They were after all in a rather scary place, and he thought that some cleverness on his behalf would make him feel better.

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 11:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Yay! AU is back online! And I'll totally PM you about the ideas for baddies, Saira. Welcome to the dark side)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2009, 12:39 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

( My dear, I have ALWAYS been on the Dark Side :P I just dress in pretty colours to deceive the world ;) But I'll look forward to planning Evil Dominion! MUHAHA!)

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 11:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Yay! I'll let you know when we are going to bring them in. It probably won't be until we get everyone settled. I'm just waiting for people to catch up and everyone to be in the same room before I post.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 2:07 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

"How do you know who my friends are?" Merry asked, suddenly being pulled away by a Big Folk. From his adventures in the War of the Ring, he had found this was never good, but this Big Folk didn't seem much like an orc, not that that detail made him any less evil. He owned something he called a.... car, and, from the looks of it, many others did too.

It was like a society where everyone had their own different... car. A society that Merry did not find himself too keen on being thrown into, but, as learned, Merry tagged along for the ride. He was much better at escaping once the Big Folk left.

-----------------------

Staring at the lady, Derek wasn't amused. Her expressions seemed to be continuously scoffing at his room, and she appeared to be one of the popular girls that always got what they wanted. "Alright!" he yelled at her, as she ended a gesture of gagging at the old clothes on the floor. "I get it. You don't like my room. Congrats. You don't have to... you don't live in it, or this world, for that matter. So, if you want, you can do us both a favor and go to the living room so we can figure this out and send you back where you belong...."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 5:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The worst thing that could happen when being suddenly thrown into taking charge of a room filled with fairytale creatures who were all staring at you expectantly is not having anything to say. And that is where Alex was. Half-way between a panic attack, vomiting and nothing.

So there the brown-haired, nervous wreck stood looking at group of people who suddenly became very real when all together in one spot. Alone, they could be apparitions. Together - they were a heart attack waiting to happen. The girl looked about at different expressions. The most prominent being Eomer disapproving look and Gandalf's more amused or encouraging one.

Alex used these both to fuel the fire. Don't let 'em see you sweat, cry or bleed. She repeated in her mind. That very same mantra that got her out of New Orleans in the worst situation. No way were they going to watch her fall on her arsse. No way.

A deep breath and nod from the wizard and the words came out.

"First things first. You are in Costa Verde, California in the United States. You are not in Middle Earth. There fore, you must - I repeat - must keep a low profile or someone is going to flip out. Got it? Second: we want you all home as much as you do. So, shut up, don't gripe and we'll figure something out sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. Third: Introductions. We all need them, so I'll start. My name is Alexandra Deggins and I'm from New Orleans."

She turned to face Gandalf who gave her an approving nod before picking up on her lead. If they were all going the make this work, the wizard reasoned. Then they had to do it together.

"I am Gandalf. Many, if not all, of you already know me. I was sent from the land across the sea," he said as a formal way of introducing himself.

--------------------------------------------

Eomer was rather surprised by the wizard's uptake. He himself found such introductions as juvenile, used in rooms of tutors when you are young. However, after a moment's consideration, he found where that might be comforting to those around him. Introductions were familiar to all. It was hard to insult with and often gave a bit of background on a person.

He nodded and looked about the room at those familiar and not so familiar faces. To him, the halfling was very much like a story book come to life, that made him sympathize with his hosts. It was difficult to come to grips with.

"I am Eomer. Rider of Rohan, sister son of King Theoden -whom I will serve in life and death," the man said, with another vague nod before offering his hand to his sister so that she might use it to stand an present herself as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 5:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eowyn listened as the girl informed them of their location. The United States? Where was that? Then, "introductions. We all need them, so I'll start..." She wanted them to introduce themselves. Gandalf was first. She listened quietly, and then it was Eomer's turn. She smiled approvingly as he spoke; after he had introduced himself she took his offered hand and rose from her seat.

"My name is Eowyn, sister of Eomer-" she gestured to her brother, "and sister daughter of Theoden King. I am the lady of Rohan and shieldmaiden of our people." She held herself with immense dignity; she looked as proud and strong as her brother, yet she was as fair as a pale flower. With one final glance, a cool sweep of her blue-grey eyes, at all those in the room, she seated herself once more.

Goldleaf cleared her throat and stepped forward. She might as well join in on this introduction business.
"My name is Goldleaf, and I hail from Gondor, Osgiliath," she said. Her voice came out steadier than she had expected to. "Although I have not stepped foot on my homeland city for over two years; it has long since been the Enemy's target of attack. So, until I was thrown into this... place... I have resided in the forest of Ithilien. And that, I think, is all I have to say about myself." She fell silent, and rested one hand on the hilt of her sword.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 7:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bevier grabbed Merry's hand and more or less dragged him upstairs, only pausing to shove the plant from the door. "Okay, so you're a Hobbit, I gather that much. There's another one just like you upstairs in the kitchen. There's also a tall guy with the wicked hat, the guy with the sword, the lanky one, freaky-girl, the red-haired chick and the blondie." He counted off the people who had propped into their apartment and grudgingly admitted that it wasn't the night before that was doing this.

The door creaked when he opened it, and seeing the billion and one strangers in his living room didnt help. Okay, New York was bad. Filled with weirdos of the most insane sort. But people from a parallel universe weren't weird. They were... From a parallel universe. Period. There was no comparative here. Except maybe for that little girl who had broken into the Museum of Anthropology because she thought she was a dinosaur. But this was cool. In a weird sort of way.

He let go of Merry's hand and lifted an eyebrow at the glare he was getting. "Dont blame me for this. I has nothing to do with you being here. Trust me." He whispered before listening to the girl with the sword.

"Bevier Chase Freeman. New York City."

Derek was standing closest, "What'd I miss?"

-----------------------------------------------------

Pippin was standing next to Gandalf, trying to understand what the pumpernickel was going on. He knew his name... But why was a girl in charge? Being in charge was for...

The door opened and when the black-haired boy stepped inside, he couldn't believe who was behind him. "MERRY!" He cried and threw himself onto the other hobbit. "Where were you? How did you get here? How... How..." He had run out of breath so he stopped for a moment to do that.

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 11:25 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{sorry for the double post - Bump}

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2009, 2:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(sorry It's taking me so long to post y'all. I'll have one up by tomorrow night I swear.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next