Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 12:19 am 
Ent
Ent

[Sorry for the lateness, you guys! Maeth told me about this a little too late. >_> xD <3]

[Below is the description of my non-LOTR character. I will be taking the role of our dear old Frodo Baggins. =]]

Name: Dylan Asbury
Description: She's basically a slightly reckless redhead who just loves to joke around and have fun. She's in college, working on a degree in the art of film. Oh, and she basically lives off of coffee.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 12:31 am 
Ent
Ent

Dylan rubbed her eyes tiredly and groaned, rolling over to her other side, where the pillow felt nice and cool against her cheek. She sighed happily. She had been dreaming half the night away about wonderful things- about Middle Earth, and Captain Faramir. And of course, she had somehow managed to marry him before Eowyn got to him. Ha! She smiled blissfully in her sleep, and grunted in a very unlady-like way when she felt a small hand upon her shoulder.

"Excuse me?" Dylan threw her arm out in the direction of the voice, assuming that Alex had, yet again, come to bother her at the wee early hours of the morning. When she heard a satisfying 'oof,' she smiled contentedly.

"Go away, Alex. I'm having the best of dreams." Dylan sighed happily.

"What of?"

"I'm dreaming that I'm in Middle Earth. Isn't that grand?" She sighed happily, throwing her arm across her body pillow.

"Really? How strange. I'm having a dream that I fell out of Middle Earth."

"What?" Dylan frowned, her eyes still closed. There were a few moments of silence. Reluctantly, she opened one eye blearily and found herself face to face with a wide blue-eyed hobbit identical to the one in her dream. Instead of reacting, she sighed.

"This dream just gets wackier and wackier." She muttered, closing her eyes again.

"Where am I?" Frodo asked in a voice bordering on terrified.

"Middle Earth." Dylan murmured sleepily.

"But-"

"Will you shut up? I'm trying to get some sleep. Geez. You'd think that Middle Earth people would know better than disturb a poor girl's sleep while she's hungover." She threw the pillow in the poor hobbit's general direction. Frodo tumbled over and groaned again. Throwing her a half annoyed, half frightened look, he stumbled out of the bedroom, leaving the door ajar.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 12:44 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Okay, so I feel like bringing in some baddies now because I feel a lull in this and I want it to live. So, if you have a bad guy. Bring them in. I'm also bringing Gimli. Because Dwarves are pretty awesome.)

Gimli had never been clastraphobic before, considering his race. Closed dark space always were comforting, but he found that in a cluttered space that smelled oddly like lavender and some form of alcohol (how the two went together he couldn't figure out) clastraphobia was eminent.

The dwarf pushed through piles of clothing that, by his eyes, had no pattern or normal design. Thusly, he was unable to glean any information from them, like where he was. The door he found was stuck and he did not hesitate to deliver a swift and heavy kick to the wooden obstacle and smiled as it promptly split and light spilled into his eyes.

His smile dropped like a fly that hit a bug zapper as he looked around the room. Clothes were everywhere, the bed was mussed and there was an unpleasant feeling that he was being watched. And then, Gimli saw stars as he was knocked to the ground by a growling Tyson.

--------------------------------

Tyson had taken to fall asleep upstairs because there were way too many people below, and because the nice man with the long hair had asked him to watch. There was far too much going on at the moment for him to even want to take part, and even though he loved his mistress very much, he knew she was safe and now was time for him to break.

At least he had hoped for a break, but his nap was cut short when Alex's closet door had been snapped like a twig and a short, stocky man stumbled out looking out of sort. The pitbull's head shot up in snap and he glared at the small human, or whatever it was. It smelled like some of the group, but he couldn't be sure.

He had broken in, and that was enough for the dog to get to his feet and lunge.

'You will be dirt beneath my feet, little man," the dog asserted in his mind, and the guttural growl made it apparent to everyone else, namely Gimli.

The dog was about to snap at the creature's face and give him a good one two for breaking in, but then he remembered the tall man with the hat. He huffed and instead latched onto the dwarf's shirt and unceremoniously dragged him downstairs like an over sized chew toy. Gimli raving dwarvish obscenities as he did so.

----------------------------------

Alex looked about and nodded to those who had introduced themselves. She repeated their names, a trick she had learned in cotillion to remember names, it worked very well she found.

The girl then swiveled her head towards the newcomers and other unintroduced peoples of Middle-Earth and, of course her friends Derek and Jo. She supposed that they might still be shell shocked, but she really needed them to back her up or she'd feel stupid. Alex did not at all like feeling stupid.

It was about this time that the wizard spoke up once more. "Wait a moment, my dear," he said with a kind inclination of his head. "We have more guests." His eyes twinkled and he looked expectantly at the stairs to see the dwarf being dropped at the last step. He shook his head seeing that Tyson was not quite as understanding as some of the dog's back home. Apparently, like the others from this world, he was more independent and a bit overexcited.

"Good to see you could join us Master Gimli," the wizard greeted while the dwarf stood up and brushed himself off, not at all pleased with his welcome. Although, he was ecstatic to see the wizard.

----------------------------

The room was cloaked in black. From the chairs to the vaulted rock ceilings. In the center was a throne and on the throne was a man. A very elegant man despite his seemingly lackadaisical manner of sitting. He was seated sideways in the throne his legs thrown over one side while his arm was used to hold to prop up his head.

This very same man was known as Sauron, who now stood in the guise of Annatar the very same guise used to lure all of Middle Earth into his clutches. It was almost ridiculous to think that all those about were under the influence that he remained in the form of a flaming eye. Yes, it was a useful form to say the least - all of his power so closely knit together without need for flesh and bone made it easier to see, so to speak. But it was hardly any energy to conjure this form and still keep watch.

He laughed at the pun made in his mind, and it was then that the guise of an elegant man shatter to oblivion. His laugh was rough and high pitched, and so filled with malice that it was hard to believe he could make such a sound as laughter. It also dissipated so quickly, to the relief of the sentries at his door, that one could hardly remember that it had started.

He was to speak with his servants today. Loyal though they were, the former kings of men were not too terribly bright. But, such was the price of power and the wearing of one's soul. The man flicked his hand in a bored gesture, but the sentry was so quick to open the door that one would think he had threatened death. Maybe it was subtext.

He spoke to these creatures in this form for they were still susceptible to that which is fair. An unfortunate trait that even after thousands of years had yet to abate. It was useful though, he thought, as it kept them hungry for the ring and more power that they would never achieve.

"Send for them," he ordered and another sentry ran out to light the pyre which signaled the need for the most trusted of Sauron's minions to seek their master.

"The other's have arrived," he said, having appeared a palantir into his grasp. "You have pleased me, my brother. When it is over you shall have a sizable reward," he spoke to the clear ball, but he knew that Saraumon heard him and was shaking in his boots with fear and excitement.

Sauron the deceiver smiled and knew that his kinsmen would not live through this war. After all. Sauron did not share power with any, and those foolish enough to believe he did deserved death if only for the preservation of some with in the world.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 1:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{So I like totally call dibs on a few ringwraiths. Will post ASAP}

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 1:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(well, I was thinking one wraith for all those who wanted a baddie, to cut back on confusion)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2009, 10:57 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{Bumpity}

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2009, 11:21 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Another bump. I don't want this to die again)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6